The Darkest of Knights

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by redeagle321 on 1/15/2011, 3:31 pm

Although Cy was comforted somewhat by Karmy, that still left a lot of guilt on her chest. "But.... what about YOUR death? if we never got in that stupid spat, you would've never had that run in with Slade...." Cyrah said. Although she somewhat knew the other deaths weren't 100% her fault entireley- mind you, she still put some of the blame on herself anyways- she felt as guilty as the asswad that pulled the trigger for Karmy's...

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/15/2011, 3:59 pm

"Oh.. Great. Guys, I told you to keep it down. Go have your conversation outside of this room." Barbara ordered pointing to the door. "Why did you have to talk in front of Alice when she's trying to sleep?" She demanded in a more pissed tone to Cyrah since she was the one giving her an attitude earlier. Alice bobbed her head slightly up to look around, she had been awake for the last two posts and Barbara was the only one who realized it. "What the hell are all of you doing in here? Half of you don't even care about me, what are you doing in my room?!" Alice shouted. "Alice, calm down, they're here for Karmy. Guys.. Out. Now." Barbara sternly spouted. "Ah! Fuckin' sh*t! That hurts! Goddammit!" Alice groaned. "Go back to sleep, I'll get you more morphine; what are guys just standing there for?"

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 1/15/2011, 4:06 pm

"Gah sorry!" Karmy spazzed out. "Cyssy, Cass c'mon, I know you don't wanna be here. Let's go chat in the lounge. I'll be right back Barbara, just wanna take care of Cyssy." then she tried to pull out Cassius and Cyrah but forgot that they were much heavier than her and she slipped, falling flat on her face.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/15/2011, 7:57 pm

The young blonde smiled biggly, her leg twitched at the knee ever so slightly, her eyes flashing dangerously as they swiveled over to look at the dark figures young ward. Her jaw clenched as some strange thought bubbled into her brain, she couldn't even comprehend it but she knew that it would get her severely injured, and that's just want she wanted.

" You're gonna send me home right? To Arkham? To Ivy and Szasz and Jon and Jervis and Max and Great White and...and everyone....You promise?"

She bit her lip as her head cocked to the side a fraction, her wide eyes never leaving the frame of the other young girl as she off handed gestured to Batman. Her shoulders were shaking ever so slightly, only a mere twitch to dictate that she was close to springing into another fitfull bought of psychotic action, she wanted her fight after all, it'd be so anti-climactic to just leave things as they were, to go peacefully....

" Did you take care of the liar too? Is that why you couldn't stop my bomb?"
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/15/2011, 8:36 pm

Batman couldn't help any more than to be creeped out. He hid it. He kept advancing, step by step. "GG should be in the hands of Gotham's Finest by now; I gave the commissioner the hint and it would have lead straight to him. You on the other hand," Batman huffed, pulling out a pair of flexi-cuffs. "I assure you. You will be back in your padded cell by morning. I can't garuentee your satisfaction though."

He was really close to her, too close for comfort. Dick had a thing for first strikes, but the situation he was in, he had never envisioned this sort of predicament. Always expect the unexpected, I suppose. Still, in an awkward situation, the best thing to do was to strike first anyway. The Dark Knight shot his fist into the young girl's face. And that was somewhat therapeutic.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1/16/2011, 1:59 am

Robin set the man aside, setting him far away from the duo. Quickly and gently the ebony haired girl wrapped some of the man's wounds up and patted them lightly her fingertips. Though, Robin would glance over at Batman and Mame to see what was going on. Once she was done helping the man, she stood up from her sitting position and captured the Bat throwing his fist at Mame's face. Ouch. She thought to herself imagining how that hit might've felt.

Luna planted herself on the empty seat, "You know other people would freak out seeing their friend disappear into a portal, yet here we're use to it." The mage said in a monotone voice as she looked over at Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 1/16/2011, 6:21 pm

Cyrah was about to make a comment along the lines of 'didn't stop YOU guys from no doubt yucking up a storm' but she decided against it and sloughed out the door, picking Karmy up off the ground as Casisus brought up the rear.

"Y'know, you'd think that, wouldn't you?" Zero said, leaving a lingering look at where his sister had just been yanked out of thin air. "But I guess us and the unusual just sort of blend together." He said to Luna.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 1/16/2011, 7:32 pm

Once they were out of the room and down the hall, Karmy squirmed her way out of Cyrah's grip and picked herself up off the ground. "Just ignore them for now, let's go see if we can find a room." she told them, dusting herself off. "Daww man.. Barbara just patched this up." she looked down at her hand. "Ah well, how are you feeling, Sarah?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 1/16/2011, 10:23 pm

"Peachy." Cyrah said, taking a look at her sister's hand. "Sorry, did that re-open?" She asked. Sarah couldn't help but noticed that Karmy hadn't commented on what she said about being responsible for Slade killing her, though.....

