Random Chat

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Music_Hero2779 on 12/9/2009, 12:38 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:What's the best university to go to in America? The one that's good, but not too expensive... Cause the high school that I signed up at is an international school, and if I am able to, I might get a chance to move there.

Michigan State I'm guessing. Depens on what you want to go into.

Lawl, Michigan State.

There's plenty of good schools in America. Prices vary, but it really depends on where you want to go and what you want to focus on. What do you plan on majoring in?

I don't know.. I'm interested in English language, and writing... Literature stuff. But if I go there, all I could be is a writer, and if my books are failure, I won't be able to make money! DX

U could write plays, or for TV shows...

_________________
Hear that sound? That incredible melody filling your head? That music pumping through your veins? That beat going thump tump, thump thump? It's a song called living life. The artist is you.
avatar
Music_Hero2779

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 21
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Rianna Lauren on 12/9/2009, 12:55 pm

icegal2779 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:What's the best university to go to in America? The one that's good, but not too expensive... Cause the high school that I signed up at is an international school, and if I am able to, I might get a chance to move there.

Michigan State I'm guessing. Depens on what you want to go into.

Lawl, Michigan State.

There's plenty of good schools in America. Prices vary, but it really depends on where you want to go and what you want to focus on. What do you plan on majoring in?

I don't know.. I'm interested in English language, and writing... Literature stuff. But if I go there, all I could be is a writer, and if my books are failure, I won't be able to make money! DX

U could write plays, or for TV shows...

Well... I guess so... Which one produces more profit? XP

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Rianna Lauren

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile http://riannalauren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Music_Hero2779 on 12/9/2009, 1:02 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:What's the best university to go to in America? The one that's good, but not too expensive... Cause the high school that I signed up at is an international school, and if I am able to, I might get a chance to move there.

Michigan State I'm guessing. Depens on what you want to go into.

Lawl, Michigan State.

There's plenty of good schools in America. Prices vary, but it really depends on where you want to go and what you want to focus on. What do you plan on majoring in?

I don't know.. I'm interested in English language, and writing... Literature stuff. But if I go there, all I could be is a writer, and if my books are failure, I won't be able to make money! DX

U could write plays, or for TV shows...

Well... I guess so... Which one produces more profit? XP
Idk but a really good collage is Lake Supiror U. Its cheap, look it up online

_________________
Hear that sound? That incredible melody filling your head? That music pumping through your veins? That beat going thump tump, thump thump? It's a song called living life. The artist is you.
avatar
Music_Hero2779

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 21
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Azrael on 12/9/2009, 5:28 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:What's the best university to go to in America? The one that's good, but not too expensive... Cause the high school that I signed up at is an international school, and if I am able to, I might get a chance to move there.

Michigan State I'm guessing. Depens on what you want to go into.

Lawl, Michigan State.

There's plenty of good schools in America. Prices vary, but it really depends on where you want to go and what you want to focus on. What do you plan on majoring in?

I don't know.. I'm interested in English language, and writing... Literature stuff. But if I go there, all I could be is a writer, and if my books are failure, I won't be able to make money! DX
Not true. There's plenty you could do with such a degree. If writing books didn't pan out, you could be a columnist for a magazine. Or for a website. You could write for other different avenues of entertainment.

Trust me, you'd have options, just look around a bit. If writing and literature are what you love, then you should go for it. Best to learn in a field you enjoy than one that you might make money in but despise.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 12/9/2009, 5:33 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:What's the best university to go to in America? The one that's good, but not too expensive... Cause the high school that I signed up at is an international school, and if I am able to, I might get a chance to move there.

Here's some information for you to mull over.

Xenophobic Sponge

Posts : 574
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Azrael on 12/9/2009, 5:41 pm

Actually, the prospect of a "best" University is a bit misleading. There are a lot of great colleges in the US and quite a few specialize in certain fields. There's a lot of choice. You'll just have to search around a bit.

