The Darkest of Knights

Page 5 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Darkest of Knights

Post by redeagle321 on 5/12/2010, 3:52 pm

Slade gnashed his pincers happily together. "Excelent work, my dear." He said to the smiling girl whose lap he adorned. She seemed quite the little actor. All the better- it showed she had experience with such things. He watched the seedy city out the window as they approached the harbor, the tang of the smelly docks reaching.... whatever it was he used to smell. (He gave up figuring that bit out years ago)

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 5/12/2010, 4:06 pm

"Bamboozling cops is easy Mr.Slade, it's the bamboozling masked vigilantes that I have trouble with"

Mame snickered a bit, reaching into one of her skirt pockets and pulling out a wade of cash, the licked her thumb and pulled out a few bills before shoving the rest of the cash back into her pocket. When the taxi came to a stop the pakistani man turned around, only to jerk back into his seat. Mame had placed Slade down on the leathery seats and had climbed up between the passenger seat and the drivers seat, her hand lifted to the man to hand him his cash.

The man sang out in some garbled english and she nodded, leaning back and picking up Slade gently, she waved happily to the taxi driver as she climbed out of the cab and watched him drive away quickly. She looked back up to the empty warehouse and grinned, holding Slade up to it like a gift she was presenting to some deity.

" Home sweet home, it may look dirty but I promise we have a kitchen and an office to stash our fire arms...I haven't been able to find the janitors closet yet so i don't recommend going into the office"

Mame rambled weakly as she placed the spider like being on her shoulder and went about picking the lock, she popped open the door after a little while and quickly closed it behind her, letting the dust filled pale dark of the large empty building crush around them like a ravenous.

" I'm no Lex Luthor but, it keeps the rain off my head"

She gestured to it and grimly began to march forward across the large empty concrete stretch of floor, back towards the kitchen where she could flick on some lights, it'd be their base of operation for now, at least until she could find a nicer place and kill whoever lived there.
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 5/12/2010, 6:06 pm

Slade glanced about the warehouse as he and Mame entered. It reminded him cozily of his own old hideout, before Terra blew it up. Ah, those were the days. A leaky roof, cinderblock bitching all the time, a horde of yes-men drones at his command.... ah, good times, good times.

As he continued to bask in the nostalgia, remembering the time he summoned an alien horde to earth and stole the ttian's powers, [brownie points to whoever gets this reference] he scuttled atop mame's head. "Tell me child, what combat experience do you have?" Slade asked. He figured he would best start form the top if he was going to try and help her take down the batman.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 5/12/2010, 6:20 pm

Mame had to think about this, combat? She had never really been in actual combat....Ok that was a lie, she'd murdered people, fought other mobs, she'd gone toe to toe with the Bat for about....twelve minutes. The most fantastic twelve minutes of her life! She'd fought before, but it had been so long, nearly a year since she had last had a fight. But her muscles twitched, waking into dull throbs as the memory of stances, how hard she needed to press herself to knock a man out with a kick. It was all coming back to her.

" I was trained in a kick boxing style for about 6 years, but I haven't used it in about one...I'm a little rusty Mr. Slade...Sorry"

Mame opened the door to the kitchen and flipped the light switch, grimacing as the artificial lighting flickered to life. The little room was modest but clean, evidence of her last tantrum shown in the scratch marks on the tacky wall paper behind the shifted fridge.

[ Short post sorry guys!]

Last edited by Mame on 5/13/2010, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 5/12/2010, 7:42 pm

Slade rubbed his chin with his foreleg. "Well, fret not my dear- Beneath this peckish carapace was once a grand fighter. I can train you, and teach you to hone your skills. Would that be worth something to you?" Slade offered. Back it off, Slade. You know what your apprentices allways do to you- stab you in the back. He thought to himself.

But Slade honestly wanted to beleive this would be different- these past two rotten years, not even living as a man, but a goddamn INSECT, competeing with rats for a place to sleep and racoons for food, was dehumanizing and disgraceful. The thought of giving it one more go was too tempting to pass off.

[Meh, it was the best I could do.]

