The Darkest of Knights

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 1/17/2011, 2:32 pm

"Alright, let's just agree that Slade is the cause of my death." Karmy said, leaning against Cassius. "And if there's any part of you in that big head of yours that still thinks otherwise, I'm going to kick it's ass, right Cass?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/17/2011, 4:02 pm

The word was....euphoric

Mame had jerked her head to the side, her reaction time not dulled by her own psychotic brain, but she had not missed the punch and the Dark Knights fist had grazed over her swollen scratched cheek. The angry red lines splitting from the force and bleeding, sending hot spikes of pain through the girls eye and into her brain. She didn't seem to mind.

But she did twist her body and send her heeled boot right up into the vigilantes solar plexis, the close combat was her specialty, and not just regular brawling, being intimately close, her legs weren't always long enough to reach the taller opponents and Batman had come right into her circle. She had jumped back them,swinging her leg back as her body curved into a backwards cartwheel to get some distance from the man, she wasn't sure the hit had taken and though the punch had been nice, she wasn't keen on him punching the skin off her face.

" NOT HIM STUPID BAT!"

She was cocked down into a stance, her brain pumping sweet hormones into her brain, a lazy grin spreading across her features as her powerful leg muscles twitched and tightened under her knee high socks. How could he be so ignorant? Hadn't he known the liar longer then she had? Then again Mame had realized a while ago that she sadly knew so little about her 'Father' before he betrayed her and sent the one eyed old man to spirit her away to who knows where.

" Slade! Don't be stupid Batman! He's the liar! You beat him right?!"

Despite her smug smile her eyes read a different story, and the frantic, almost frightened at the thought that the masked criminal could still be out and about, free to haunt her mind with what she wished she hadn't ran away from. It seemed Mame wasn't ready to stop talking yet, she needed to learn more before she was defeated and taken to Arkham.
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/17/2011, 4:33 pm

Batman's abs hurt, not from the kick that Mame dealt, but she no doubt hit a tender area that had been bruised in recent fights. He stepped back, she wasn't in a tense fighting stance, which signaled that she was cooperating only to get answers. If this was the end of this madness, Batman wouldn't deprive her of answers.

"I had to let Slade go, others were in danger. But I will find him and bring him to an end. We will finish what was sparked so long ago. You were his latest apprentice, weren't you? What did he do to you?"

Batman of course exchanging with Mame information, but if he was going to tell her anything, he'd like to know her side of the story too.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/17/2011, 9:13 pm

" What do you want to hear Batman? That he tortured me? Tricked me into serving him? Raped me? Beat me? Warpped my mind to do what I did?"

She paused for a moment as fond memories pooled at the back of her skull, before fleshing out into the various overworked pathways that sparked little electric volts of information into her comprehension. She frowned and wriggled her fingers in succession, her tongue darting out to swipe away some of the dribbling blood from her cheek.

" He took care of me....He needed my help in the beginning, and I took care of him and then he returned the favor once we got that machine and he was going to train me but then....I fell asleep and....And then he wasn't him anymore! He left me in the hands of some..some...Imposter! Some old man! I.....I do NOT like being deceived"

She snarled suddenly, eyes flashing with the deadly random madness that would grip her at will, her fists clenched and her entire body spasmed into a tight contstricted stance, her good eye, the one that wasn't nearly swollen shut, bore ito the Dark Knight with a seething sort of rage that was only magnified by the freakishly pale color of her eye.

" But but but.....I....I am not....Not NOT NOT NOT just some kid you sent away anymore! You and them...Slade....Slade....."

It was as if her brain was a skipping record, her tongue waggled against the name she spoke, stuck on it's texture as she thrashed her head back and forth.

" I killed all those people so you'd notice me...And you did.....But I don't think....I don't think I think.....You're the one that failed not me!"

It was as if she was arguing with someone else, even as she stomped her foot into the ground and shoved her fists up before her face to guard it from the eventual blows he would inflict on her. She wasn't seeing Batman, and then again she was seeing him, clear as day, all she ever wanted, wrapped up in a big dark cowl.
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 12:26 am

A twisted part of Dick wanted to beat the hell out of Mame if she stuttered one more time, or reminded him of his failures. Batman never fails. There's no room for failure. He, Dick Grayson, was the one that failed. The sane part of him was calm. The sane part was Batman, and Batman stepped forward. Sirens were could be heard from a distance. If his prediction were to come true, he would have to either reason with her to cuff her quickly, or struggle getting the cuffs on before the Cops showed up. He didn't need any stray bullets flying around the stage.

