The Darkest of Knights

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/26/2010, 6:18 pm

Carmy sighed again and sat down against the wall. He knew what G.O.D was capable of from what Zero had told him, and he would rather not get stuck. Too bad he didn't know about the small bottle of remover that Karmy always kept in her sock. Watching Alice work, he noticed something on his.. Karmys arm. The scars from when Karmy cut herself back in Jump City. They were thick because of how deep she had cut. It was right then that Carmy decided to ask the question that had been burning in his mind ever since he woke up in Karmy's body.

"How did she die?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/26/2010, 6:26 pm

Alice stopped typing. She let out an exasperated sigh and 180º turned to face Carmy. She really didn't want to answer him. Or her.. she didn't know how to define the person in her best friend's body. "Slade shot her. I don't know anything else than that." Alice said turning back. "Batgirl was there. She tried to stop him." Alice said again wiping her eyes.

Damian slung an arm around Nicole. "Hey, don't worry. We'll get out of this. Promise you that." He assured her rubbing her arm. "The good guys always win."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/26/2010, 6:47 pm

(Yeah.. a tad lost on that one XP)

Carmy clenched his fist when he heard that it was Slade who had done it. He remembered him as Wrath so, he knew how twisted and maniacal he was. He relaxed with a sigh, figuring that he couldn't do anything to get revenge. "Are you alright?" he asked, trying not to stir up anything in fear of gluing. This was his sisters best friend after all, maybe he could help.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/26/2010, 6:52 pm

"No I'm not alright." Alice said curtly, and continuing typing and click on confusing buttons onscreen. She looked like she knew what she was doing, and she was doing it well. Information Broker Trainee.

"I just said cause we're the good guys. Justice will be served right?" Damian asked Robin trying to lift her spirits.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/26/2010, 7:03 pm

"Justice is always served, and the only person who can predict the future: An Oracle." Damian smiled as he took off his mask reassuring her.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/26/2010, 7:13 pm

"Hey look at me." Damian said picking up Robin's chin. "Did I say Justice will be served immediately? It all takes time. Chin up, sweet cheeks."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/26/2010, 7:19 pm

"Well, normally, if I had this-" Cyrah said, flicking her robotic eye (Or what was left thereof] "I could be able to analyze some sort of trail- heatseeking, crap like that. But Without it, i'm kind of left to my own devices here." Cyrah said, thinking. She didn't have the know-how of her body like Cyborg did of his, and only Karmy knew how to repair her various parts, her eye included. "But when I encountered Slade in that alley like, a week ago, it was in the bad parts of town. if I had to bet on where to find a bloodthirsty, vicious assasin, i'd bet there." Cyrah speculated.

And I have to clue what to do with anyone else.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/26/2010, 8:08 pm

"Ah.." Carmy felt even more awkward, if that was even possible, now. "Would you.. Like to talk about it? I know you were her best friend and all.." he rubbed the back of his..her.. head in discomfort.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/26/2010, 11:46 pm

11/16/31
5:30 pm
Raining

"If we do run into him keep to his right side where he can't see you, and don't attack until I do." Rose advised walking slowly in the pitter patter of the rain dampening the fabric of her soaked costume.

"Heh.. You should take off that mask of yours so I can see those pretty green eyes of yours..." Damian blushed at the kiss. "So I can return the favor."

Alice looked at Casey, the vessel that held the soul wasn't her best friend. She sounded, and looked like her, though one thing that confirmed that she wasn't her was the eyes. They changed in a different pattern. That reaffirmed her that she wasn't talking to her best friend. "I don't want to even look at you. Karmy is dead, and you're a ghost in my best friend's body." She forced herself to say, crying. Her heart felt like it was caving in, and imploding in her chest. She licked her chapped lips and stood up to hug Carmy. Crying in his arms.