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 5/12/2010, 11:13 pm

"Well Cy, I think Casius here is more terrified of porter potty's after the incident in Georgia." Karmy laughed.

"Though.. It really wasn't smart to do it AFTER the concert..." Both Cyrah and Casius cringed at the memory.

(About a year ago: Somewhere in Georgia)

Casius, Ghost, Cyrah and Karmy were currently standing in a mud filled parking lot, shouting and hooting at the band up on stage. Cyrah and Karmy danced around, splashing merrily in the mud while Casius and Ghost simply just rocked out. "These guys are kick ass!" Casius shouted over the music. "You know what would make it even better man?" Ghost gave a sly smile and they both snuck away while the two girls where distracted by the music. Later, when Cyrah was in the middle of doing 'the robot', she noticed that her dad and Ghost were gone. "Oh geeze where'd they go?" she looked around pulled Karmy with her.

They spent all night searching until they came across the two men, passed out drunk and about 100 beer bottles next to each of them. "Tsk tsk.." Karmy said kicking Ghost and getting no response. "Ok Cyrah, ready for a lesson on how to handle this kinda situation?" she smiled and Cyrah nodded.

"First things first. Glue, and lots of it." Karmy pulled out her glue and glued the two men together. She added some of the beer bottles for design.

"Second. Permanent marker." she withdrew two from her bag and handed one to Cryah.

"Third is a little finesse. I think.." she looked around. "Aha! Potter Pottys should work nicely!" and together cyrah and Karmy dragged the two men into the outdoor restrooms. When they opened the doors, they had to take a few steps back because the smell was down right rank! "Oh geeze.. They're gonna kill us." Cyrah said, trying not to breath in through her nose as they shoved them in. "Yush they will.... But this is just too much fun! They deserve it." Cyrah welded the door shut.

"And now for the finale!" Karmy and Cyrah both rammed into the plastic building, sending it tumbling down the hill.

Back in the present, Cyrah and Karmy were both rolling around on the floor in remembrance, clutching their sides in pain from laughing too much.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 5/13/2010, 12:43 am

Batman held Alice back, a finger to his lips signaling her too keep quiet. He wanted to stay as quiet as possible and hopefully avoid making contact. A SWAT member marched slowly by, Alice could hear her heart beat faster and faster; she closed her eyes, sweat beading down her forehead. Holding her breath...

One Year, Six Months Earlier-

The night sky flashed lighting, but no rain fell, ominous clouds circled the City of Gotham. Alice landed next to Batman and Batgirl. This was Barbara's first time in years that she was able to stand on her feet in the costume she had made as a young adult. She was more surprised that she was actually fitting in the costume than she was out of her wheel chair. They looked at Batgirl for a second, she was breathing heavily. "Are you sure you're up for this Babs?" Alice asked sneaking closer to her. "Call me Batgirl." She said looking at Alice. "Are you up for this? Batgirl?" Alice repeated. "You have no idea."

Batman was holding his ear, "Robin, come in Robin."
"Nicole here!"
"Go by Robin please."
"Oh right, I'm on my way Dick!"
"Call me Batman please."
"Oh sorry! Cut me some slack, its my first week on the job."
"Regardless. I'm Batman, you're Robin."
"Got it... Batman."

Robin snickered a little to herself as she made her way to the rest of the Batman Family. This would be the first night of patrol on Gotham City as a complete Family; they always were a family, but they had never been in costume at the same time. The Bat Signal beamed into the Dark Night Sky. "Okay then," Batman said looking at the signal with his family, determination and adrenaline pumped through their vains, "let's pay Commissioner Gordon a visit."

---

The SWAT snapped around as he heard the laughter from Karmy and Cyrah, Batman had to act quick, before he called in backup. He was facing away from Batman, he quickly grabbed the man's shoulders and pulled him back, frightening the SWAT he kicked the back of the man's leg in forcing him to his knees. Before he could scream in pain Batman swung his arm to his head, knocking him out quickly and silently.

