The Darkest of Knights

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by Vandal on 6/27/2010, 1:52 am

Barbara narrowed her eyes, she didn't want to talk about her father, she hadn't even planned the funeral yet; so much was going on, she simply just didn't have the time. Not even time to mourn for his death. She felt insulted, she felt exposed. It infuriated her that he would so nonchalantly bring the topic to the table, and if that's all he wanted to talk about, judging by the tone and sudden switch in topic, she wasn't going to take it. She shot up from her seat, her jaw dropped, she was involuntarily shaking her head in disapproval. "You don't ever talk about my dad." Barbara seethed. "Babs.." Dick said in a reasoning tone, "Barbara..." He pleaded. "Don't Barbara me, Dick!" She snapped at him, glaring at Thorne she stormed off. Dick looked down in disappointment. "Uh, you have to understand, she was really close to her father. She doesn't take his death lightly at all." He explained.

Alice pulled up to two familar figures, she rolled down the window and greeted them. "Hey, you look like you two could use a ride." Alice smiled at them.

"Thank you Zero, Luna." She said as feeling returned to her legs, "We take a right from here and up the stairs."

In Max Lecter's office he was on the phone screaming. "You said Metallo would take care of things! And look at the bang up job Knightmare is doing! Where the f*ck are my guards?! These supers are invading my building as we speak and they're gonna kill me!"

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 6/27/2010, 2:26 am

"It was never my intention to upset her." Thorne actually sounded apologetic, though it was hard to tell if he was lying through his teeth, it was the nature of a snake after all. "I hope you'll give her my apologies, I didn't know the wound was still fresh." Thorne looked to Grayson. "I simply came to offer my condolences, you understand, as well as any assistance I could offer. Jim Gordon and I may not have been friends exactly, but he and I were... similar in many ways. He and I were the last of our kind, and now that he's gone can't help but feel that, well, Gotham is a very different place without him." As Thorne spoke Roxie took the opportunity to slip off from the group she knew her boss had come here to talk to the Gordon girl, but there were simply something that Rupert Thorne wasn't capable of, certain things required a more feminine touch. The raven haired chauffeur slipped off in quiet pursuit of Barbara.

Meanwhile Thorne continued to express his remorse, "I'd like to help find his killer in anyway I can, and quiet frankly there are somethings which the police simply can't do, particularly here in Gotham."
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 6/27/2010, 8:48 am

Cassius, despite being hung over like cheap trousers, was sharp enough to know when more then one thing was going on. He saw the chaufer take off after Barbara, and he figured that it wasn't coincidence. He slowly slunk back, finding his way to his suit. All he needed was the sound amps in his helmet- which would let him spy on any conversation that suited him....

"Yeah, I beleive this needs rest." Cyrah said, plopping Karmy into the car, "As for me, there is a small war calling my name down the street." She said, and took off towards the S.T.E.A.M building.

[not gonna be in today, y'all know what to do.]
[mind if I reprise my role as Metallo?]

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 6/27/2010, 10:16 am

"I'm sorry Mr. Thorne, I appreciate your offer, but I'm far too familiar with your..." Dick still tried to be polite, but there was no other way to explain it, "...criminal activity, and believe it or not, Babs is more familiar with your relationship with her father than you think." He said slightly referring to their adventures as the bats. "If she wants to find this Metallo, she has the computer savvy and the means to track him down." He said trying his hardest to deny all his offers, and yet trying to figure out other motives Thorne would want from Barbara. He knew Thorne wouldn't waste his time if he didn't have a plan, and he knew there was some other incentive.

Barbara stride through the halls and up the stairs. Footsteps, heavier than Nicole's, lighter than Dick's, not Wintergreen, Thorne's not following me, its his assistant. I swear I'm going to punch her face and break her nose. She gave Dick that look. Inside, she knows she deserves it. Barbara whipped around to face her. "What do you want?" She demanded.

"Small.. War?" Alice asked not quite ready to leave.

[Not at all red!]

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 6/27/2010, 10:44 am

"Oh, thank you." Astro said, taking the dragons claw and crossing safely with the others.
---
Upstairs? What about the exit? Ivy wondered, bewildered. She could faintly hear shouting from upstairs, and she had a feeling things would take a more quiet turn soon. Don't question Raven. she reminded herself, Raven was a hero long before she was.
----
Knightmare strolled up from the alleyway beside S.T.E.A.M. The recently extinguished flames and the fact half of the place was destroyed warned her something was going on. And she was about to join in. The rouge stepped into the building, as calmly as if she were walking into a candy store.