Batgirl woke up to the sound of her heart beat on the screen. She had a heard time breathing through one nostril so she blew out a the clot of blood out and it landed on the white tiled floor. She moaned as she sat up and ripped chords off her chest, arms, and neck. She didn't even notice Luna sitting in the corner watching her. Barbara tore off her mask and tossed it behind her. "What's going on..? What time is it?" Barbara asked Luna stretching.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/27/2010, 12:08 am

Carmy hesitated for a moment, good gravy things just became more awkward, but finally hugged her back. "I don't know why I always come back, it never seems like I gain any redemption for my past when I do. More people get hurt, physically and or emotionally." he glanced down at the lantern ring. "Karmy's out there somewhere, just lost is all. When the Shaman wakes up, we can help her find her way back."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/27/2010, 12:14 am

"Karmy is dead, not lost." Alice continued to weep. "Karmy is the type of person who could never get lost. She could always find me when I needed her most." She cried holding onto the body of Karmy.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/27/2010, 12:30 am

"She's trying, Alice." Carmy said, trying to comfort her. "Just be patient. I know my sister wouldn't just leave her friends like that, she would never want to. She'll find her way back, but this time, she's going to need some help. Are you going to help? And maybe this was supposed to happen.." he thought. "Maybe I'm supposed to help you until Karmy's found."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/27/2010, 12:54 am

"Guess you don't really understand the concept of dead. Equivalent Exchange. Basic rules and foundational ideas that to get something, something of equal value must be lost." Alice said knowing that Karmy's death meant Karmy's death and nothing can bring her back unless Astro sacrificed Casey's life for Karmy. "How did you enjoy heaven?"

"Screw it all." Barbara said getting out of bed. "I can handle it. I gotta find out what Alice has learned." She informed Luna and walking out. She passed Damian about to kiss Nicole when Barbara snatched his cape and dragged him out of kissing distance. "Not on your life girl wonder." Barbara scolded at Nicole the same way her father scolded Dick the first time he laid eyes on her.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/27/2010, 1:00 am

"Yes but this is an RP, if things were like that, you and I would still be dead, no one would have powers, and all that what not." Carmy shrugged. "Deaths secrets are for those who can comprehend them. I cannot nor will not tell the secrets of the afterlife. Not my place to. Let it remain a mystery, for now."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/27/2010, 8:04 am

Z, Cass and Dent are just useless hunks of meat right now......

Cyrah nodded. "Aye aye, bosswoman. You know better then I do." She said, trying hard to lighten the mood and ignore the emptiness she still felt from Karmy's death. But not the anger- she was saving that all up for Slade.

Slade is........ somewhere.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 on 9/27/2010, 8:35 am

(I uhhhh...hope you don't mind ,red and mercy but i'd like to help put the beatdown on slade....if thats ok with you two)

Crimson had been following Cyrah and rose for a while when he decided to reveal himself. "I could'nt help but hear you were going to kill Slade." And I must ask you two....is revenge really what you want? Crimson wanted to help Cyrah and Rose kill Slade more than anything right now but another part of him was speaking up. .....Is it what karmy would want? Another dead body to equalize another one?

~Garry Jones
Corvus31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/27/2010, 8:46 am

Cyrah gave Crimson a hateful look. "You shut up, this IS what I want. How could you POSSIBLY know how I feel? I grew up IN A CAGE. She was my first friend. My family. And Slade TOOK her from me. You could NEVER know how I feel." Cyrah spat, angry that Crimson was trying to talk her out of it, angry at pretty much the whole univers right now.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 on 9/27/2010, 9:02 am

"You're right i probably DONT know how you feel!" Crimson shouted back. But I know what it's like to loose soeone! I know who killed the love of my life! but do you think I didnt want to kill him? I wanted to kill him so badly his soul would be dead! but I didnt!

AND DO YOU KNOW WHY I DIDN'T?!!! Because part of me was telling me this is not what she would have wanted! she would'nt have wanted another dead body to substitute for her! she would'nt have wanted me to be fueled by hatred, rage and a thirst for revenge! AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHATS FUELING YOU NOW!!! If you want to make him pay i'll gladly go with you! but dont kill him. and dont give in to those hateful emotions......

