The Darkest of Knights

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/22/2010, 5:16 pm

Karmy woke up with her head pounding like a drum. "Sonova.." lifting her head, she looked around, trying to focus her vision. She saw Slade and Batgirl fighting and Batman next to her, still out. Figuring that in her condition, it was best not to enter the fight, so she stuck to trying to wake up Batman. Crawling over to him, she placed a hand on him. "Batman!" she coughed and shook him. "C'mon Batman, wake up!"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/22/2010, 6:43 pm

"Siiick."
"I know, man! These things happen, like, so much these days."
"Dare ya to touch it."
"No way in hell!"
"Oh come on...Chicken."

The words were exchanged by two sandy-haired boys, who couldn't have been more than ten. The two, steering clear from the "Caution Crime Scene" yellow ribbons lining the area of Knightmare's death, eyed it with curiosity. Who the strange girl was, what she had done to deserve such a murder, and, perhaps most importantly, who had done it.

"Mad Hatter, definitely." Sneered the taller one, with a hint of admiration to his favorite villain.
"Nah, man, all that blood an' gore just screams Scarecrow." Replied the other, showing where his own favor was. Though they quickly went over the more famous villains who could have done it (Riddler, Penguin, maybe a returning Joker...Yet not once did either boy believe a female held the power to do this), their conversation was shifted back to daring the other to touch the body. It provided a challenge both of sneaking past their unseen and having the guts to touch a rotting corpse.

The shorter, stout one finally took up the dare, squirming past the perceptive polices' eyes and gingerly poking the seemingly only area not soaked in blood: Her forehead.

A surge of energy went through him, a distant voice began whispering in his head, shuffling through his thoughts. He couldn't distinct the words they were saying, as they were rushed and foreign. An itchy burning sensation began soon after and he clutched his head in pain, giving a low groan. Everything around him blurred and went silent.

"Hey! Kid! Get outta there!" One cop finally scolded, shocking him out of whatever trance the boy was in. He scurried away with his friend as fast as his legs could take him, unsure of what had just happened.

The power has been passed,
the nightmares will continue.
Though dreams never last,
it's the broken ones that shape you.

(Knightmare the II is born...Hope the crime scene thingy with the police is okay with you, Merc. If not I'll edit ._.)

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/22/2010, 8:32 pm

[not entireley, but i'll roll with it]

Slade was momentarily stunned by the atack.

Momentarily.

He quickly was able to recover, and quickly grabbed Batgirl's leg. With all of his might, he hammered her into the ground on her back. "Not bad. Not bad at all." He said. "But then again, not quite good." Batgirl doing a move like that meant she was running out of tricks. In other words, Slade was finally winning. He saw what Karmy was doing, and approached her. "You-" He drew his gun. "Have been an endless scource of misery for me for far too long. I'm going to enjoy this." He said, aiming the gun, savoring the thought finally killing this one damn kid......

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/22/2010, 8:56 pm

Karmy turned just in time to see the barrel of Slade's gun pointed straight at her chest. "You-"

Bang

The force of the bullet sent her crashing to the ground next to Batman and she looked up at Slade. She tried to talk but found she couldn't. She couldn't do.. anything. She couldn't even blink. All was quiet, but really, Karmy liked it. She felt like everything would be ok, all she had to do was sleep. Sleep, and everything would be ok. "Close your eyes, Karmy." a voice said. She knew the voice. It was Casey. "I'm right here, just sleep." the edges of her vision began to darken. Everything was quiet, everything was peaceful. No more agony, no more suffering, no more fear. No fear... Just. Peace. Karmy Anna Anderson eye's closed, ending the rainbow that once beheld them, forever.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/22/2010, 9:03 pm

"No.." Batgirl uttered in pain as she recover from the attack. Idiot! Disarm him, THEN attack him! Batgirl out of pure rage ran after Slade and tackled him into a wall. "NO!!"

