Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hub City: Only dead if you want it to be.

Post by Vandal on 6/18/2012, 1:16 pm

Let's do it! Are you writing the first post now? This feels surreal. Like something I thought would never start...

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 6/18/2012, 1:24 pm

I am writing it as I type, well not as I type, because that would require two screens, and keyboards, and squid hands and stuff. But yes, I have begun the process of the beginning.
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 6/18/2012, 1:36 pm

The anticipation is killing me. I won't bother you anymore.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 6/18/2012, 1:37 pm

Well if you'd get in the Chatbox you could bother me without cluttering up my discussion thread Razz
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/19/2012, 3:05 pm

Spoiler:

Name- Darcy Cogen
Age-17

Appearance
Hair-Silver blonde, bob with front bangs
Height-5’6”
Weight-125
Dress
Casual-Jean vest with a burgandy midriff and cargo short along with hiking boots
b]Eyes-[/b]Brown
Skin-White
General-

Abilities

Physical abilities
Flexibility: Her body structure always her bend in many ways and since she's double jointed, it's an advantage

Training: Darcy's been trained with guns since she was ten and to fight when it comes to close combats

Athletic: Always been active through her life, Darcy tends to be very athletic

Mental abilities
None. Slightly smarter than others in Hub, due to her private education her father got her.

Weakness:
She's only human and tends to have grudges over time.

Paraphernalia-
Handgun pair: Made in a style of a Taurus PT 917 by one of her father's friends.

History
Since her mother was killed, Darcy has felt guilt over the past time that it was her fault for her mother's death. And as her father went back to his old ways, she allowed her father to train her to become a person that can protect herself. Darcy developed over time and became rowdy and independent, she usually goes around town to pry to into people's businesses.

Also, Dec, do you want Saul's CS? You're suppose to GM him remember?

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 6/19/2012, 3:10 pm

Darcy is accepted, and yes please, so I shall know who I'm playing.
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/19/2012, 11:43 pm

Dere ya go.
Spoiler:
Name: Saul Cogen
Alias: Cache

Features Looks

Hair: Short, slicked back. White bangs and the rest dirty blonde
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 200
Skin: White

Clothing: A tan button shirt underneath a darker brown coat and baggy jeans with boots.

Description: A squared faced middle age- white man with blue eyes and fair hair.

Skills/Strengths

Bravey: Saul won't back down for anything.

Static Strength — The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.

Street Smarts: Saul is a very resourceful and fast acting man, when it comes to trouble situations out at the streets

Weapons
-FN Herstal FNP-9: A semi-automatic and polymer-framed pistol that can exceede to 17 rounds

Origin

At the age seventeen, Saul was brought to hub by his father after being kicked out of their house (financial wise). Willingly, he went along with his father and moved to the corrupted society because they couldn't afford anything else better. His father got a job at the steel mill, while he had to adapt to the rough environment. Saul ended up being an easy target to boys a year or two older than his age. He was getting beaten and robbed as he searched his own doing to get a job around the area other than being at the steel mill. Eventually, he got tired of being pushed around and began to workout to strengthen himself. And then went into smuggling drugs from men to younger boys and selling them. As he got older, he wanted to do bigger things. He joined a gang to learn more about the area he lived in. He also gained some fighting and shooting experience. He spent a few years in the gang after meeting a woman name Francis Douglas and fell madly in love with her,that he quit being part of the gang to be with her, but they didn't accept it and Saul had to to leave the area. After a few years of marriage they had Darcy. Saul purified himself and gain a job at a department store that would frequently get robbed every so often, but he didn't mind. When he was 34, his wife was killed when she was out getting groceries, she was killed at a shooting with her daughter Darcy (who was seven). However, Darcy lived due to her mother sacrificing herself to cover the young girl, this effected Saul in a negative way.Time went by and they finally buried the corpse, he became a drunk and began to be overprotective by showing his daughter how to defend herself. He threw challenges at the young girl, so she'd grow up to dependent and strong. Realizing there was no point having a job at the store, he went back to the gang life and became a leg-breaker ( hired by bookies to beat up customers who haven't payed or have accrued too high a debt.)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 6/21/2012, 12:53 pm

Hub City has Started!

The Role Playing thread is viewable here. I have already posted the first post, including the forecasted weather for the day. Please read through it and then respond at your leisure with your character(s)' introductory posts. It can be as simply as them getting off a bus at the "Hub City Transit Station" if that is what you'd prefer.

Let's all enjoy ourselves shall we!
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 6/23/2012, 12:14 am

Since no one else has posted and I don't want to build up a backlog. I am foregoing my required daily post as GM for today. I hope players can use this time to read through the, admittedly large, post I provided to start the RP, and intro their characters sometime tomorrow.

If any one is having issues thinking of some way to introduce their character, or is unsure of what/where they might introduce them, please feel free to either post here in the discussion thread, or PM me directly with questions, concerns or anything else that might allow me to assist you with any problems you may be experiencing.
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel on 6/23/2012, 1:25 pm

I'm so excited for this Rp! I hope you all don't mind me reading it even though I'm not participating.
archiesangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 6/28/2012, 1:37 am

I think I'll not post today to give some of our players a chance to catch up on their reading.

