The Darkest of Knights

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/24/2010, 9:59 pm

"Yeah, got the Jokers madhouse of fun to thank for that.." Karmy stuttered, not moving from her position. "Tell me about Rose." she said after a few minutes of silence.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/25/2010, 5:09 pm

11/20/31
06:50 am
30 degrees. Snow.

Dick and Barbara transported Alice to a van with her stomach down on a stretcher, while Wintergreen started it. Dick and Barbara got into the back and held each other's hands as they drove to the hospital. "Wintergreen, step on it. We don't have a lot of time." Dick pressured. "Time never is on our side, Master Richard." Wintergreen sighed going 15 past the speed limit. "Dick, she'll be fine. Don't worry so much." Barbara appealed. "I know. I just don't want the media on our case." In this condition, Alice would most likely be out for a week. Barbara remembered she wasn't able to leave the hospital for rehabilitation. Seven days. The world could change in seven days.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 12/25/2010, 10:15 pm

Slade stopped for a second, obviously in thought about the topic at hand. "What do you mean, tell you about her? Her life's story?Why do you care to know, anyways?" Slade said in his usual disdainful manor, his mood clearly not improved by the daughter he had indirectly just blasted to hell being the topic of choice.

Zero, after frantically making sure Ivy, Lu, John and the rest of his family was in managable condition, decided he'd better not waste any more time in getting them all the hell out of here- the last thing they needed were the cops and media on their asses. He figured he'd go back for Karmy, but right now he needed to get everyone else out. With a flash of red light, Everyone was warped back to the Apartment the Riders had been calling home. He decided to not intrude on Grayson- he'd certaintly have a lot on his plate right about now....

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/26/2010, 2:29 am

Snow was starting to collect on Karmy's hunched shoulders, flurries speckled her locks and her skin was tinged a light blue. She was suffering greatly but she knew that she had to do this. "I care because she was a friend of mine, and now she's gone." her breath came out in fog as she spoke. "I'm talking to you, the man who killed me and sent me to the fiery pits of hell, because you are her father." she gave a heavy sigh. "What was she like? Why didn't she follow you in your footsteps and become a villain instead of a hero? All that bullsh*t..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/26/2010, 12:06 pm

( Are Nicole and Damian still at the Batcave?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/26/2010, 12:45 pm

(Should be. Yeah. )

Alice wasn't only pale now, she was ghost white. "Hey Babs, give me a hand here." Dick requested as he pulled Alice's stretcher out of the van when they had arrived at Gotham General: Crisis, Barbara nodded and helped him out. "I'll be waiting for you here Master Richard." Wintergreen informed. "Thanks Wint, be right back." Dick replied getting out with Alice. Leslie Thompkins was waiting outside for them, she was getting too old for this, but still she was the only one Dick really trusted. They had talked before they left and she said she would treat their friend.

Alice's eyes peeled open. Completely white, it blinded her, closing her eyes again; there was so much pain in her back, surprisingly nothing below her waist. She could feel a numbness in her legs but couldn't move them. "Are you alright honey?" An unfamiliar voice asked her, Alice opened her eyes again. "What... No. A shovel..." And after that she was out like a light, again.

Consciousness again, she slowly opened her eyes. "How are you feeling?" Barbara asked. "Like a million bucks." Alice slurred. "How long was I out?" She asked wincing now, "And where's Dick?"
"Dick said he's going to be back, he's getting chinese take out. And you must have been out for an hour or two. You need rest. Go back to sleep."
"I'm fine.. I'm up."
"I don't think you'll be up for a while Alice.."
"What? What do you mean?"
"Your back."
"What happened..?"
"We weren't able to save your legs."
"My... Legs." Alice said trying to look back. They were only able to stop the bleeding and sew up the wound. Not that she could see it.
"Crippled?"
"I'm sorry Alice."
"It all happened so fast..."
"Yeah, I know.. I'm sorry."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/26/2010, 1:48 pm

(Alright.)
Nicole gingerly slipped off her mask, "Do you think she'll be alright?" She asked Damian talking about Alice. The ebony haired girl crossed her arms, tapping her fingers on them as she worried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/26/2010, 6:09 pm

Damian shook his head. "Doubt it." Damian said frankly. "Never seen anyone use a shovel the way he did." He scoffed and tore his own mask and cape off, tossing them into a laundry basket.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 12/26/2010, 6:40 pm

Slade crossed his arms and turned his back to Karmy, and for a moment it looked like he wouldn't answer. "Why didn't she end up like me, eh?" He said at long last. The snow flecked down on his armor, the white flakes sharply contrasting the dark black suit. His voice was slow and thoughtful as he recalled his supressed memories. "Who knows- heaven only knows I TRIED to make her like me." Slade said. His borderline obsesive quest to find an heir over the years was more or less common knowledge, and it probably came as no surprise that he would try to make his own flesh and blood his deciple as well. "But I clearly didn't succed- I guess she was just better then that I suppose." Slade shrugged. "She was above all that crap- following in my footsteps, crushing everything in her path- it wasn't her, too nice for her own damn good. Of course I'd hate to be the person to piss her off- she'd kick your ass." Slade relayed, his voice loosing it's usual crabiness- if you had the audacity to think so.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/26/2010, 6:59 pm

"Yeah, I saw her on the battlefield. Thought if I ever got into a fight with her, she'd kill me. I've seen both you and her with y'alls mask.. She looks like you." Karmy stated. "Even, *a-hem* you're.. Eye.. features." she chose her words carefully, as not to provoke the man into a fight. All became quiet once again and Karmy waited to see if Slade would say something, but, after a nerve wracking minute, she spoke up. "She was a good hero, a good person. I'm sorry that she died."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/26/2010, 8:28 pm