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 6/27/2010, 11:59 am

"Yeah Ali Al al!" Karmy laughed, delerious. "Its like all.. BOOM! And BIFF POW, WAP, SOCK!" she sluggishly punched the air as if hitting bad guys. "Take tha'! I'ma gonna go back and yeah!" she snapped her fingers and portaled into the middle of the fray. "Where's the medicine in this place?" she asked the guards, feeling like she was going to hurl again.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 6/27/2010, 12:15 pm

Her legs were feeling significantly better, she stood up, "Thank you Zero." She said shaking it off. Her hands weren't any better, no matter. Raven led the Midnight Riders closer to the screaming, she motioned everyone to keep quiet as she crept closer to the door, the screams made it evident that he was Max Lecter. "Ivy, Luna, cut off all entrances to his office, use any means necessary, all force is authorized." She whispered to them, "Zero, can your eyes handle one more hypnosis?" She asked refering to Lecter.

"Karmy what the hell!?" Alice screamed before it was too late, "Ugh!!"

The guard took no chances and gun whipped Karmy across the face. "Hostile down! Get someone to pick her up! We gotta move!"

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 6/27/2010, 12:31 pm

"Hey I'ma not the one bein hostile..." Karmy staggered up and poked the guard in the face. "You know whats hostile?" she whispered to him. "Lions and tigers and bears.. Oh My!" and she snapped her fingers, sending three of the guards to the San Diego zoo, each landing in a different cage.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 6/27/2010, 1:07 pm

The gaurds shot at the animal instantly, a fourth guard fired at Karmy's hand with a handgun. "Where did you send them?!" He screamed at her pointing his gun at her other hand, "Where are they?!" He demanded.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinisa on 6/27/2010, 1:36 pm

Ivy nodded, her way of saying a quick, "Yes ma'm." She turned to another entrance and decided how to block it. Fire, no. Too much smoke. No water in the air from the earlier fires. She settled on piling up debris and smelting it against the entrance. Blocked.
---
Astro stood, not sure what he could do to help.
---
Knightmare stormed through, glaring at everyone who dared glance her way. She stopped in front of a guard, and looked down upon him with cold eyes. "What the hell is going on?" she demanded.

Global Mod
Global Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 6/27/2010, 1:48 pm

San Diego Zoo officials beat and arrested the STEAM guards. Karmy fell to her knees, gripping her injured hand, blood pouring out. "A place that animals like you belong, the zoo." she grinned through the pain. "They were either mauled or arrested by now".

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 6/27/2010, 2:22 pm

The guard shot Karmy in the other hand, "Bring them back right now or I'll shoot you in your head you hear me?! I'll shoot you in your goddamn head!! Bring them back this instant!" He yelled at her, Karmy didn't do anything, "You think I'm bluffing?!" He pulled the hammer back.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 6/27/2010, 2:58 pm

Karmy was holding her pretty much mangled hands close to her body. She couldn't feel them, they were numb, white and shaking like no other. "Heheehehe you're the dumbass!" she laughed up at him. "Shoot me! I cant bring them back, you ahahahahha SHOT MY HANDS!!"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 6/27/2010, 4:19 pm

"What the hell?!" He screamed, finger on the trigger, "That's it! I've had enough of your bullsh-" a hand came down on The Guard's gun and another to his face. Alice sweeped the guard off his feet then kicked his head in. She tipped her fedora and straightened her button down, cracking her neck. She looked at Karmy. "Next time, just stay in the car." Alice said.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 6/27/2010, 4:47 pm

"Heh... I dont like car unless I'm drivin' 'em." she looked around, as if she was confused. "Somethings... Not right." she looked down at her hands. "Oh right! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 6/27/2010, 5:46 pm

"Karmy, what the hell happened to yo hands? What did this guy do?" She asked taking his USP and holding it at a fourty-five degree angle and sweeping the area, making sure it was secure, sweat stained her clothes and she didn't feel comfortable in her jeans. It has more resistance than her tights do.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 6/27/2010, 6:38 pm

"Oh they just shot my hands." Karmy giggled and examined her hands. No mistake about it, they were messed up baaad. Blood coated every inch and it continued to flow down her arms and drip on the floor as she shook. The bones were splintered out and a few were just completely gone so, no matter how much she tried, she couldn't move them. The bullets had passed through her hands and she held them up, she could see straight through them. A faint blue glow flickered occasionally. "Me thinks theres something wrong Al." she continued to giggle, unaware of the pain. For the moment.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 6/27/2010, 6:53 pm

"Wether or not I can is a moot point- I'd say I don't have much of a choice." Zero told raven. His eyes were still in a lot of pain, but he had to grit his teeth and bear with it for now.

As everyone jsut up and ditched her, Cyrah looked up and pointed at the sun. "You..... you have something against me, dont'cha?" She absently asked nobody in particular before she tore off back down the street towards STEAM.

[thnx mercy]

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 6/27/2010, 8:10 pm

"Oh sh*t, you've gone into shock." Alice panicked. "C'mon, we have to move." She pressured, "On your feet, let's go buddy!" She said forcing Karmy up. A guard was running, he spotted the two, but before he could say anything Alice plugged a round into his shoulder, he screamed in pain, like a little girl, he yelped. Alice ran up and kicked him over. "Let's go!"