Also; feel free to read through, and even comment (here) on the RP Archie. I know I love hearing about how awesome something that came out of my head is. :ego:
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel on 6/29/2012, 5:27 pm

I'm really liking it so far! And I will :3 thank you
archiesangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 7/1/2012, 4:00 am

Must admit, I wish others were more inclined and motivated to post more frequently.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 7/1/2012, 6:04 am

I expect things will pick up a little once I've engaged all the characters. It's new and unusual that players don't instantly get to 'go into work' and meet up with one another. Most RPs are pretty slow till the adventure team meets, but I'm trying to give a realistic 'call to action.' In terms of the monomyth we're still before the call to adventure.
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 7/6/2012, 5:51 pm

I thought I might share some of my plans regarding how the main/player characters are going to meet up, since as you may have noticed they're not grouping together quiet as quickly as they would in a standard 'team' role play.

That is because in a standard team role play the heroes would have a reason to group together, and that would be the fact that they're in a group together. Think; Young Justice, everyone's beaming into Mount Justice together, even when they got new members it was because someone, Batman, Green Arrow, Zatara, brought them to the mountain.

In Hub there is no team; so the player characters may appear to be flapping in the wind at the moment; probably because they basically are. Yet! Never fear, for I have a plan for this.

While I wanted to attempt avoiding 'happenstance meetings' due to the fact that they seem like a shoddy excuse for having the main cast meet up. Instead it was my intention that it would be the main character's heroic nature that brought them all together; it should play out something like this.

The player/main characters drift around for the majority of their first day. Along the way they meet some of the locals (NPCs) and get to know what a day in Hub is generally like, while this is happening the criminal element is going about their criminal business, specifically, Marley and his crew are collecting protection money from most of the businesses in Hub.

At some point along the way someone non-specific isn't going to have the money to pay them, I'm thinking it'll be a comic-book shop just because that'd be ironic what with the whole 'superhero' theme and stuff. The mob will not take immediate action as this will be sometime around/past noon, I'm aiming for 12-2pm. Instead they will continue on with their daily rounds, and collect their money from the rest of Hub, hopefully bumping into player/main characters along the way.

Then at some point after dark; 8-9pm it is September after all, the trio shall return to burn the comic shop down to the ground with little to no regard for those inside or the adjoining buildings.

Cue heroism; the large bonfire/attempt arson catches the attention of one or more of the main/player characters. I figure Azalea and Arthur should be out costuming it up by this point, (just because it would be 'that night') as well as having Rhodes & maybe Mis hanging out with a slightly more sober and significantly more irate Dr. Occult. While the other player characters shall have hopefully acquired a distaste for the lack-luster-law in Hub, or otherwise obtained a motive to be superheroes; at this point I would accept 'was walking by and saw the flames' impulsive heroism.

Dr. Occult will encourage and assist those with him in the saving of citizens and fighting of the fire, and readily accept the assistance of anyone who shows up during the fire-fight {pun}. Then after the main cast/player characters have done what they can to be heroic and save citizens. Occult will advise they all retreat back to his place before the police show up and start asking questions about the group of masked and/or super-powered people who 'just happened to be in the area' when a massive fire broke out.

The main cast will adjourn back to Occult's offices for tea and cookies, bourbon for Occult, where you shall all get to know one another and Occult shall offer his building's services as a hotel/home base. Look out, the cockroaches will eat off your eyebrows if you sleep on the floor.

The Next Day! The mob shall be upset with superheroes having thwarted their attempted arson but frankly, I expect the majority of the building will be destroyed anyway, it's kinda hard for five-ten people to fight a fire regardless of their super powers, also fire suppressant hoses can cause as much or more damage than the fire itself to a building and it's contents {I'm lookin' at you Rhodes Razz}

Then the team shall be assembled and we'll all go from there.

Feel free to ask questions.
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel on 7/12/2012, 7:59 pm

>majorly impressed<
archiesangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 7/25/2012, 12:14 pm

Just a heads up. I realize it can be difficult to find the time/motivation to post, but I will be reinstating my 'posts once a day' policy. So if you can't post do at least try to read the posts so you won't have a tremendous backlog. Non-active characters can be just jumped to present pretty easily thanks to the Timestamps.
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 8/3/2012, 2:08 am

I'm going to go ahead and put of posting in Hub today so that I can work up a big ol' post to deal with the hour that's passed between the last post in the Deli and Rhode's entering.
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 8/3/2012, 9:20 am

Oh I thought it was like 9:50 something last post in the deli, which is why I thought it was okay for her to enter.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/3/2012, 10:01 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:I'm going to go ahead and put of posting in Hub today so that I can work up a big ol' post to deal with the hour that's passed between the last post in the Deli and Rhode's entering.
oki >.< Sorry i've been a bit busy to post lately.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 8/3/2012, 10:10 am

Np Rob, though I could've sworn I saw you have a post a couple days ago, but then it either vanished or was never there to begin with...

My brain plays tricks on me sometimes.
but it's okay because I have fun figuring them out.
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/3/2012, 10:53 pm

So do I still post or not?

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 8/3/2012, 11:03 pm

Yes please
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 8/10/2012, 12:55 pm

Hey!

Just wanted to give a heads up officially, even if most of us who are still Rping already know.

I am going to be camping till sunday, so I won't be able to post. Have fun you crazy kids~
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 8/16/2012, 2:40 am

Posting from my phone please forgive any errors.

My home internet is down so I'll be unable to post in Hub or yaknow get online util its fixed.
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top