The Darkest of Knights

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Guest on 9/24/2010, 5:44 pm

"Doesn't matter, we'll see him after." Robin muttered narrowing her eyes into the alley that Slade vanished in. When Red X looked over at here, he can only see her cape flying as she launch herself into the alley. She landed on the rough ground, looking to her sides to see Slade running...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/24/2010, 8:44 pm

Ivy's breathing hitched as soon as she arrived. Karmy, eyes sunken and fluttered shut, fresh blood decorating her body; Cyrah, clutching her as if that were her last lifeline, and it wasn't Karmy who died but herself; Batman struggling to escape against the news crews, no doubt from Godfrey, and the look of dread on Alice's face. Pure sadness.

She felt a part of herself wilt, too. She could never say she was close to Karm, no, not compared to people like Alice or Cyrah, but she could say that that colorful hippie was the most unique person she had ever met, and she was sad to see her go. The young woman grit her teeth to stop the tears.

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/24/2010, 9:19 pm

Slade is gone, g-o-n-e GONE.

Zero too couldn't help but be hit like a freight train at the gravity of the scene. Like Ivy, he didn't have as close of a bond with Karmy as Alice or the others. But she was still family. Creeping around with her in titan's tower, meeting her in Cassius's apartment, helping to get her back from poision Ivy.... she had bene in th emajor chapters of his life and, indeed, life just ebcame a much more dull thing. He put an arm around Ivy. But he couldn't help but think- was it Ivy he was trying to comfort
or himself?

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/24/2010, 9:34 pm

[...Sorry.....]
Robin searched, but nothing. She was alone, "Damn.." She mumbled waiting for Damian to come to her side.

Luna followed along with Zero and Ivy, John behind her looking at the lifeless Karmy. Luna was speechless, Cyrah holding onto Karmy, the dead one.. Luna froze, glancing over at Ivy and Zero. She clenched her fist in rage, her heart sank.. She's gone... She eyed the dead hippie. [i]She's gone..[/ied in Those two words repeated in her head in despair. The woman who took her in to the Titans, who was nice to her..The first member she met..Gonee...

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/25/2010, 1:32 am

Alice tried to fight her way through the crowds, she tried to make her way to the scene, to see what had happened. She heard soft crying. "Get out of my way, get out! Make way! Everyone beat it!" She yelled trying to force her way through. She pulled out her MP5K and shot a burst of 9mm's into the air. That freaked the crowd out and they brushed past her. Alice stood nearly twenty-five feet from the scene. Blood was splashed over all the walls and ground. Her head was spinning, her heart was in her shoes, and she must come back down. Legs weak, she swayed to Batman. Fireworks seemed to be going off around her; but she wasn't too sure what that was. She tried saying something, Batgirl looked at Alice and stood up. "Alice.." She uttered compassionately to her. "Hehe.. Hahah..." Alice lightly laughed tripping and falling in a pool of blood. "Hahah... Ahahahaah.... Ahahahahaha hahaha hah aahahaha hahahahahahahah!! AHAHAHAHAHA!" The fireworks she heard was her heartbeat, popping, pounding, thrashing, coursing through her body. Tears of course. Her laughter turned into screams of agony as she crawled to her best friend. She stole Karmy from Cyrah for a moment, looked at her. "How many times do I have to tell you!? How many fucking times do I have to tell you, Karmy?!" Alice demanded: that being some of the last words she said to Karmy. She held tightly to Karmy and knew what she must have felt like two years ago on this position. Regret consumed her body and began eating at her energy, she should have let Karmy have her way more often, she wanted to give her things she didn't need, she wanted to give Karmy everything and would have done anything just to see her smile one last time. "You can't leave me like this." She whispered in Karmy's ear. "You didn't even say good-bye. I love you Karmy, how could you? How dare you?! Dammit you can't leave me! No..." Her voice shook through liquid glass. Her body felt weak, she felt sick to the stomach, Alice wept, gagged over her phlem, hyperventalating, pain ringing in her shrieks.

"Batman... what's a friend?" Alice asked as she calmed down still holding tightly onto Karmy. "A soul that resides in two bodies." Batman responded resting a shoulder over Alice's shoulder. Alice looked up at Batman, she knew they had to keep pressing on. That instilled a fear in her. The fear that she would have to live life without her. Alice wished she had smiled in the first picture she took with the camera.

"KARMY!" Karmy heard her name being called and turned over as she fell. So surprised to see Malice she
forgot to make a portal. She landed on Malice.