Either way, I hope you find what you're looking for, Rianna.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 12/9/2009, 6:07 pm

Azrael wrote:Actually, the prospect of a "best" University is a bit misleading. There are a lot of great colleges in the US and quite a few specialize in certain fields. There's a lot of choice. You'll just have to search around a bit.

Either way, I hope you find what you're looking for, Rianna.

This is very true, I think that list I posted is more for the weight the Universities hold mixed with how much support and the connections they offer to those that graduate.

I mean, if you're looking for English I have no idea what universities are the best known for that.

Xenophobic Sponge

Posts : 574
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Naked Snake on 12/9/2009, 8:00 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
Azrael wrote:Actually, the prospect of a "best" University is a bit misleading. There are a lot of great colleges in the US and quite a few specialize in certain fields. There's a lot of choice. You'll just have to search around a bit.

Either way, I hope you find what you're looking for, Rianna.

This is very true, I think that list I posted is more for the weight the Universities hold mixed with how much support and the connections they offer to those that graduate.

I mean, if you're looking for English I have no idea what universities are the best known for that.

My school has a comprehensive English program, for instance. It's not Harvard, as far as prestige goes, but it's a good school.

Lots of whores though...

_________________
avatar
Naked Snake

Posts : 1574
Join date : 2009-03-17
Location : Outer Heaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Rain on 12/9/2009, 8:32 pm

I know that Stanford, UCLA, and Berkley used to have very pristigious and once, highly thought of writing and business programs, but those schools have diminished in recent years, so I am not sure anymore.

_________________
I have found that the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference, and I am indifferent in the eyes of others.

I pray that every passing hour your hearts may bruise and beat, I pray that every step you take may bruise and burn your feet.
avatar
Rain

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2009-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Terra on 12/9/2009, 8:41 pm

Rain_of_Tears wrote:I know that Stanford, UCLA, and Berkley used to have very pristigious and once, highly thought of writing and business programs, but those schools have diminished in recent years, so I am not sure anymore.


All three of those schools are still pretty strong in most subjects. They have a pretty great balance.

_________________
This is the soundtrack to my life ♫
avatar
Terra

Posts : 643
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 23
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Music_Hero2779 on 12/9/2009, 9:05 pm

Lake Supior State, trust me. Cheap, and great for a higher education! (sry 4 spelling)


Last edited by icegal2779 on 12/9/2009, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Hear that sound? That incredible melody filling your head? That music pumping through your veins? That beat going thump tump, thump thump? It's a song called living life. The artist is you.
avatar
Music_Hero2779

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 21
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 12/9/2009, 9:24 pm

icegal2779 wrote:Lake Superior State, trust me. Cheap, and great for a higher education!

Looking this up, it seems like it might be a pretty okay school. It does have smaller class to teacher ratios which can help quite a bit, but it also looks like a lot of courses are only offered occasionally. One student review of the school mentioned that it took six years to get an undergraduate degree. The same person also mentioned the use of date rape drugs by students as well, so another thing to be on the look out for.

Most people, however, were happy with the school, though it probably would require more study to see if it's the school for you and if it even offers the programs and degrees you want.

Xenophobic Sponge

Posts : 574
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Naked Snake on 12/9/2009, 9:51 pm

icegal2779 wrote:Lake Supior State, trust me. Cheap, and great for a higher education! (sry 4 spelling)

WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS[/link]

You're awfully fond of the Great Lakes area, ain'tcha? Razz

_________________
avatar
Naked Snake

Posts : 1574
Join date : 2009-03-17
Location : Outer Heaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Music_Hero2779 on 12/9/2009, 10:16 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:Lake Supior State, trust me. Cheap, and great for a higher education! (sry 4 spelling)

WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS[/link]

You're awfully fond of the Great Lakes area, ain'tcha? Razz
Dude, I live there... Cool

_________________
Hear that sound? That incredible melody filling your head? That music pumping through your veins? That beat going thump tump, thump thump? It's a song called living life. The artist is you.
avatar
Music_Hero2779

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 21
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 12/10/2009, 12:01 am

icegal2779 wrote:Dude, I live there... 8)


I'm sorry.