"Mame, whatever Slade did to you he can't touch you anymore. Don't blame anyone else for the lives you've taken. You need help, come over here quietly. Come here... Auguste. Come on. Let's just do this nice and easy. You'll end up in your cell either way, in better health or in a body cast. It's your choice."

Dick secretly hoped she chose the body cast. The snow began to pick up, wind began rushing past them faster. Faster. It was hard to distinguish of Mr. Freeze was hanging around them or not. Maybe the weather would get to the young murderer before Dick did. He secretly hoped it would so it would be easier to send her to Arkham in a body bag.

Last edited by Vandal on 3/24/2014, 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/18/2011, 5:20 pm

Mame's fright and anger bubbled into a twisted grin, one that sent more waves of ache through her swollen blood shot eye. His voice was the only window she had into his state of being, and he was NOT happy. Perfect, she wouldn't want it any other way.

" Did I say I blamed anyone else for what I did? Oh no no no......I did all of that....and I did it for me and no one else....You better get Slade Bats....You better tear into him until your fists turn his skull to dust...Or my skull, seeing as how you were so eager to break my jaw a moment ago"

She swept her leg around and lowered back, like a sadistic vipre ready to spring far beyond it's reach. Mame had won the first half of the battle but she knew Batman would win the war, and once again she found herself hoping he wasn't merciful. Because the more she let him break her, the more time he spent taking out that 'justice' of his on her, the more he had to acknowledge her, to keep all his focus on her, because then that meant she existed, Mame so liked existing.

" I think we're done talking....We wouldn't want me getting an itchy trigger finger and blowing up another establishment would we?"

Her voice seemed smug but her body did not display the tone as on hand reached back to pull out the used bomb trigger, in truth there were no more bombs, but Batman didn't know that, and her thumb was too close to the trigger for him to make a run at her without her pressing it. Her mind screamed at her to also be aware of the 'Boy Blunder' but then again the pressing of the button was only a twitch of her thumb away, no one could stop her if she chose to press it, and the tactic was just to get the Bats goat anyway. The consequence for her pressing the trigger again would be a anticlimactic impotent event, and give her some satisfaction in making the Dark Knights heart pump a bit faster.

" So let's how many of my bones you can break before you get those cuffs on me"
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 6:25 pm

Batman was shocked. How many bombs did GG say made for her? How many bombs went off? There really wasn't any time for this. His shocked stance calmed down after a tense second.

"I can cripple you from here."

Batman's stance suddenly snapped to a position as of he was about to toss something at Mame. The action was quick, she didn't realize three small batarangs had been lodged into Mame's arm that had been holding the detonator. There, he knew it was time to open up the whoop-ass.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/18/2011, 6:44 pm

The blonde let out a yelp of surprise but didn't drop the detonator, she merely tugged her arm back towards her body and stared at the projectiles lodged firmly into her forearm.

" Huh"

Mame took a few steps back, tugging the batarangs out of her flesh, rather uncomfortable but nothing she hadn't dealt with before. The youth turned her bemused gaze to the Dark Knight and then looked back at the detonator, wow that had been unexpected, how had she forgotten about those damn things? God she had just fallen prey to the cliche Gotham Rogue behavior, forgetting about the damn tools! Yay! That must mean she was an actuall Rogue now!

The blond began to laugh as she tossed the trigger towards the vigilante, her head lolling to the side as she just beamed at the stereotypical Batman behavior. In a flash Mame was rushing the masked man, eyes all ablaze as sweet emotion pooled in her gut, she had missed being able to talk to people, not exactly eager to cut off their conversation with violence but she knew she was walking on egg shells with his patience.

Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 7:33 pm

Batman wasn't about take a beating from a little girl half his age, half his size, and half as experienced as him, so why was he letting this chick let him wail on him? She was crazy, her kicks were everywhere, yet she managed to stay unpredictable and effective. He needed to go on the offensive side, taking direct hits was embarrassing enough, yet sue was wailing on him! He thrusted his fist in her general direction, just keeping her away, was good enough. If je broke a rib in the process that was a plus. He popped a flash to momentarily stun Mame while he tried to crack open her nose.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/18/2011, 7:43 pm

The stun had worked, her visible pupil constricted as she stumbled back, his fist had contacted with her ribs and managing to crack at least one of them, it wasn't broken but it was certainly enough to cause her to vomit out saliva tinted with blood. Luckily for the girl she instinctively rolled from him and avoided the fist to her face, her bleeding arm clutching her gut as she retched and squeezed her eyes shut.

Her lithe frame was on both knees, one foot dangling off the edge of the elevated platform as she tried to shake off the blinding effects of the flash bang whosit. She had felt good for a moment there, actually managing to land decent blows on the Dark Knight, in all honesty she didn't think she'd even get that far, and some part of her ego whispered that her antics had rattled him enough to give her a shot at his armored torso.

She still smiled, staggering to her feet as her none swollen eye squinted at the big blurry shape before her, her hands came up to protect her face again, her leg muscles tensing as she waited for him to charge again. She wasn't going to take intiative and rush him this time, he was going to come back to her little circle and get another kick straight to the head, or groin, whichever she reached first...Probably the groin....Briefly she wondered if he wore a cup and with an incline of her head she realized he probably did.
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 8:54 pm

Batman didn't expect Mame to actually dodge the fist, but he knew better to expect she was better than he thought. He was still in the motion of throwing his punch that not only would have broken her nose, but knock her out with slight brain damage and a concussion, several months to recover 100%. The motion of his punch still had energy that could have been misused, he used the momentum to jump, using one hand to grab his cape. Coming down, his goal was to knock her off her feet and step on her neck. He swung his cape at her, weighted tips at the end.

Last edited by Vandal on 3/24/2014, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/18/2011, 9:11 pm

With the flurry of motion heading towards her and the startling cry, Mame stepped back, both eyes widened (even her swollen one) as a heeled shoe slid across the slippery edge of the platform. The blonde yelped as a weighted tip of his cape smacked her across the shoulder, her hand flailed and reached out, grasping the inky blackness of the cape that had decended upon her, fingers tugging at it as her weight tumbled off the edge of the platform.

Tsk! Great! What had her teacher taught her about footing and watching her surroundings? Pah! She didn't have time nor the attention span to pay attention to the ground when a fist was flying at her face. But right now she was more concerned about being a victim to gravity, her gut leapt into her throat as she felt her fingers slip across the black wing like cape.
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 9:28 pm

Batman looked at Mame slipping and gripping onto his cape. Desperate to hold on, he grasped his cape and snatched it from her clutches, watching her fall from the platform.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/18/2011, 9:43 pm

A weak gasp was the psychopaths only acknowledgment of her situation, her one blue eye gazing up; now fully seeing, at the Dark Knight as she tumbled towards the hard cold ground. Her limbs twisted and her back curved as she turned to face the ground, there wasn't that much time for her to fall and she could only think one thing.

Oh sh*t

With a sickening crunch, Mame's right leg was the first to hit the ground, her tibia giving a definite gritty shift as the bones snapped and pushed passed each other, shooting out of the white sock on her leg. She toppled over from the force, grunting as she shot her arms out to protect her head from the fall, but little good that did as her radius in her left arm gave to the pressure and split, and the ulna and radius of her right crackled, causing her to slam face first into the snow covered ground.

For a long while the body didn't move, although the shivering wheeze of it was a sign that the girl was still alive, she did not seem conscious....For about a minute. Instead of a wail of pain or a scream a loud groan pushed its way out of the bleeding girls throat, even as her tongue gushed out thick blood from where her teeth had cut through the pink muscle. She vomited out the blood and jerked her torso to the side, her good eye clouded by pain as she tried to sit up using her hips and back, her arms uselessly bent in horrid angles at her sides.

Mame looked up to where the Dark Knight loomed on the platform edge, her body swaying as she jerkily sat up straight. She looked down at her leg and watched as shifting made the sharp edge of the bone jab in an out of the punctured skin. Ow. She looked to her arms, her left then her right and tried to move them at the elbow, it felt like someone had greased her bones with fat and sand, the grit was the only unpleasant thing she could say about it. Despite her impervious nature to pain her exhaustion from the blood loss had her gagging and panting hard for air.

