The Darkest of Knights

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/26/2010, 6:59 pm

"Yeah, I saw her on the battlefield. Thought if I ever got into a fight with her, she'd kill me. I've seen both you and her with y'alls mask.. She looks like you." Karmy stated. "Even, *a-hem* you're.. Eye.. features." she chose her words carefully, as not to provoke the man into a fight. All became quiet once again and Karmy waited to see if Slade would say something, but, after a nerve wracking minute, she spoke up. "She was a good hero, a good person. I'm sorry that she died."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/27/2010, 2:00 pm

"Yeah. What would you expect?" Damian asked trying to keep his rough persona. "Crime is in so mug trouble." Damian said looking in a mirror, admiring his bat symbol.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/27/2010, 2:41 pm

"it is what it is, moi droog." Damian muttered flicking some dried blood from the back of his ear away.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 2:02 am

"We wait." Damian sighed, looking back at the cases filled with a vast array of batsuits. "What do you want to do when you grow up?" He inquired.

Alice's chin was resting on her forearms, one over the other. Barbara's eyes were watering. "Its been two years since we first met." She started. Alice was silent. "I mean, we've been through a lot, you knew me back when I was in a wheel chair." The Ghost White Statue looked at Barbara's way. "Irony gets the best of us I suppose." Alice coldly uttered. "Can I get your chair?" She seemed to joke with dark humor clouding her words. Barbara looked down in embarrassment, she must have turned a dark shade of red, complimenting her hair.

"I just-.." Barbara started before a nurse in white barged in yelling at Barbara, then at Alice, saying she needed her sleep. Telling her to shut up if she wanted to stay in the room. Barbara appologized and sat down in silence. Saved by the bell? Hardly, but at least she prevented making her look more like an idiot. Alice's eyes were sharp. Looking dead ahead. Yet, drifting off slowly. Barbara watched Alice as she fell asleep, probably for good this time. Morphine would help her rest the "rest of heroes" as Alfie put it.

Alice sat in a large comfy red velvet chair. A fireplace, a book where it was supposed to be--in her hands. The perfect day. What could possibly go wrong?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 3:00 am

The room suddenly started to quake, everything jumped and rattled about. To anyone not from the far west, it would have appeared to be an earthquake. The red hot logs in the fireplace tumbled about until they flickered away, the room now pitch black. Suddenly, a loud crash shook the room and the wall gave way to the left of Alice and through the dust and debris, a massive shape towered over her. Blinding light filled the room, dust particles spreading the light all across the train's engine and cargo cars. Karmy leaned out from the conductors cabin, a typical railroad hat sat lopsided on her head. "You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter.."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 3:13 am

"Because we'll be together." Alice said disregarding the strangeness of the dream. "Take me far away." Alice said getting up and handing a gun to Karmy, "And kill me."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 3:31 am

"Nah..." Karmy took the gun in her hands and turned it over a few times, weighed it in each hand and checked how many bullets were in the clip. Then, with a shrug, she nuzzled the barrel of the gun against her temple and pulled the trigger. Blood sprayed all over the cabin, her limp body fell out of the and into a portal from which, another Karmy appeared. She looked the same, but appeared to have aged backwards 2 years and had grown 5 inches. "So, where to, Mercy?" she started up the train and they were off.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 10:32 am

"Don't call me that." Alice muttered looking about and getting on the train. Karmy didnt look any different in Alice's eyes, Karmy was and always will be Karmy. No matter how short or tall she was.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 10:45 am

"Thats what I called you 2years ago so...I'll call ya whatever I want." She grinned. "After all, you did wish you should have let me done whatever I wanted when I died, eh?" seeing as this was Alices dream, this Karmy knew Alices thoughts, unlike the real Karmy of course. As the train gained speed, Alice realized that they were heading for a cliff over lookig a vast ocean. The wind rushed by and Karmy blew the horn of the train. "Ya ready, Merc?!" she yelled over the whistling wind. Before she could answer, the train roared off the cliff side and they were in freefall.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 11:06 am