Raven nodded and kicked open the room. Max looked behind him. "Holy sh*t..!" He screamed, and put the phone down. "Who.. Who are you two?" He asked them. Raven held her shaking hands up. "Now Zero."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 6/27/2010, 8:14 pm

"Please, I never thought to call either of you fools. I'm certain Miss Gordon has more than a idea as to who I am and what I am capable of, I've been a part of this city since this manor was owned by the first Waynes, I know what first brought you to this house Mr. Grayson, and for the record, he wasn't one of mine." Something about Thorne seemed to have shifted, it wasn't instantly obvious, and his tone had only really lost its apologetic taste. The crime lord reached into his pocket, and left his hand there just long enough to let his audience wonder what he was reaching for, before taking out a harmless cigar, well maybe not entirely harmless it was Cuban. "I don't suppose you have a match?" Thorne said with a bit of a smirk on his lips.

Roxie immediately put her hands up as though she were held at gun point. "Don't shoot." She said with an ounce of glib. "Look, I just wanted to talk, girl to girl as it were. Maybe give you a chance to understand why Rupert came here in the first place."
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 6/27/2010, 8:23 pm

"Just...." Zero slid his goggles down, simultaneously using his powers to kill the lights. "....take a seat." Zero said, using his hypnotic influnce as best he could on Lecter.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 6/27/2010, 10:09 pm

"Whos gettin' shocked?" Karmy asked as she tried to keep her balance. She spotted Cyrah running. "Cyssy!" she called out to her. "Look at this awesome gore!" she showed her her hands. "On of the guards heheheh.."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 6/28/2010, 12:21 am

11/11/31
08:45
Weather is cold, yet dry.

If Thorne was armed he could take him, he was sure he could. But he hadn't heard Thorne's footsteps yet, he couldn't tell if he was carrying or not."I'm sorry, Mr. Thorne. We don't. Alice is the only smoker here." Dick said rather bitterly as he held onto Nicole's hand for support and humanization. He was about to crack, and he needed his daughter to keep him in check.

"Okay, entertain me. Why did Thorne come here? Hmm?" Barbara asked as her patiences was being tested, she crossed her arms and tapped her foot expecting a good answer.

Lecter obeyed Zero and Raven locked the doors, she raised her hands and darkened the room further with her powers so it would be easier on Zero's eyes. "Ask him where the weapon is and what its capable of at this stage in it's development. We need his incentives and everything." Raven said looking out the windows, SWAT was on the roof attempting to secure the area and insure Lecter's safety. Just then a call came through Raven's communicator. "Cy to Rae, Cy to Rae, do you copy?" Cyborg's voice chimed. "Not now Cyborg, busy!" Raven responded angrily.

"Karmy keep your head down!" Alice pressured more as her safety was getting more and more strained. A sound then rang through the halls and the three girls huddled together, it was high pitched, yet sounded like something was being charged up and ready to fire. Alice was familiar with the sound. Sonar goggles, you could see in the dark, through walls, anywhere. Men wearing these goggles came through the room in black tights and tactical gear came rushing out with automatic assault rifles screaming orders. "Put the gun down! Put it down! On your knees! Now!!" They screamed at Alice, Cyrah, and Karmy.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 6/28/2010, 12:40 am

"I don't want to go on my knees anymore..." Karmy held up her hands in surrender. "I'll just get on my back, so much easier.." she fell back, sttill in shock.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 6/28/2010, 1:17 am

Roxie lowered her hands and leaned up against the wall. "Look the truth is Thorne and your father didn't happen to have too many dealings at all, your dad was an honest cop, and Thorne is an old school mobster, but just because they didn't like each other doesn't mean Thorne didn't have respect for him. I think Thorne always thought of Jim as sort of his adversary, he always thought that no matter what he did Jim Gordon would be there trying to catch him, because no matter what he did, your dad always tried to do what was right. There may have others, Harvey Dent for one, but they went as quickly as they came. Your dad was different, he was a good man and my boss always respected him as such." The raven haired gang-girl crossed her arms over her chest and sighed quietly. "But Rupert's not as young as he used to be, and with your dad gone Gotham's changing. Thorne is old school, he'll fight for what he's made after he's got two feet in the grave, but I don't if he can change with the city. Jim Gordon's gone, and Thorne just wants to make sure that the last ounce of good in this city leaves with him. We're mobsters honey, not monsters."

Rupert smirked a little, putting his cigar back in his pocket. "Alright, I can tell you don't like me much kid." Thorne chuckled lightly, trying to displace some of the tension from the room. "But we don't have to be enemies you know. I know people who can go places you could never even fathom exist in this city. I have connection from the most scum ridden alley to the mayor's office and beyond. I could be powerful enemy, or a powerful friend. It's up to you to decide which."
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top