Nicole shuffled her feet quietly, "Oh." She mumbled. The ebony haired girl found herself in an awkward silence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/27/2010, 2:00 pm

"Yeah. What would you expect?" Damian asked trying to keep his rough persona. "Crime is in so mug trouble." Damian said looking in a mirror, admiring his bat symbol.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/27/2010, 2:14 pm

"I don't know." Nicole replied looking at another direction. "I'm just worried for her." She added glancing at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/27/2010, 2:41 pm

"it is what it is, moi droog." Damian muttered flicking some dried blood from the back of his ear away.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/27/2010, 4:10 pm

Nicole looked away from Damian, removing her cape also. She let out a murmur of a, "Hurm." The green eyed girl tossed the cape into a basket, "So, what do we do now?" She asked removing her black gloves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 2:02 am

"We wait." Damian sighed, looking back at the cases filled with a vast array of batsuits. "What do you want to do when you grow up?" He inquired.

Alice's chin was resting on her forearms, one over the other. Barbara's eyes were watering. "Its been two years since we first met." She started. Alice was silent. "I mean, we've been through a lot, you knew me back when I was in a wheel chair." The Ghost White Statue looked at Barbara's way. "Irony gets the best of us I suppose." Alice coldly uttered. "Can I get your chair?" She seemed to joke with dark humor clouding her words. Barbara looked down in embarrassment, she must have turned a dark shade of red, complimenting her hair.

"I just-.." Barbara started before a nurse in white barged in yelling at Barbara, then at Alice, saying she needed her sleep. Telling her to shut up if she wanted to stay in the room. Barbara appologized and sat down in silence. Saved by the bell? Hardly, but at least she prevented making her look more like an idiot. Alice's eyes were sharp. Looking dead ahead. Yet, drifting off slowly. Barbara watched Alice as she fell asleep, probably for good this time. Morphine would help her rest the "rest of heroes" as Alfie put it.

Alice sat in a large comfy red velvet chair. A fireplace, a book where it was supposed to be--in her hands. The perfect day. What could possibly go wrong?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 3:00 am

The room suddenly started to quake, everything jumped and rattled about. To anyone not from the far west, it would have appeared to be an earthquake. The red hot logs in the fireplace tumbled about until they flickered away, the room now pitch black. Suddenly, a loud crash shook the room and the wall gave way to the left of Alice and through the dust and debris, a massive shape towered over her. Blinding light filled the room, dust particles spreading the light all across the train's engine and cargo cars. Karmy leaned out from the conductors cabin, a typical railroad hat sat lopsided on her head. "You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter.."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 3:13 am

"Because we'll be together." Alice said disregarding the strangeness of the dream. "Take me far away." Alice said getting up and handing a gun to Karmy, "And kill me."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 3:31 am

"Nah..." Karmy took the gun in her hands and turned it over a few times, weighed it in each hand and checked how many bullets were in the clip. Then, with a shrug, she nuzzled the barrel of the gun against her temple and pulled the trigger. Blood sprayed all over the cabin, her limp body fell out of the and into a portal from which, another Karmy appeared. She looked the same, but appeared to have aged backwards 2 years and had grown 5 inches. "So, where to, Mercy?" she started up the train and they were off.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 10:32 am

"Don't call me that." Alice muttered looking about and getting on the train. Karmy didnt look any different in Alice's eyes, Karmy was and always will be Karmy. No matter how short or tall she was.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 10:45 am

"Thats what I called you 2years ago so...I'll call ya whatever I want." She grinned. "After all, you did wish you should have let me done whatever I wanted when I died, eh?" seeing as this was Alices dream, this Karmy knew Alices thoughts, unlike the real Karmy of course. As the train gained speed, Alice realized that they were heading for a cliff over lookig a vast ocean. The wind rushed by and Karmy blew the horn of the train. "Ya ready, Merc?!" she yelled over the whistling wind. Before she could answer, the train roared off the cliff side and they were in freefall.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 11:06 am

Alice didn't even want to hold on tight. If she died she knew it was merely a dream. She focused on the strangeness right now and looked over to her so called best friend. "You're not Karmy." she said to her.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 11:24 am

The train plunged into the ocean and floated down onto an undersea railroad where it simply just started moving again. "Of course I'm not, silly." she spun around in her chair and looked up at Alice. "I'm a figment of your imagination, a dream version of the real Karmy." she pulled pulled out a pack of cigarettes from her pocket and stuck it in her mouth. "Well, not all like the real Karmy." she shrugged and lit the cig. "Oh look! It's Dory and Marlin!" she looked outside the cabin windows as she took a long drag.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 12/28/2010, 11:29 am

Alice shot both Dory and Marlin underwater because physics in the dream world didn't make any sense. "So what's the point of this Not-Karmy?" Alice asked crossing her arms.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 12/28/2010, 11:50 am

(Noooooooooooo!!!)

"Wow haha that was cold, Merc." Karmy laughed, watching the dead bodies of the cartoon characters go belly up. "Killing the innocent again, I see?" it was more of a statement then a question. The train continued on, going deeper and deeper into the dark abyss. The lamps blinked on in the cabin, an orange glow kept the two out of the dark. Karmy finished the cigarette and tossed it out the open window. "I don't know, you're supposed to figure that out for yourself." she shrugged, lighting another smoke.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top