Xenophobic Sponge

Posts : 574
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Music_Hero2779 on 12/10/2009, 12:03 am

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
icegal2779 wrote:Dude, I live there... Cool


I'm sorry.
y? I like it here! :D

_________________
Hear that sound? That incredible melody filling your head? That music pumping through your veins? That beat going thump tump, thump thump? It's a song called living life. The artist is you.
avatar
Music_Hero2779

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 21
Location : Michigan

View user profile http://www.kaminthestars.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 12/10/2009, 12:15 am

icegal2779 wrote:y? I like it here! :D

I live across the border and get a lot of Michigan news, a fair amount of Michigan tourists, plus the Michigan economy right now is in the toilet and everything added together more or less makes that the one state I'd never really want to live in if I suddenly became an American citizen. I'm willing to acknowledge that most of my dislike of the state comes from Detroit. But well, that one city ruins the entire place.

Xenophobic Sponge

Posts : 574
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Azrael on 12/10/2009, 12:21 am

Detroit would be awesome if it had Robocop.

*******

I cannot get enough of these remixes of Chrono Trigger songs.


_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Rain on 12/10/2009, 5:03 am

Azrael wrote:Detroit would be awesome if it had Robocop.

*******

I cannot get enough of these remixes of Chrono Trigger songs.


Nice, progressive, but nice.

_________________
I have found that the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference, and I am indifferent in the eyes of others.

I pray that every passing hour your hearts may bruise and beat, I pray that every step you take may bruise and burn your feet.
avatar
Rain

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2009-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Rianna Lauren on 12/11/2009, 7:01 am

Well... I suppose I shouldn't have asked until I actually know if I'm really moving or not. It was still a plan... And it's not really a big one. But if I actually do get to move to America, I'd love it. :D

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Rianna Lauren

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile http://riannalauren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by EllaMila1 on 12/11/2009, 11:34 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:Well... I suppose I shouldn't have asked until I actually know if I'm really moving or not. It was still a plan... And it's not really a big one. But if I actually do get to move to America, I'd love it. :D

Won't you miss Indonesia? and your friends? o.o
America is cool, but I wouldn't like it to go away here.
avatar
EllaMila1

Posts : 794
Join date : 2009-07-13
Age : 20
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Azrael on 12/11/2009, 7:25 pm

I got banned from IGN for trolling.

THE WIN, SHE BE OVERFLOWIN' THE SHIP CAP'N!

Rain_of_Tears wrote:
Azrael wrote:Detroit would be awesome if it had Robocop.

*******

I cannot get enough of these remixes of Chrono Trigger songs.


Nice, progressive, but nice.
It is, isn't it? I listened to it and thought it was a beautiful remix of a classic Chrono Trigger song. Great stuff.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Rain on 12/11/2009, 7:41 pm

Hey Az, did that song I sent you make you laugh?

_________________
I have found that the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference, and I am indifferent in the eyes of others.

I pray that every passing hour your hearts may bruise and beat, I pray that every step you take may bruise and burn your feet.
avatar
Rain

Posts : 1496
Join date : 2009-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Azrael on 12/11/2009, 7:58 pm

Rain_of_Tears wrote:Hey Az, did that song I sent you make you laugh?
I've got to watch it. I haven't really been doing much the past couple of days, much less listening to a lot. Sick right now; got a bit of a headache and my glands are swollen like balloons. I can't even talk without it hurting. Heh.

Thankfully typing doesn't require talking.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Rianna Lauren on 12/11/2009, 9:06 pm

EllaMila1 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:Well... I suppose I shouldn't have asked until I actually know if I'm really moving or not. It was still a plan... And it's not really a big one. But if I actually do get to move to America, I'd love it. :D

Won't you miss Indonesia? and your friends? o.o
America is cool, but I wouldn't like it to go away here.

Well yeah, but being a writer is one of my dreams since... A long time ago. I'm sure I'll be okay with that.
Azrael wrote:I got banned from IGN for trolling.
Ouch. DX but how... I mean... IGN has forums? O.o

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Rianna Lauren

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile http://riannalauren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.