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 1/16/2011, 10:33 pm

(Where did she mention that..? And ah well, I'll roll with it.)

"Yep, but it'll stop bleeding soon enough." Karmy said, sticking her head in a random room to see if it was empty. "Ok, didn't need to see that." she slammed the door shut. "Screw it, let's just get it out right here. Sarah, no matter what you think, no matter what any body says and no matter what you dream," Karmy laid her good hand on Cyrah's robotic shoulder. "You are EN OH TEE, not responsible for my death. Dad knows that, Matty knows that, Ivy, Lu, Alice, and even Slade knows that. You gotta stop blaming yourself, alright? You didn't pull the trigger. The fight wasn't the cause of me dying. If anything, it's my own."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 1/17/2011, 1:54 pm

[sorry, thought I brought it up a page or two ago, right before Barbara shooed them out.]

The overtly hard on herself side of Cyrah wanted to continue to nitpick and find way that it WAS her fault, but the rest of her just decided to shush that part and move on. "C'mon, it's not your fault." Cyrah said. It was unanimous who the one that actually did the did was and deserved a chunk of the blame......

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 1/17/2011, 2:32 pm

"Alright, let's just agree that Slade is the cause of my death." Karmy said, leaning against Cassius. "And if there's any part of you in that big head of yours that still thinks otherwise, I'm going to kick it's ass, right Cass?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/17/2011, 4:02 pm

The word was....euphoric

Mame had jerked her head to the side, her reaction time not dulled by her own psychotic brain, but she had not missed the punch and the Dark Knights fist had grazed over her swollen scratched cheek. The angry red lines splitting from the force and bleeding, sending hot spikes of pain through the girls eye and into her brain. She didn't seem to mind.

But she did twist her body and send her heeled boot right up into the vigilantes solar plexis, the close combat was her specialty, and not just regular brawling, being intimately close, her legs weren't always long enough to reach the taller opponents and Batman had come right into her circle. She had jumped back them,swinging her leg back as her body curved into a backwards cartwheel to get some distance from the man, she wasn't sure the hit had taken and though the punch had been nice, she wasn't keen on him punching the skin off her face.

" NOT HIM STUPID BAT!"

She was cocked down into a stance, her brain pumping sweet hormones into her brain, a lazy grin spreading across her features as her powerful leg muscles twitched and tightened under her knee high socks. How could he be so ignorant? Hadn't he known the liar longer then she had? Then again Mame had realized a while ago that she sadly knew so little about her 'Father' before he betrayed her and sent the one eyed old man to spirit her away to who knows where.

" Slade! Don't be stupid Batman! He's the liar! You beat him right?!"

Despite her smug smile her eyes read a different story, and the frantic, almost frightened at the thought that the masked criminal could still be out and about, free to haunt her mind with what she wished she hadn't ran away from. It seemed Mame wasn't ready to stop talking yet, she needed to learn more before she was defeated and taken to Arkham.
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/17/2011, 4:33 pm

Batman's abs hurt, not from the kick that Mame dealt, but she no doubt hit a tender area that had been bruised in recent fights. He stepped back, she wasn't in a tense fighting stance, which signaled that she was cooperating only to get answers. If this was the end of this madness, Batman wouldn't deprive her of answers.

"I had to let Slade go, others were in danger. But I will find him and bring him to an end. We will finish what was sparked so long ago. You were his latest apprentice, weren't you? What did he do to you?"

Batman of course exchanging with Mame information, but if he was going to tell her anything, he'd like to know her side of the story too.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/17/2011, 9:13 pm

" What do you want to hear Batman? That he tortured me? Tricked me into serving him? Raped me? Beat me? Warpped my mind to do what I did?"

She paused for a moment as fond memories pooled at the back of her skull, before fleshing out into the various overworked pathways that sparked little electric volts of information into her comprehension. She frowned and wriggled her fingers in succession, her tongue darting out to swipe away some of the dribbling blood from her cheek.

" He took care of me....He needed my help in the beginning, and I took care of him and then he returned the favor once we got that machine and he was going to train me but then....I fell asleep and....And then he wasn't him anymore! He left me in the hands of some..some...Imposter! Some old man! I.....I do NOT like being deceived"

She snarled suddenly, eyes flashing with the deadly random madness that would grip her at will, her fists clenched and her entire body spasmed into a tight contstricted stance, her good eye, the one that wasn't nearly swollen shut, bore ito the Dark Knight with a seething sort of rage that was only magnified by the freakishly pale color of her eye.

" But but but.....I....I am not....Not NOT NOT NOT just some kid you sent away anymore! You and them...Slade....Slade....."