~Garry Jones
Corvus31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/27/2010, 9:11 am

Cyrah squinted. "So your little confession is supposed to deter me? Please. I'm not a hero, I'm not like you, or Batman. I've done things that would disgust a softie like you." She said. True, they were thigns she would never WILLINGLY do, but she still did them against her will. "And i'm not talking a random freak- this is SLADE, a murdering monster." Cyrah snapped. "But maybe your right- maybe a HERO or whatever shouldn't be doing this." She snarled, and combed her bangs off to one side, revealing her eyehole, the robotic half of her face- and something she tried to erase. She took a razorblade to it once, but enough of it remained to be visible- her identity tatoo.

X-002.

"I'm not like you."

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 on 9/27/2010, 9:38 am

(sry...shor post!"

Crimson thought of a reply before sayinjg one to himself. "I can see why...

~Garry Jones
Corvus31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/27/2010, 9:39 am

(Lol Robin! XDDD)

"Ha, yeah right. I've been to heaven. Its great." Alice said breaking off the hug and sitting back in the chair. Batgirl dropped Damian and continued on to Alice and approached her. "What have you got on Dick so far?" She asked. "Well," Alice said clicking a file open. "Dick is looking at a trial tomorrow morning at 7:00. Most likely because they want to try to make him tired. We can show up at 6:00 if you want. They've got Wintergreen with him as well." Batgirl starred at the screen and ordered another chair up. She looked at Carmy for a second. "So.. That's Casey?" Barbara asked.

"Shut up, I ain't some justice hyped hero. He's my dad, I know what's right for him. Should have been dead years ago." Rose said not really acknowledging Crimson and leading Cyrah further by grabbing her hand.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/27/2010, 9:50 am

Deciding it was best to leave the two alone, Carmy stepped away, but not too far away from the bag. It was still in his field of vision so he didn't mind. "Hey Zero." he waved as he approached him. "How have you been?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/27/2010, 10:01 am

Cyrah allowed herself to be led off by Rose, glad someone was breaking the convo between her and Crimson. She looked at Rose from under her bangs. It wasn't the anger she had at Cromson, this was more...... placid. "Hey..... thanks." She said to Rose, continuing to follow her. Nevertheless, her mind drifted back to what she had just said, the tatoo in particular- specifically, the time she tried to cut it out.......

It was two years ago, before her, Cy, Ghost and dad had left Gotham to check out the world.....

Cyrah, at the time still not entireley used to her full range of emotions yet, stood in the bathroom, staring at the twisted back numbers tatooed on her forehead. She hated them, she hated them beyond any logical words. They had caused her- and others- so much pain, so much suffering. What had she done to deserve that hellish brand? What did the innocent people she was forced to watch die do to deserve what happened to them? She was different now, but the longer she looked at those numbers and that black X, the more she wanted to get rid of them. She was under the impression everyone was out and about, so she knew there would be no interuptions. she reached under the cabinet and procured a shaving razor. She crushed it in her hand and pulled out what she wanted- the blade. She She didn't hestitate- she ran the blade through the skin on her forehead where the totaoo was, blood freely flowing out and over the numbers. She ran it through again, repeating the process. And again. And again. And again.....

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/27/2010, 10:06 am

A pounding on the door interrupted Cyrah's cutting. "Sarah? Hey are you ok?" Karmy asked through the door. "We're almost ready to go soon." she had noticed that Cyrah had been quiet earlier and she had been worried.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/27/2010, 10:54 am

"Did I scare her away..?" Barbara asked coughing slightly. "Him. He's Casey." Alice corrected. "Should I go talk to uhh.. Casey?" Barbara wondered spinning around in the chair. "If you want. I'm going to keep working on this hacking. See if I can get anywhere with this." Alice muttered. Barbara got up to follow Karmy but stopped herself and turned around. "Dismantle the algorithm from the inside out, going in is too hard, you might want to check the specs next time Alice." She advised. "Oh. Thanks." Alice said looking at the screen.

"Think nothing of it." Rose said slowing to a walk now and looking around to check if the coast was clear.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top