Idiot.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/22/2010, 9:09 pm

Slade looked,s till somewhat unsure if he had done it.
"ha..."
"Haha..."
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Slade laughed- it was the kind of laugh that made you cringe, that made you feel the evil pleasure he was feeling. In Slade's mind, he had finally done it. He'd killed her, he'd killed this irritating blight in his life! He wheeled around and marched towards Barbara, trailing eerie footprints in Karmy's blood. "You're next." He said, but was quickly pinned by Batgirl. Not that he didn't delight in ramming his knee into her stomach afterwards. "You WANT to die, then? So be it." He said, knowing he was about to enjoy this beyond words......

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/22/2010, 9:22 pm

Batgirl staggered back and fell on all fours, she coughed a pint of blood, nearly vomited it. Batgirl faught with herself to stand up. She moaned in pain. Agony. A sound that put a smile on Slade's twisted face, he kicked her face and she hit the wall with her back and fell back down. A fist struck Slade's face like a lighting bolt. The Batman. "Touch her one more time and that hand will never touch anything ever again." Batman warned.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/22/2010, 9:33 pm

"I was hoping you'd wake up. I wanted ot wait to kill her untill you could see it, but I seem to have played with my food too long." Slade snorted. "At least I managed to remove a pest in the process." he said, pointing to Karmy's broked body, almost seeming PROUD about it. He steeped towards the two Bats, still leaving bloody footprints. "I've been looking forward to his for a long, long, ti-" Slade was swept of his feet and plowed into a wall by a jade green blast. "YOU SON OF A BIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!" Cyrah screamed, havign seen Karmy's body as they approached. Both her and Cassius hammered at Slade relentlessly, Sonic cannons and electric punches keeping Slade far too defensive to launch a counterattack as the Ropers attacked him......

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/22/2010, 9:49 pm

Batman took the advantage to attack Slade along with Cyrah, this had to be the first time they actually fought together, when Cyrah would shoot, he would throw a batarang, when Cyrah would punch, he would apply another. Already they were looking at each other and reading each other's moves. No words were needed. Batgirl lurched over and swayed next to the two. She gave a look to Batman that said she was going to help whether he liked it or not.

Red X and Robin stood atop a building out of view. Red X held Robin back. "Don't. Not yet." He said looking around. Pedestrians were beginning to walk to the battle scene. "They're looking for you remember?" Red X asked.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 on 9/23/2010, 8:22 am

(read the posts....and im assisting with the battle. sry if it looks like i just poped out of the blue!)

Crimson, stunned from seeing Slade just...shoot Karmy stood in his hiding place in shock and yet, full of anger. He barely even knew Karmy, and yet he felt as thought Slade had just killed a family member.

He continued to watch everyone just hammer away at slade and he knew he had watched enough. "The more hammering at him, the better." Crimson Thought as he jumped out of his hiding place and began to add fire to the flame that everyone was letting loose on Slade. "He's gonna pay!" Crimson said as he began to fire his blasts quicker with every succesful hit.

~Garry Jones
Corvus31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/23/2010, 9:13 am

With more superheroes joining the fight by the second, Slade knew he'd have to get the hell out of dodge somehow. He saw crimon making an absolute ham of himself, so he fured that he would be his ticket. He backflipped behind him, and with a swift kick propelled him into Cassius and Batman, temporarily stunning the two. However, shen he turned to leave, he was blocked by Cyrah. "Don't think I plan to let you leave so easy, you fu-" Her sentence was left unfinished.

When Slade's powerlance rammed into her robotic eye.

With a scream of pain, Cyrah wavered back, one hand over her face, blood and lord only knew what other fluids trailing from the shattered eye. Seeing this as a chance to escape, Slade did the smokebomb- flashbang trick, and quickly escaped, vanishing, semeingly without a trace......

Cyrah, seeing Slade had escaped, crawled over to Karmy's body and held it in her arms. She remembered the last things she had said to Karmy- they had argued and Karmy left because of it. "I..... shouldn't have said what I did..... this, this is my fault.... if we didn't argue, if..... if...... she wouldn't have left....... this wouldn't have happened....... god...... Karmy, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry...." Cyrah said, full of guilt, and sobbing incoherently into Karmy's blood-soaked shoulder. The shoulder of her sister. Her cousin. Her first real friend.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 on 9/23/2010, 9:24 am

"Grrr...the nerve of that rat." Crimson said under his breath as he got up. "He walked over to cyrah to see if he could lighten some of her intense guilt. "Maybe i could help revive her?" Crimson said to himself. It was a thought seeing as he was quite trained in medical techniques. "Maybe i could revive her...its worth a shot." Crimson said as he slowly backed away, barcing for when cyrah would explode on him.