It was as if her brain was a skipping record, her tongue waggled against the name she spoke, stuck on it's texture as she thrashed her head back and forth.

" I killed all those people so you'd notice me...And you did.....But I don't think....I don't think I think.....You're the one that failed not me!"

It was as if she was arguing with someone else, even as she stomped her foot into the ground and shoved her fists up before her face to guard it from the eventual blows he would inflict on her. She wasn't seeing Batman, and then again she was seeing him, clear as day, all she ever wanted, wrapped up in a big dark cowl.
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 12:26 am

A twisted part of Dick wanted to beat the hell out of Mame if she stuttered one more time, or reminded him of his failures. Batman never fails. There's no room for failure. He, Dick Grayson, was the one that failed. The sane part of him was calm. The sane part was Batman, and Batman stepped forward. Sirens were could be heard from a distance. If his prediction were to come true, he would have to either reason with her to cuff her quickly, or struggle getting the cuffs on before the Cops showed up. He didn't need any stray bullets flying around the stage.

"Mame, whatever Slade did to you he can't touch you anymore. Don't blame anyone else for the lives you've taken. You need help, come over here quietly. Come here... Auguste. Come on. Let's just do this nice and easy. You'll end up in your cell either way, in better health or in a body cast. It's your choice."

Dick secretly hoped she chose the body cast. The snow began to pick up, wind began rushing past them faster. Faster. It was hard to distinguish of Mr. Freeze was hanging around them or not. Maybe the weather would get to the young murderer before Dick did. He secretly hoped it would so it would be easier to send her to Arkham in a body bag.

Last edited by Vandal on 3/24/2014, 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/18/2011, 5:20 pm

Mame's fright and anger bubbled into a twisted grin, one that sent more waves of ache through her swollen blood shot eye. His voice was the only window she had into his state of being, and he was NOT happy. Perfect, she wouldn't want it any other way.

" Did I say I blamed anyone else for what I did? Oh no no no......I did all of that....and I did it for me and no one else....You better get Slade Bats....You better tear into him until your fists turn his skull to dust...Or my skull, seeing as how you were so eager to break my jaw a moment ago"

She swept her leg around and lowered back, like a sadistic vipre ready to spring far beyond it's reach. Mame had won the first half of the battle but she knew Batman would win the war, and once again she found herself hoping he wasn't merciful. Because the more she let him break her, the more time he spent taking out that 'justice' of his on her, the more he had to acknowledge her, to keep all his focus on her, because then that meant she existed, Mame so liked existing.

" I think we're done talking....We wouldn't want me getting an itchy trigger finger and blowing up another establishment would we?"

Her voice seemed smug but her body did not display the tone as on hand reached back to pull out the used bomb trigger, in truth there were no more bombs, but Batman didn't know that, and her thumb was too close to the trigger for him to make a run at her without her pressing it. Her mind screamed at her to also be aware of the 'Boy Blunder' but then again the pressing of the button was only a twitch of her thumb away, no one could stop her if she chose to press it, and the tactic was just to get the Bats goat anyway. The consequence for her pressing the trigger again would be a anticlimactic impotent event, and give her some satisfaction in making the Dark Knights heart pump a bit faster.

" So let's how many of my bones you can break before you get those cuffs on me"
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 6:25 pm

Batman was shocked. How many bombs did GG say made for her? How many bombs went off? There really wasn't any time for this. His shocked stance calmed down after a tense second.

"I can cripple you from here."

Batman's stance suddenly snapped to a position as of he was about to toss something at Mame. The action was quick, she didn't realize three small batarangs had been lodged into Mame's arm that had been holding the detonator. There, he knew it was time to open up the whoop-ass.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/18/2011, 6:44 pm

The blonde let out a yelp of surprise but didn't drop the detonator, she merely tugged her arm back towards her body and stared at the projectiles lodged firmly into her forearm.

" Huh"

Mame took a few steps back, tugging the batarangs out of her flesh, rather uncomfortable but nothing she hadn't dealt with before. The youth turned her bemused gaze to the Dark Knight and then looked back at the detonator, wow that had been unexpected, how had she forgotten about those damn things? God she had just fallen prey to the cliche Gotham Rogue behavior, forgetting about the damn tools! Yay! That must mean she was an actuall Rogue now!

The blond began to laugh as she tossed the trigger towards the vigilante, her head lolling to the side as she just beamed at the stereotypical Batman behavior. In a flash Mame was rushing the masked man, eyes all ablaze as sweet emotion pooled in her gut, she had missed being able to talk to people, not exactly eager to cut off their conversation with violence but she knew she was walking on egg shells with his patience.

Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 7:33 pm

Batman wasn't about take a beating from a little girl half his age, half his size, and half as experienced as him, so why was he letting this chick let him wail on him? She was crazy, her kicks were everywhere, yet she managed to stay unpredictable and effective. He needed to go on the offensive side, taking direct hits was embarrassing enough, yet sue was wailing on him! He thrusted his fist in her general direction, just keeping her away, was good enough. If je broke a rib in the process that was a plus. He popped a flash to momentarily stun Mame while he tried to crack open her nose.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/18/2011, 7:43 pm

The stun had worked, her visible pupil constricted as she stumbled back, his fist had contacted with her ribs and managing to crack at least one of them, it wasn't broken but it was certainly enough to cause her to vomit out saliva tinted with blood. Luckily for the girl she instinctively rolled from him and avoided the fist to her face, her bleeding arm clutching her gut as she retched and squeezed her eyes shut.

Her lithe frame was on both knees, one foot dangling off the edge of the elevated platform as she tried to shake off the blinding effects of the flash bang whosit. She had felt good for a moment there, actually managing to land decent blows on the Dark Knight, in all honesty she didn't think she'd even get that far, and some part of her ego whispered that her antics had rattled him enough to give her a shot at his armored torso.

She still smiled, staggering to her feet as her none swollen eye squinted at the big blurry shape before her, her hands came up to protect her face again, her leg muscles tensing as she waited for him to charge again. She wasn't going to take intiative and rush him this time, he was going to come back to her little circle and get another kick straight to the head, or groin, whichever she reached first...Probably the groin....Briefly she wondered if he wore a cup and with an incline of her head she realized he probably did.
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 8:54 pm

Batman didn't expect Mame to actually dodge the fist, but he knew better to expect she was better than he thought. He was still in the motion of throwing his punch that not only would have broken her nose, but knock her out with slight brain damage and a concussion, several months to recover 100%. The motion of his punch still had energy that could have been misused, he used the momentum to jump, using one hand to grab his cape. Coming down, his goal was to knock her off her feet and step on her neck. He swung his cape at her, weighted tips at the end.

Last edited by Vandal on 3/24/2014, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/18/2011, 9:11 pm

With the flurry of motion heading towards her and the startling cry, Mame stepped back, both eyes widened (even her swollen one) as a heeled shoe slid across the slippery edge of the platform. The blonde yelped as a weighted tip of his cape smacked her across the shoulder, her hand flailed and reached out, grasping the inky blackness of the cape that had decended upon her, fingers tugging at it as her weight tumbled off the edge of the platform.

Tsk! Great! What had her teacher taught her about footing and watching her surroundings? Pah! She didn't have time nor the attention span to pay attention to the ground when a fist was flying at her face. But right now she was more concerned about being a victim to gravity, her gut leapt into her throat as she felt her fingers slip across the black wing like cape.
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 9:28 pm

Batman looked at Mame slipping and gripping onto his cape. Desperate to hold on, he grasped his cape and snatched it from her clutches, watching her fall from the platform.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/18/2011, 9:43 pm

A weak gasp was the psychopaths only acknowledgment of her situation, her one blue eye gazing up; now fully seeing, at the Dark Knight as she tumbled towards the hard cold ground. Her limbs twisted and her back curved as she turned to face the ground, there wasn't that much time for her to fall and she could only think one thing.

Oh sh*t

With a sickening crunch, Mame's right leg was the first to hit the ground, her tibia giving a definite gritty shift as the bones snapped and pushed passed each other, shooting out of the white sock on her leg. She toppled over from the force, grunting as she shot her arms out to protect her head from the fall, but little good that did as her radius in her left arm gave to the pressure and split, and the ulna and radius of her right crackled, causing her to slam face first into the snow covered ground.

For a long while the body didn't move, although the shivering wheeze of it was a sign that the girl was still alive, she did not seem conscious....For about a minute. Instead of a wail of pain or a scream a loud groan pushed its way out of the bleeding girls throat, even as her tongue gushed out thick blood from where her teeth had cut through the pink muscle. She vomited out the blood and jerked her torso to the side, her good eye clouded by pain as she tried to sit up using her hips and back, her arms uselessly bent in horrid angles at her sides.

Mame looked up to where the Dark Knight loomed on the platform edge, her body swaying as she jerkily sat up straight. She looked down at her leg and watched as shifting made the sharp edge of the bone jab in an out of the punctured skin. Ow. She looked to her arms, her left then her right and tried to move them at the elbow, it felt like someone had greased her bones with fat and sand, the grit was the only unpleasant thing she could say about it. Despite her impervious nature to pain her exhaustion from the blood loss had her gagging and panting hard for air.

And yet despite this, she began to slowly push herself upwards, a bloody smile etching her features even as she put weight on her shattered leg. There was no flash of white tooth in this smile, there was just too much blood to see it.

"...He....Eheh....Eheh....hah....heuhhuh"
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top