And yet despite this, she began to slowly push herself upwards, a bloody smile etching her features even as she put weight on her shattered leg. There was no flash of white tooth in this smile, there was just too much blood to see it.

"...He....Eheh....Eheh....hah....heuhhuh"
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 10:07 pm

Batman's eyes narrowed as Mame stood up, obviously being flung off her cape like a cartoon mouse threw her off balance, and no she didn't get up perfectly fine like a cartoon mouse, she vomits blood all over the floor and breaks more bones than Batman had anticipated. He jumped down to her level, upon landing the snow burst up and left a "crater" surrounding The Caped Crusader. "Give up Mame, the police are almost here." Batman warned, not wanting to hurt her any further. But if she was going to be obstinate to the end, Batman would have no choice. Despite the long posts, the fight only lasted for several seconds, but it sufficed.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 1/18/2011, 10:54 pm

Mame staggered towards the vigilante, her smile ever present as she took a step forward, slow, uneven, and pained. Her brain was starting to blurr out, her eye unfocused despite it's unshaken glare at her opponent. Her chest gave a great heave as she tumbled forward, pain overwhelmed her sense and she had to bite her lip to keep from moaning.

The bloody youth collapsed at his feet, one shaky hand moving to rest on his shin as she tried to get up enough pressure to pull herself up him. Her voice when it was used, was hoarse and muffled by blood, she coughed some out onto his boots and eventually just leaned her whole body against his leg, her good eye half lidded as the black out overcame her.

"Best.Date.Ever"

She slumped against him as her body couldn't take the abuse her brain was so enjoying, a weak smile stuck on her features, her breathing though haggard was steady, in and out, in and out. This whole event, all of it that had happened before led up to it, although nothing had been planned til the end. Mame was broken, bleeding and happy to be so, pressed against the cool hard boots of THE Batman. Her goals achieved though they weren't as ambitious as others, she was content to go back home, she wanted to go back home.

Yeah....Home sounded nice.....
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/18/2011, 11:46 pm

Gotham City sirens filled the night's air, red and blue lights flashing, Batman only looking down at the broken teen in pity. She could have permanent damage for all he knew. Whatever the case, she deserved it. Police cars filled the scene, officers jumping out with their handguns trained on both of the masks, they shined bright lights at them, LED's. They screamed orders at them. All yelling. Batman heard none of them. The Commissioner told them to stop as he arrived at the scene, Batman knelt down and wrapped his arms around her, he steadily and carefully began to pick Mame up. He was gentle with her. Careful.

"So Batman... That's her?"
"Yes Commissioner. She's the one who murdered everyone in the Metropolis Bus, and she's responsible for the explosions downtown this afternoon."
"You sure she'll confess?"
"Confess? She'll be boasting about it."
"If you say so. Put her in the Ambulance over there."

Batman nodded and placed her in the armored truck that had it's doors wide open. Batman eyed Mame's mangled body for the last time, before doctors began working on her to keep her alive. That reminded him of his young ward and looked up to where Robin was last spotted taking care of the airport security guard, Mame had nearly beat to death. She was still there. The Commissioner looked up to where Batman was looking at. "What do you see up there?" He asked, not seeing Robin duck out.

"Nothing Commissioner, though you should check the platform where Mame was spotted. She used a crowbar on several security guards the top of the platform."
"I guess you saw what she did up there huh? Hey Bard! Go get someone to check the platform off!" The Commissioner called out to the men.

"You know, it's cases like these that really-..." The Commissioner looked around. And in old Batman fashion, he vanished. "Goddammit, does he really have to do that?"

Last edited by Vandal on 12/3/2012, 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/19/2011, 11:44 am

The Batmobile had taken off behind an alley when the Duo first arrived at the seen, now, Batman soon joined Robin, took off his mask, and tossed it in the back seat. He took a huge sigh and looked over to The Girl Wonder, still lost of breath, and lost with words. He didn't know what to say, he thought of cracking a retirement joke or something to help forget what happened back at the airport. Yet if they were going to continue their work as vigilantes, they had to remember, they had to fight the good fight.

"Batman and Robin. Forever. Right?"