"PLuAGH!!!!!! Ow! Gosh what's up with you?! Gone suicidal already!?" Malice hissed at her, and slowly got up in pain. The bullet wound had reopened and Karmy was clutching it tightly in pain as she stood. "No! I was just haveing a bit of fun is all!"
"Fun!? Jumping off buildings is fun? Geez what's wrong with you kids these days.." Malice noticed the blood spilling from Karmy's fingers. "Oh my
word!" She picked her up and ran into the tower. Karmy was getting dizzy from the bloodloss and vertigo.
"Heh.. It's fun." she said looking wearly
up at Malice.

"I should take ya sometime."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/25/2010, 10:09 am

When Alice took Karmy from her, Cyrah had never felt this alone. Living in cages all her life, she had never had close bonds like she had in the past two years. And now she had lost one of the people that had helped turn the hell of her life around. She had lost her be-

It then struck Cyrah like a train. She didn't loose Karmy.

Karmy was TAKEN. Slade TOOK Karmy from this world. Everything that had gone wrong recently had Slade's hand in it somewhere. And now he had struck the last straw. To her self, Cyrah swore to make Slade pay for what he had done. Nobody noticed her as she slunk off, the anguish in her heart now replaced by a new feeling. It had been replaced with hate- buring raging hatred, all fo it directed at Slade. She drifted throught the shadows of the back alleys, her body still covered in blood. But she only had one focus right now. Finding Slade.

And killing him.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/25/2010, 11:52 am

"Oh...God..." Astro, just arriving, saw the dead body of what used to be Karmy and shivered. He hadn't known her well, but she had shown to be a constantly bubbly and energetic member of their team, ready to take on anything. Despite getting severly injured in most of her efforts.

But, he thought, at least she tried. It made him poignant to know this girl who always tried wouldn't get to try any more. To know there was one less hero on Earth.

Unless...

He realized, perhaps grimly, he had the ability to save her. Sure, his healing was based on stealing other's lifeforce, but with just enough he could revive her. It'd just take more people's lives than it usually did. It didn't seem fair, he knew, to sacrifice several other's lives for this one young woman's, but she deserved a life.

Yet, then again, didn't everyone?

Who knew who it'd be next, a child's last guardian, a woman's best friend, a beloved husband...This led him to think just how it was he "Healed" others. He garnered their chi randomly, storing it in himself for a brief minute before transferring it into the injured person. Chi often slipped through his fingers, staying within him, to the point he had saved up a kind of back-up reservoir for himself. Combined with his own, he slowly revelated, it would be more than enough to resurrect Karmy. It was the best solution he could come up with, at the cost of his own worthless meager life in the place of several innocent civilians, the heroine before him would return. And keep on trying.

After all...

He stepped forward, in front of all the others.

With all the people I've hurt...

"I can save her." He announced.

What's one more life gone?

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/25/2010, 9:35 pm

11/16/31
3:30 pm
Light Rain

Alice looked at Astro, then to Batman who stood up and nodded at Astro and shot a line. "Where are you going?" Batgirl asked. "To turn myself in." Batman explained, "Wintergreen needs me. Nicole needs me." With that he was hoisted into the air rapidly. "She doesn't need a father in jail Dick!!" Batgirl yelled after him.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/25/2010, 10:29 pm

Astro took the uneasy silence as the chance to work. He knelt before the body, surveying the worst of the damage. "Not too bad, not as bad as I'd expected..." He murmured, more to console himself than anything.

He took a deep breath. He had lived a good life. Saved lives, took lives. This was a great way to go, he thought grimly, saving somebody else. The bubbly, loved, vengeful hippie with the bag. He nearly laughed, when he thought that. Even in death, she held the old pack in a choke hold. The youth recalled how, without it, her eye's had gone dull and sunken in, her whole personality gone bleak. Why was it?

He knew it didn't really matter, considering he was about to die anyway, but something about it bothered him. What was it about that bag? It had a part of her...A part of...

Her soul!

With that in mind, he realized: There was a way both he and her could live! A wave of relief hit him, followed by a burning guilt at the first emotion. An eager light blue aurora already emitting from his hands, his nimble fingers quickly worked on taking the bag off of her.

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/25/2010, 10:51 pm

Alice eagerly looked upon Karmy then at Astro. "If I keep up in this hero business there will be way too many people I owe my life to." Alice said to him.

Batgirl angry and frustrated wanted to go after Dick, the crowd was gone and she felt really tempted to, but she knew she wasn't fit. Dizzy, Batgirl slumped next to Alice, Astro, Cassius, and Karmy.

Damian looked up into Gotham's sky. "Dammit. I hate the rain." He said walking to where The group of heroes were at. "You just know that recycled toilet fluids are washing down on you in Gotham." he explained to Nicole, certainly giving a new look on rain to her.