Alice didn't even want to hold on tight. If she died she knew it was merely a dream. She focused on the strangeness right now and looked over to her so called best friend. "You're not Karmy." she said to her.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 11:24 am

The train plunged into the ocean and floated down onto an undersea railroad where it simply just started moving again. "Of course I'm not, silly." she spun around in her chair and looked up at Alice. "I'm a figment of your imagination, a dream version of the real Karmy." she pulled pulled out a pack of cigarettes from her pocket and stuck it in her mouth. "Well, not all like the real Karmy." she shrugged and lit the cig. "Oh look! It's Dory and Marlin!" she looked outside the cabin windows as she took a long drag.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 11:29 am

Alice shot both Dory and Marlin underwater because physics in the dream world didn't make any sense. "So what's the point of this Not-Karmy?" Alice asked crossing her arms.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 11:50 am

(Noooooooooooo!!!)

"Wow haha that was cold, Merc." Karmy laughed, watching the dead bodies of the cartoon characters go belly up. "Killing the innocent again, I see?" it was more of a statement then a question. The train continued on, going deeper and deeper into the dark abyss. The lamps blinked on in the cabin, an orange glow kept the two out of the dark. Karmy finished the cigarette and tossed it out the open window. "I don't know, you're supposed to figure that out for yourself." she shrugged, lighting another smoke.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 11:53 am

"Cryptic. Im sure." Alice nodded. "Plus they're not real. Why can't I sit in my dream room and read my dream book and sit by my dream-..." Alice stopped and looked at what she was doing. She seemed to snap into a wheelchair. "Oh. Right."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 12/28/2010, 12:44 pm

Slade's shoulders visibly slumped. "Child, beleive me, you aren't as sorry as I am." Slade said, his voice carrying a rare lack of bloodlust, or any form of agression for that matter. He noticed somehting ashen on the ground, and walke dover to investigate it. "I remember once, when I accused the titans of being sentimental fools." Slade stooped over and picked up the ashen peice- no doubt discarded from the explosion that killed Rose. "But now I realize I was the fool, being led on a chain by his own anger." Sllade brushed the dirt off the steel- one of Rose's swords.

Slade examined the sword, like a curious trinket. "I was so blinded by trying to get vengance on everyone that made a fool of me, like a child throwing a temper tantrum." Slade turned to Karmy. "And because of that blindless, I didn't see it- I should have seen the Joker's betrayal from miles away, but I was too shortsighted to see past myself." Slade took a cautious step towards her, and pulled out his guns- and flopped them and all of his other weapons in a heap at her feet, save for Rose's sword. "That should be about everything I borrowed I from you." Slade said, of course referencing that most of the weapons were taken right out of Karmy's Bag. "I won't be needing those- not anymore." Slade said.

Slade still had family, he had learned his lesson by now. For a moment, his thoughts drifted to Mame, but Psycho's intuition told him she was doing juts dandy without him. "Now get out of this Cold, child, you still look like sh*t." Slade said to Karmy, Taking a step intot he shadows of the building and vanishing for one final time....

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 1:02 pm

Karmy stared down at the weapons, watching the snow slowly start to bury them underneath its cold blanket. She kneeled down and quietly disassembled the guns, placing them back in her bag. The rest of the weapons she re-sheathed, folded or made them so that they could be stored away safely. Now that the all the items were tucked away nice and neat, Karmy pulled one last item out of her bag. A cell phone. Her body was too weak to move and her powers had been drained empty, not to mention her hand was busted up. She could not get to safety on her own. Collapsing to the ground, she dialed with quivering fingers and placed the call. "Dick?"