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 on 1/19/2011, 7:41 pm

It has come to me that i haven't posted in this rp for quite some time and that this rp is probably finishing tonight. i will make my post in the appropriate areas from now on and i promise that i will not jump with my posts anymore.

Crimson awoke from probably what he though as the best sleep he had ever got in years. He gave a big stretch, wincing a small bit from his cut and sat upright on his bed. Hearing his stomach grumble, he reached into his coat that was hanging on the end of the bed, pulled out a granola bar and took a large bite.

"Where did everyone go?" Crimson said to himself as he finished his snack and stowed the wrapper in his pocket. Being tired of having to sit in a bed all day, he stood up slowly, grabbed his jacket and walked out the room he was in...just to stroll around.

~Garry Jones
Corvus31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/19/2011, 7:46 pm

Still, beating what looked like an innocent looking girl wracked his brain. Dick kept his eyes on the road and took a right down into a tunnel the lead to their secret path, that lead straight to the Batcave.

"No matter what. Through thick and thin, the hardships that face us down the road. You know what challenges it meant when you took that oath in the Batcave, you knew the risks taking the mantle meant right? If for whatever reason I'm incapacitated and Mame breaks out, you know what you have to do, right?" Dick asked, almost yelling, he needed assurance from his partner. From his daughter.

He looked over to Nicole. Only for a second. Just to see her expression.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 on 1/19/2011, 8:13 pm

After just a couple steps outside the room, Crimson leaned against the wall and started thinking about.....what it meant to be a hero. A hero isn't defined by their costume, their powers or even what they fight for. Its the person inside the suit that counts. And so as Crimson resumed his walk and in thoughts he concluded by walking into the center of the batcave and stared at the ceiling. what would the future bring? what will happen to everyone now? will everyone stay the same and continue fighting for good, justice and to keep this city free of crime?

"I AM a hero. and damn proud to be one!" he said as he went off to join the other heroes who were resting and presumably thinking about the next Generation of heroes.

Last edited by Corvus31 on 1/19/2011, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

~Garry Jones
Corvus31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 1/19/2011, 9:10 pm

Cassius gave a slight smile. "Give 'em hell." He said to her comment. If anyone could get Sarah to snap out of it, Karmy could. Heh, if anyone told him two years ago that he'd have a family like the one he had now, he would've pointed them the way to the nearest padded room. But now he had family and friends around him, save for his old partner Ghost. But Ghost was a big boy, he was no doubt quite succesful with that job overseas he took.

Cyrah gave a sigh, releif slightly tanged in it. "I can never win an argument with you, huh?" She asked jokingly.

Zero gave a light chuckle. "Yeah, we're an unusual batch, huh?" He asked jokingly. "But you know...." He looked at his best friend. "We're pretty good for a buncha' unusual guys 'n gals." He said to her, thinking. His earlier question still lingered in his mind; what was going to happen now? they couldn't go on like this forever- some of them were going to be starting families soon, or had the idea in ther minds. What was the future going to be like? Where were they going to be in five years? Ten years? Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen years? Oh well. He supposed they'd just have to wait

And see what the next generation would bring.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 1/19/2011, 9:49 pm

Ivy slunk an arm around Zero's neck, bleary eyed from having just awaking but smiling nonetheless at her two friends. "I have no idea what the hell has happened over the last few days," She declared lightly, but with a hint of moroseness, "But, whatever it was, whatever it is..." She glanced at her engagement ring and her grin broadened. She still had her life ahead of her. They all did. The future, as far as she saw, would be a bright one.

"We can and we will get through it, together. I can just feel it. Heroes today, heroes tomorrow."

Her hazel eyes flicked over the two expectantly, "Not a word on how corny that was; I'm still a little sleepy. Now...what did happen?"

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 1/19/2011, 11:33 pm

“Not while I’m still me, you won’t.” Karmy winked and then pulled her sister and her father in to the tightest hug she could muster. “I’ll meet you guy’s at the Batcave, bunker, box… whatever we’ve been calling it this month. Need to get back to my room before Dr. Thompkin’s finds out I’m wandering around again.” She smiled that same ol’ goofy grin before heading back to the room.