The police stood outside the light rain in their coats in front of the police station. Batman approached them, his hands raised in the air, he took off his cowl in front of them and tossed it at their feet as he got to the proper distance. "Cuff em." Commissioner of Police Arnold Flass ordered. Bard looked at Bat uneasily and did as he was told. Dick Grayson was lead into a small cell adjacent from Wintergreen's. "Glad to see you made it back in one piece sir." He sighed. "You too Wintergreen. Trials start tomorrow. They seem eager to put me in Arkham." Dick replied. "I know they will try their best to. You know of their claims of you and Nicole I take it?" Wintergreen asked. "Yeah. I'm already thinking of my defense."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/25/2010, 11:00 pm

Nicole frowned, upset Slade got away taking a life. She wasn't really in any mood and her father just went to turn himself. A sigh escaped her chapped lips, listening to his statement just ruined rain for her. "Did you really have to ruin my love for rain?" She muttered glancing at him.

Luna watched Astro try to revive Karmy, she remembered what he told her about healing. He must take someone's life in order to heal. She closed her eyes in hope Karmy would make it. Under her hood was a girl with streams of tears over her cheeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/25/2010, 11:13 pm

Karmy was long gone, her had stumped pumping so blood, however much left there was in her body, no longer flowed out. Her skin was ghostly white, well, she was dead after all. As Astro laid his hands upon Karmys bag, a strange gray glow began to flicker over it the olive green material and Karmy's closed eyes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/25/2010, 11:25 pm

Astro shook his head, "You don't owe me a thing." He replied to Alice firmly, picking through the bag gingerly. Finally, his hands came across what he needed. Or, more than what he needed.

Two flickering orbs came into view in his hands. Souls. One a flickering cool silvery gray, never changing, constant. It radiated energy. The other, more excited and boundless, changing colors every which way. Only bright colors, he noticed, lemony yellows and fiery reds. That one, the colorful one, had to be Karmy, he thought. And that was that, he decided, slipping the other one back where he had found it,

The body was still in terrible condition, he knew, far too horrid for the soul. It would take a bit of healing before he dare attempt a soul transfer. Especially one as tricky as this one was proving to be, the soul leaping and prancing in his grip. His mind was still on what he had realized-his own lifeforce energy and it's extra helping- and it took a burden off his head to know he could heal her without anyone but himself being injured.

Keeping a cautious but tight grip on the soul, his free hand pressed itself to Karmy's wrist. The usual electrifying surge of power flowed through Astro and into her. The wounds closed themselves, blood and skin slowly regenerating. Even her vividly colored hair gained a healthier, lush look to it. A sharp cracking sound filled the air as bones rebuilt themselves. The only injury he failed to remove was likely that scar, permanently embedded in her forehead.

Weary as hell, the blonde boy took a small shaky breath before proceeding. It had taken more out of him than expected. Not a problem. He urged himself, ignoring the pounding in his forehead. He held up the soul and pushed it against her torso. It easily phased in.

Color rushed back into her cheeks; A faint heartbeat slowly beginning.

Astro collapsed backwards, pointing to Karm. The small gesture was all he could manage before falling asleep.

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/25/2010, 11:42 pm

A twitch of a finger, a fluttering of the eyes, and a gasp escaped the body. "No.." Karmys voice said, but.. "No!" Sitting up, she clenced her fists and slammed them into the ground, already freaking out. "NO! DAMMIT!" she gripped her head in frustration and looked around at the people around her. "NO!!" she staggered up. Alice laid a hand on Karmy's shoulder. "Karmy, calm down, why are yo-" Karmy shrugged it off. "I'm not Karmy, Alice!" she turned to face the group. Something was different about her, the red streaks in her hair had turned green. "I'm Casey!"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/26/2010, 12:02 am

"What the hell..?" Alice asked in confusion. She felt a her heart that was on her sleeve crash back down, her chest hurt and caved in on the pain. "Casey!? What are you doing in your sister's body!?" Alice demanded. "And how the hell does it feel being in a chick's body?" Damian asked curiously.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/26/2010, 12:06 am

Luna surprised, she bent towards Astro helping him up. "How the hell is this happening?!" She said surprised.

Robin elbowed Damian's side, "Why the hell are you asking that?" She muttered staring at Casey who was in Karmy's body. This is so weird...

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/26/2010, 12:11 am

Karmy, er.. Casey in Karmy's body sucker punched Damian in the face as hard as he could. "If you even THINK of doing or asking anything like that, I will make sure you end up in the middle of Antarctica!" he hissed and turned back to Alice. "I don't know, all I know is that I was.. Dead, and now I'm in my sister's body." he looked over at Astro. "A shaman? He must have grabbed my soul instead of Karmy's." he groaned and sat on the floor. "This is the second time I've been brought to life.."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 9/26/2010, 12:14 am

Astro is out cold.