"Hey, I'm not the one in control here." Karmy exhaled, smoke billowing out from her nostrils. "But seeing how this is a drug induced slumber, neither are you." she reached over the the broken glass shards from the window, picked one up and slit her wrists. "Now, I wanna hear the reason why you think I just did that before I die." she sat completely still as all her blood began to pool on the floor. "Whup, too late." and she was dead. Another portal took the body away and a much smaller figure crawled out of this one. "Hai Alithe!" little Karmy smiled.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 1:14 pm

Dick, waiting in line at a cheap Chinese restaurant in disguise, picked up his cell phone which displayed an unknown number. He was about to ignore it but he figured if someone knew his personal cell, Babs or Alice must have given it to them. "Hello?" he asked not exactly wanting to give away he was there, being somewhat of a celebrity after the trial. He just wanted to wait in line like any other civilian. He didn't want this special treatment bull crap.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 1:32 pm

Karmy curled herself up into a ball, pulling Zero's cloak, now soaked from the cold wet snow, closer. "Dick, I can't move.." she shivered. "It's Karmy, I'm in an alleyway behind an apartment complex on 5th and Mocking Lane." she laid the phone against her ear and wrapped her arms around her tummy. "Can you please pick me up.. It's cold. Really.. cold.."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 1:46 pm

"Oh god, Karmy! What the he'll are you doing there?" Dick asked walking out of the incredibly large line, striding out of the restaurant and walking over to his car. "I thought you were in the Batcave with everyone else.." he said in a lower tone as he got into his car.

Alice saw something down in the deepness of the waters. She saw Rose emerge, her hair flowing with the water's turns and twists. "Remember your promise." she whispered. Alice's breath slowed. "Take care of my boy." she said. "But... My legs."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 1:54 pm

"I had to do something..." Karmy said, her lips trembling as her breath came out in fogs. "Tell you when you get here.. Where's Alice?" she asked, concern laced in her words. "Is she ok?"

"Even though your legth are utheleth, Alithe, doethn't mean you can't do nuthin'." Little Karmy said, sitting cross legged in the drivers chair. "You aren't helpleth."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 2:20 pm

Dick drove down the streets of Gotham at extreme speeds. "She's fine. She's ... Okay she's not fine. She's in the hospital with Babs at the moment. We're going to be there go there after I pick you up and something to eat. You feeling for chinese?"

Alice looked sentimentally at Karmy. "Best friend." she said at Karmy as they emerged from the water. "I think this psychedelic joy ride is over. Bye fake Karmy." she waved at her.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 2:38 pm

"Anything warm.." Karmy said sickly. "Wait she's at the hospital?" she asked, after all, she was still deathly afraid of hospitals, definitely after the whole Poison Ivy event from a few weeks ago.

Little Karmy spun around in her chair and when she was facing Alice again, Dory and Marlins floated happily in the palms of her hands, alive and well. "Betht friendth forever, Alithe."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 2:47 pm

Dick swung in front of Karmy with his car. Not recognizing Karmy. At first, he realized she was walking around in the cold with Zero's cloak. He opened the passenger's door and said "Yes the hospital. Get in, it looks like you can stay there for a while too." The heaters were on and Karmy felt its warmth as she stepped in and closed the door. "Shattered spine, several broken ribs, internal bleeding, bruises everywhere. We weren't able to save her legs. They say she won't walk for the rest of her life." Dick informed Karmy as he drove over to any food joint he could find.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 3:00 pm

Karmy took off Zero's cape, folded it and shoved it in her bag, deciding that she would give it back to him after it had dried and she had washed it. She rubbed her bare arms in attempt to dissipate the blue tinge and get the blood flowing. "So.. She's paralyzed. Gonna be in a wheel chair from now on?" she sat quietly in deep thought. "But she's alive."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 3:29 pm

"By the looks of it." Dick affirmed, pulled up to the drive-thru and ordered food enough to feed all the heroes, and more, also paying close attention to order something vegan for Karmy. "She's in a lot of pain. Then again, she works through pain." He said letting out a depressive sigh, picking the food and tossing most of it in the back for later. How long was it since any of them had any food to eat? One day? Two? More? Who knows.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top