~Garry Jones
Corvus31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/23/2010, 12:42 pm

Civilians, men women and children began filing in like rushing water. Cell phones were out, texting Godfrey the Batman's location. The flash and smoke paralyzed Batman and Batgirl. He heard the screaming of Cyrah over the chatter of the texting civilians. Batman made his way to Cyrah and threw his arm over her trying to keep her together. He slipped up and flashes from cameras were being fleeted around them. Alice was at the brim of the crowd trying to make her way through to see what had happened. She screamed over the crowd trying to get their attention. Trying to make her way through. Where's Karmy?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/23/2010, 8:42 pm

Even the pain of Cyrah's eye paled in comparison to the pure agony she felt in her heart right now. Her sould, her escence was screaming in her mind as she held the broken form of what once was one of the most incredible people she had ever met. She didn't even feel batman's presence. To her, the world had just become much darker, lonlier, and much less inviting of a place. Even Cassius, of stout heart under even the most vile of conditions, took a knee upon first seieng the sight. He placed his head in his hand in despair.

In contrast to the agony of the Ropers, one Slade Wilson and a preveseley happy stride in his step. Never before had he enjoyed an assasination quite like this one. Happy on a level that can't be described as anything but evil, Slade continued about the rooftops, also witnessing the fruits of another murder [knightmare's body at the police scene]. Seems today was a day for blood........
[I felt like such a jerk wrighting that....]

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/23/2010, 9:35 pm

Batman looked around trying to comprehend what was going on. There was too many people around them. They had to leave, and yet they couldn't just Karmy's body alone. Then suddenly silence swept the crowd. Batman still couldn't see but he was sure that the crowd—with all their cell phones out—just discovered the dead body covered in blood that was being held by Cyrah. Batman stood up to look at everyone. Blood covered his chest and hands, not his blood.

A bright X wrapped around Slade as he stood atop the roof. "Actions have consequences." Red X said standing erect with Robin next to his side.

[Uhh seeing how Red X and Robin were watching on the rooftops..]

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/24/2010, 2:21 pm

[Oh yeah.....]

"Spare me the lecture, assasan." Slade said, tearing out of the bond with wuperiour strength. "You murder for a living same way I do. And yet you frolic with the superheroes and your little girlfriend here." Slade said, removing the adhesive from his person. "So spare me your hypocritical 'actions and consequences' bullsh*t, I really couldn't care less." Slade sneered disdainfully. He could understand it coming from Robin, but it was almost laughable coming from Red-X.

Although Slade would have eagerly ripped Red-X and Robin to ribbons here and now, he knew the police, newscrews, everyone and their dog would be coming to get a glimps eof the Batman, and the last thing Slade needed was to be caught up in that publicity. "Sorry to dissapoint- some other time, kiddies. I've had my recomended dose of blood for today." Slade said, backflipping clean off the edge of the building and vanishing into the shadows of the alleyways bellow....
[Sorry y'all, work and school is making red a dull boy XP ]

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/24/2010, 2:29 pm

"Slade!" Red X yelled after him as he watched him escape. "You want to go after him Robin? I think your dad needs us though." Red X replied peering throught the shadows in which Slade escaped through.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 9/24/2010, 4:24 pm

(My bad y'all first week of classes ya'know how it is.)