Ivy clamped a hand over her mouth in utter shock. "But if you're...And she's... What the hell?!" She cried, unable to handle this much insanity in the last twenty four hours. "Somebody wake Astro up, he's gotta fix this. No offense to you Casey, but something tells me you'd rather be...uh, dead..."

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/26/2010, 12:17 am

"I'm trying." Luna muttered shaking the knocked out Astro, "Oh come on Astro, wake up." She said trying her best to wake him up. "He must've wasted a lot of energy.." She added, thinking to herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/26/2010, 12:25 am

"Damn, I was just asking how it felt." Damian muttered rubbing his eye under his mask. Oh right.. He's Red X.

"So what do we do?" Alice asked. "Obviously the two souls were intertwined in the bag and since there was only one vessel with the Anderson gene or spirit available, Astro mixed it up on the assumption of the colors of the souls. I'm going on a wild hunch and saying since Casey died happy his soul was more colorful, and since Karmy died... Well by .. Well... Uhh.. When Karmy died by Slade.. Her soul was.. Yeah. So it was more gray." Alice pondered. "So what do we do with you Casey? We can't do anything until Astro wakes up.. Do you want to roam Gotham to help stop what's been going on?" Alice offered. It seemed to her that Casey was more levelheaded than Karmy. It could be a plus for all she knew. Existentially of course. Casey could never replace Karmy.

Batgirl in the middle of all of this passed out from the dizziness and lack of blood. She needed medical attention along with Astro. They needed to head back to the Batcave as soon as possible.

Rose crept up to Cyrah. "You're going to find my father? Aren't you?" She asked her. "I'm coming."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/26/2010, 1:34 am

Nicole was tempted to punch Damian, "Shut up." She muttered crossing her arms. Her eyes trailed over to him, seeing if he was okay from the had punch, she couldn't help, but to be concern. Light droplets of rain tapped on her shoulder, leaving wet spots. Her hair was getting a bit moist on the top from it.

John watched the group silently, he didn't know how to react. He was just another person not needed, he guessed. He was after all there because of Luna.

Luna sighed, holding onto Astro still. "We should head out already." She muttered seeing Batgirl faint. "I can teleport us." She offered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 9/26/2010, 7:46 am

"None taken, Ivy. I would rather be dead, it's supposed to be that way." Casey sighed. "And it looks like I have no choice. The only other person that I could think of to help us is the man who gave us the bag.. But I have no idea where he is." he stood up. "It looks like y'all are having quite the load of problems." he speculated.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/26/2010, 8:22 am

Cassius stared at Carmy [Casey+Karmy] like he/she had an extra batch of heads. Around Karmy he had certaintly HEARD plenty about Casey, but never really met him except for breifly two years ago. as he continued to observe Carmy, he noticed something else. "Aw sh*t, where did Sarah go?" He asked, glancing around to se eif she had jsut melted into the crowd or something......

Zero, on the other hand, knew Casey QUITE well, the two having spent four years together. "Damn man, is that you?" He asked, finding it a tad odd to be encountering his friend in his other freind's body. Well, freid wasn't as probably correct of a term as cousin anymore. Friendly cousins. Frusins.

Cyrah looked at Rose with her remaining eye. "You sure you want to do that? I plan to KILL that man." She asked coming to a halt. She secretly wanted Rose to come- she needed a wingman, someone she could rely on, someone that would be there with her. But at the same time she didn't want to drag her Father or Brother in- Dad had enough on his plate with Karmy's death, and Matty wouldn't let her do soemthing like get her vengance.......

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 9/26/2010, 8:51 am

"Well you can't kill him. Not alone at least, and it looks like you need another eyeball." Rose said pointing out that they each had only one eye. She wiped off the oncoming rain and nodded to Cyrah.

Alice picked up Batgirl and eyed Casey. "Technically, both of you are supposed to be dead." Alice corrected Casey. "C'mon Luna. Teleport us back."

Damian lightly punched Nicole's shoulder. "I thought you were on my side." He muttered.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 9/26/2010, 9:30 am

Rose could help but be a tiny bit glad that Rose wanted to come. "Thanks." Cyrah said, grateful. as the rain drizzled down, the blood ebgan to wash off of Cyrah's armor. It wiped it off physically, but the blood was something that would remain in her nightmares for years. A staunch reminder of why she was setting out to get Slade in the first place. "You're probably more familiar with how Slade acts then I am- any idea where he would scurry off to?" She asked Rose.

Cassius nodded. "Yeah, we gotta get out of here- standing around here with our thumbs in our butts isn't going to do us any good, especially if the cops or newscrews show up." he said in agreement. He figured that Sarah was a big girl, and could get back to the bunker if need be.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top