Climbing the stairs back to the room, Karmy was halfway up the hospital when she facepalmed, just then remembering that she could just easily portal up. With her good hand, she snapped her fingers and plopped landed quietly back in room A113. It was dark again and this time she didn’t see Barbara, but she could here hers and Dr. Thompkin’s voice’s muffled right outside the door. Keeping quiet, Karmy tip-toed over to her bed next to Alice’s and sat down, looking over at her slumbering best friend.

Without really thinking, Karmy started to speak. “Hey Al.” she greeted, not knowing if her words fell on deaf ears or not. “I can’t even begin to imagine what you’re going through right now. I mean, I’ve been hurt a lot in my years. I mean a lot!” she laughed quietly then fell silent for a few moments. “I don’t want to lose you, Al. But something tells me you’re just spiraling down… Far.”

Karmy breathed out a shuddered sigh. “I don’t know if you can hear me right now, but I just want to know that I’ll always stick by you. If you fall back down, I’m gonna help me back up again. If you fall back down, I’m gonna be your friend." She repeated Alice’s song in a hushed tone “I’ve saved you once, Alice.” She was not only talking to Alice now, but to herself. “I’ll save you again.”

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 1/19/2011, 11:38 pm

11/20/31
9:00 pm
Snow 20º F

Alice's eyes opened up, not that Karmy could see the glisten of them looking at the silhouette of Karmy. They looked down and she shuffled the piece of heart she held firmly in her grasp.

"Thank you Karmy."

Dick smiled at Nicole, he trained his eyes back on the road. "No matter what. Batman and Robin will never die." He pressed his foot hard on the gas and sped quickly to the Batcave. The Heroes, Iconic, Symbols, a beacon in a dark world, carry the torch for a brighter tomorrow. Standing for those who can't stand for themselves. Taking on the weight of the world upon their shoulders. Heroes. The Darkest of Knights.

11/27/31
5:00 pm
Snowing lightly 10º F
Thanksgiving

Dick stood over his father's grave, in loving memory, his hands stuffed in his pockets. They were warm and contrasted his bitter cold face. Icy wind continued to slap his frame in a brutal fashion, yet starring down at the engraved text, the cold didn't bother him. Dick took a deep breath, exhaled, he was trying to find the right words to say. "Hey Bruce," he started "how have you been?" Dick almost expected an answer as he waited for the next rush of wind to end. "I came here to tell you some big news. I know you're excited to hear about it." He smiled at himself keeping his hands firm in his pockets. He took another deep breath trying not to make himself feel like he was bragging. "I saved the world. As cheesy as that sounds. I couldn't have done it without my friends, I couldn't have done it... Without you." He paused for a moment thought about his childhood with Bruce. "I started a company. Everyone already knows that I'm The Batman. I took the idea of Batman and I founded a company. Batman Incorporated. We have trainees from all over the world come in, its really exciting. We already have two other Batmen running around in Gotham. It only happened because my identity got loose, people knew who I was, villains knew my loved ones, where I live, everything. I just... I hope that you're proud of me. There's no one on earth now that knows you more than I do now. Maybe Babs does but... I don't know." Dick stopped for a moment to think about what to say. The mention of Barbara made him want to talk about his day.

"I got married today." Dick said pulling out his hands from his pocket to show his wedding ring. "Barbara Gordon is now my wife. Well, Barbara Grayson now." He looked around, behind him, even above him; just to make sure no one was watching. "We have a baby girl on the way. Babs convinced me to name her Alice. I've told you about Alice before.. Alice Mau? Of course you remember her..." Dick knelt down on both knees, his head lowered. "I'm going to be an actual father." He said in disbelief. Sure he considered Nicole his daughter, but this set an excitement deep inside him. A whole new love was overwhelming him. "Bruce... For every problem I've caused you, for every gray hair I've given you: I'm sorry. I just want you to be proud of me. Alice.... She got crippled by the Joker. I couldn't save her. I came a second too late. I mean she got out of the hospital just yesterday." He confessed. "I know she forgives me but I can't forgive myself." He stood up. "I'll come back." Dick promised. "I've got a family that's waiting for me." He said looking at the tombstone a little while longer, then finally, turning around and walking back to Wayne Manor. His father's house.