"Atrocities compounded!" Godfrey stood in front of his cameras, well set up now in the lobby of Dr. Strange's practice. Superimposed with him, just over his shoulder was the best text image they could find of Batman standing bloody. "I would like to thank all of you who've called and texted information on the location of this fugitive of justice, but sadly, it is no longer safe for the public to involve themselves with The Batman. This shocking image" The bloody batman was scaled up to match him in size. "brought to our attention by the viewing public, proves that this masked man is far too dangerous for us to involve civilians in his capture." The image scaled back down, remaining on the screen though, just for flavor. "And that is why I am here by petitioning the Gotham City Police Department, to reinstate their bounty on The Batman, with the added condition that he be captured alive, and turns his ward Nicole over to the state, that she might receive proper psychiatric treatment."
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/24/2010, 8:44 pm

Ivy's breathing hitched as soon as she arrived. Karmy, eyes sunken and fluttered shut, fresh blood decorating her body; Cyrah, clutching her as if that were her last lifeline, and it wasn't Karmy who died but herself; Batman struggling to escape against the news crews, no doubt from Godfrey, and the look of dread on Alice's face. Pure sadness.

She felt a part of herself wilt, too. She could never say she was close to Karm, no, not compared to people like Alice or Cyrah, but she could say that that colorful hippie was the most unique person she had ever met, and she was sad to see her go. The young woman grit her teeth to stop the tears.

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/24/2010, 9:19 pm

Slade is gone, g-o-n-e GONE.

Zero too couldn't help but be hit like a freight train at the gravity of the scene. Like Ivy, he didn't have as close of a bond with Karmy as Alice or the others. But she was still family. Creeping around with her in titan's tower, meeting her in Cassius's apartment, helping to get her back from poision Ivy.... she had bene in th emajor chapters of his life and, indeed, life just ebcame a much more dull thing. He put an arm around Ivy. But he couldn't help but think- was it Ivy he was trying to comfort
or himself?

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/25/2010, 1:32 am

Alice tried to fight her way through the crowds, she tried to make her way to the scene, to see what had happened. She heard soft crying. "Get out of my way, get out! Make way! Everyone beat it!" She yelled trying to force her way through. She pulled out her MP5K and shot a burst of 9mm's into the air. That freaked the crowd out and they brushed past her. Alice stood nearly twenty-five feet from the scene. Blood was splashed over all the walls and ground. Her head was spinning, her heart was in her shoes, and she must come back down. Legs weak, she swayed to Batman. Fireworks seemed to be going off around her; but she wasn't too sure what that was. She tried saying something, Batgirl looked at Alice and stood up. "Alice.." She uttered compassionately to her. "Hehe.. Hahah..." Alice lightly laughed tripping and falling in a pool of blood. "Hahah... Ahahahaah.... Ahahahahaha hahaha hah aahahaha hahahahahahahah!! AHAHAHAHAHA!" The fireworks she heard was her heartbeat, popping, pounding, thrashing, coursing through her body. Tears of course. Her laughter turned into screams of agony as she crawled to her best friend. She stole Karmy from Cyrah for a moment, looked at her. "How many times do I have to tell you!? How many fucking times do I have to tell you, Karmy?!" Alice demanded: that being some of the last words she said to Karmy. She held tightly to Karmy and knew what she must have felt like two years ago on this position. Regret consumed her body and began eating at her energy, she should have let Karmy have her way more often, she wanted to give her things she didn't need, she wanted to give Karmy everything and would have done anything just to see her smile one last time. "You can't leave me like this." She whispered in Karmy's ear. "You didn't even say good-bye. I love you Karmy, how could you? How dare you?! Dammit you can't leave me! No..." Her voice shook through liquid glass. Her body felt weak, she felt sick to the stomach, Alice wept, gagged over her phlem, hyperventalating, pain ringing in her shrieks.

"Batman... what's a friend?" Alice asked as she calmed down still holding tightly onto Karmy. "A soul that resides in two bodies." Batman responded resting a shoulder over Alice's shoulder. Alice looked up at Batman, she knew they had to keep pressing on. That instilled a fear in her. The fear that she would have to live life without her. Alice wished she had smiled in the first picture she took with the camera.

"KARMY!" Karmy heard her name being called and turned over as she fell. So surprised to see Malice she
forgot to make a portal. She landed on Malice.