Dick sat before his family, everyone held hands around the table, their heads bowed, eyes closed. "Dear Lord, thank you for the many blessings you've given us. Thank you for the family you've given me. Thank you for the opportunities I've had to spend the time I have with them. The friends we've met. The encounters we've faced. Be in front of us, lead us. Behind us, to push us forward when we need the encouragement. Under us, to support us up when we're falling. Above us, to guide us when we're lost. Thank you for every trial that had made us stronger. Let there be many more to come, and when they do, bless the hands that support us in our endeavors. Amen."

12/25/31
11:00am
Snow 20º F
Christmas

"What's this about a road trip..?" Damian asked wrapping an arm around Nicole. "I'm not entirely sure. Why don't you ask Alice? I'm busy, I think she's going." Dick replied writing down several lines for future engagements. "Eh, even if there was I don't think I want to go." Damian sneered, bringing Nicole closer to him. "It's cold as balls out there."

01/01/32
12:00 pm
Snowing 25º F
At a Funeral Service

"Two months ago." Barbara started, standing on a podium. They had planned this day all December, when things began to slow down for a change. She was giving a eulogy for her father. "A man died, and though life will continue without him, he will always be remembered by many different people by different aspects of his life. A husband, a co-worker, a faithful commissioner, a loyal partner, a father, and a friend." Barbara tapped on the tip of the podium with her thumb and pinkie. She had practiced the speech though she memorized it by heart, she thought all the parts Dick came up with were super cheesy, but it still had an impact on her while she was actually on the spot.

"Like everyone here, he was always there when I needed him the most, he was understanding and compassionate, yet he knew what the role of a father was knew the meaning of what his job held. He was masculine in the sense of what he knew what he had to do. He was the reason why the Citizens of Gotham often look up in the night skies and have hope." She paused and looked down at her feet for a moment. "He was there when I needed him most." She repeated. "Though he's not my biological father, he still treated me like his biological daughter. When I had been crippled, he was always at my side. He wasn't scared of getting looks when we were at a ball and he'd ask me to dance with him, me being in a wheelchair and all. He was there for Bruce when Batman needed him." Barbara went off script, but felt it was needed. She missed Bruce as much as she did her father, but she didn't feel the need to mention him anymore. She wanted to, but this wasn't Bruce's funeral. Barbara looked back at the flowers and the large framed photograph of her father.

"We love you dad."

01/01/18
01:55 am
Snowing 30ºF
The Past!

The Snow crunching under his feet, he made his way to a bar, pushing the door open only to hear a group of carolers singing a drunk lullaby. The Bartender winked at the tall man with the beige overcoat, who nodded back to him as he found a seat.

"Sorry fella's closing time." The bartender said shooing away the group of drunks.
"But we wanna sing.." One of the drunks slurred at him.
"So start practicing for Saint Patty's Day!" The Bartender shouted pushing them all out.
"Hey!" They shouted back in protest.

The bartender whipped out two mugs and placed them at opposite sides of the table. "Happy New year Commish. I heard your buddy had a rough night." He said pouring out some coffee for Commissioner Gordon. "I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't show this time.

"And break our tradition?" Gordon asked in astonishment, "In fact, unless i miss my guess-..." The back door of the bar clicked open. "That's him now." Gordon smiled at Joe, the Bartender. Emerging from the shadows, Batman stepped into the bar nodding to Joe, then Gordon before taking his seat in the booth. He sat opposite from James. "How's that arm?" Gordon asked while Joe poured piping hot coffee for Batman. "Better than the Joker's." Batman replied raising his hand to signal to the Bartender to stop pouring. "Close one this time." James smiled. "They're all close ones." Batman replied with the usual stone cold face.

"Well, here's to survival!" The Commissioner smiled broadly as he toasted mugs with The Dark Knight and drank whole heartily. "Hopefully we'll be doing this next Year's Eve." Gordon commented.
"Hopefully." Batman replied with an almost cheerful manner.

After they had finished their drinks, Gordon turned around to Joe, "And now Joe, if I could get one of your famous cheese steaks to go, I'll be ready to call it a night. Anything for y-" When he turned back to face Batman, the change for their coffees and one cheese steak was on the table. Gordon smirked. "One of these days I'll beat him to the check." He said to himself.

Walking out, Commissioner looked up into Gotham's cool night sky, looking for a glimpse of The Caped Crusader. Looking up. In hope.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top