"PLuAGH!!!!!! Ow! Gosh what's up with you?! Gone suicidal already!?" Malice hissed at her, and slowly got up in pain. The bullet wound had reopened and Karmy was clutching it tightly in pain as she stood. "No! I was just haveing a bit of fun is all!"
"Fun!? Jumping off buildings is fun? Geez what's wrong with you kids these days.." Malice noticed the blood spilling from Karmy's fingers. "Oh my
word!" She picked her up and ran into the tower. Karmy was getting dizzy from the bloodloss and vertigo.
"Heh.. It's fun." she said looking wearly
up at Malice.

"I should take ya sometime."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/25/2010, 10:09 am

When Alice took Karmy from her, Cyrah had never felt this alone. Living in cages all her life, she had never had close bonds like she had in the past two years. And now she had lost one of the people that had helped turn the hell of her life around. She had lost her be-

It then struck Cyrah like a train. She didn't loose Karmy.

Karmy was TAKEN. Slade TOOK Karmy from this world. Everything that had gone wrong recently had Slade's hand in it somewhere. And now he had struck the last straw. To her self, Cyrah swore to make Slade pay for what he had done. Nobody noticed her as she slunk off, the anguish in her heart now replaced by a new feeling. It had been replaced with hate- buring raging hatred, all fo it directed at Slade. She drifted throught the shadows of the back alleys, her body still covered in blood. But she only had one focus right now. Finding Slade.

And killing him.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/25/2010, 11:52 am

"Oh...God..." Astro, just arriving, saw the dead body of what used to be Karmy and shivered. He hadn't known her well, but she had shown to be a constantly bubbly and energetic member of their team, ready to take on anything. Despite getting severly injured in most of her efforts.

But, he thought, at least she tried. It made him poignant to know this girl who always tried wouldn't get to try any more. To know there was one less hero on Earth.

Unless...

He realized, perhaps grimly, he had the ability to save her. Sure, his healing was based on stealing other's lifeforce, but with just enough he could revive her. It'd just take more people's lives than it usually did. It didn't seem fair, he knew, to sacrifice several other's lives for this one young woman's, but she deserved a life.

Yet, then again, didn't everyone?

Who knew who it'd be next, a child's last guardian, a woman's best friend, a beloved husband...This led him to think just how it was he "Healed" others. He garnered their chi randomly, storing it in himself for a brief minute before transferring it into the injured person. Chi often slipped through his fingers, staying within him, to the point he had saved up a kind of back-up reservoir for himself. Combined with his own, he slowly revelated, it would be more than enough to resurrect Karmy. It was the best solution he could come up with, at the cost of his own worthless meager life in the place of several innocent civilians, the heroine before him would return. And keep on trying.

After all...

He stepped forward, in front of all the others.

With all the people I've hurt...

"I can save her." He announced.

What's one more life gone?

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/25/2010, 9:35 pm

11/16/31
3:30 pm
Light Rain

Alice looked at Astro, then to Batman who stood up and nodded at Astro and shot a line. "Where are you going?" Batgirl asked. "To turn myself in." Batman explained, "Wintergreen needs me. Nicole needs me." With that he was hoisted into the air rapidly. "She doesn't need a father in jail Dick!!" Batgirl yelled after him.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/25/2010, 10:29 pm

Astro took the uneasy silence as the chance to work. He knelt before the body, surveying the worst of the damage. "Not too bad, not as bad as I'd expected..." He murmured, more to console himself than anything.

He took a deep breath. He had lived a good life. Saved lives, took lives. This was a great way to go, he thought grimly, saving somebody else. The bubbly, loved, vengeful hippie with the bag. He nearly laughed, when he thought that. Even in death, she held the old pack in a choke hold. The youth recalled how, without it, her eye's had gone dull and sunken in, her whole personality gone bleak. Why was it?

He knew it didn't really matter, considering he was about to die anyway, but something about it bothered him. What was it about that bag? It had a part of her...A part of...

Her soul!

With that in mind, he realized: There was a way both he and her could live! A wave of relief hit him, followed by a burning guilt at the first emotion. An eager light blue aurora already emitting from his hands, his nimble fingers quickly worked on taking the bag off of her.

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top