He looked at the mangled body and then at Alice, he was breathing hard, and one eye was closed while the other was half open. Look back at the body, Alice, body, shakes head. "He's still alive." Batman assured her. "I know." Alice responded confidently.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 5/13/2010, 9:42 am

Cyrah nearly flipped when she heard the scuffle below. She was about to run and see, but Casius quickly slapped a hand to their mouths. Quickly shushing the two, he got back into an observation position, and waved for the girls to do the same. He secretly wished to be found anyways- his brains were turnning to porridge from all of this watching and waiting. Ghost was the one that could wait patiently and then snipe a target right between the eyes- Casius wasn't happy unless he was throwing something big at someone. But he knew enough to not go making trouble when he didn't have to, and continued to sit and wait.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 on 5/13/2010, 10:11 am

(Slade's a spider?! O-o)

~Garry Jones
Corvus31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 5/13/2010, 10:15 am

[technically, yeah.]

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 5/13/2010, 10:17 am

(@Corv For two years. Read the Character Sheet.)

(@Red I'm confused with your post.. What scuttle happened on ground level o_o? Was that my post?)

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 5/13/2010, 11:20 am

[Yeah, the bit with batman grabing the officer.]

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus31 on 5/13/2010, 11:32 am

(sry! im still tryin to get the hang of the whole grammar thing!)

After they finished explaining everything to the butler, they asked a few questions, said farewell, and decided to head on home. As they were heading home they noticed civilians running in the opposite way, screaming their heads off. Curious to know what the whole commotion was about, they ran in the direction of the panic, occasionally bumping to several people along the way. when they saw the sorce of the terror the two stopped in their tracks.

~Garry Jones
Corvus31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 5/13/2010, 11:40 am

(Okay here's where I have to explain things cause things are never clear in RPs, and no one person is thinking the same exact thing, but this is what I had in mind: The Ropers are on the west side of the town square on top of the roofs, Batman and Alice are on the East side on top of the roofs, Batgirl and Robin are on the south ground floor waiting for the tent to be taken down. The tent covers the entire square. The Midnight Riders are on the North roofs. Batman preformed a silent takedown, the guard only looked at your direction because how loud the laughter was described by Karmy..)

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 5/13/2010, 11:47 am

(@Corv: But that still doesn't solve how they figured out Wintergreen's name or how they knew he was Batman's new butler.)

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 5/13/2010, 12:56 pm

The lithe juvenile observed the skittering being as she placed him on the kitchen counter, her eyes were hard for a moment, prying, as if her optics could pry apart his hard exterior and see through him to his intentions. She wanted this to be real, part of her warned her to be careful, not to let anything get too close, others were just cheap usable pleasures for momentary stimulation.

The Mame snapped to attention and knelt down, placing her fingers on the ledge of the counter as she leaned down and placed a small chaste kiss on the arachnids grizzled features. If she had felt happy leaving Arkham, giddy, like she was flying and the jolting feeling in her gut was utter joy pooling within her weary overly used soul, it was nothing compared to now.

She wanted to cry, but she was never that sentimental, crying was spared for the times when she needed to release pain, she was anything but in pain now. She leaned back and nodded a few times, signaling to Slade that yes, it was worth something to her, she wanted to be stronger, to be better. Now she had a purpose to be so, instead of a self proclaimed need for vengeance upon a man she had only ever met once.

A year previous...

Mame sat in a stinky plastic chair, there were finger nail marks in the sides of it, rubbing against her bare upper arms, agitating her medicated self. She was sitting in a nice circle, across from her was one Pamela Isley, next to her the groups shrinks Dr. Leland, the majority of the group was just no named thugs that Arkham had picked up off the streets. But along with Pamela was Jonathan and Jervis, the personalities were so different and somewhat complimentary to each other that there was no need to worry about a fright breaking out amongst the more famous psychos sitting in their own penciled, sad little kindergarten grade chairs.

The blond stick had been asked. ' Why is it you sought out gratification via combating with a vigilante' Mame understood why Dr.Leland had worded it this way, she didn't want to get anyone ranting but just spewing out the name ' Batman' The youth totally got what she wanted her to say, but Mame was spiteful and well...She blamed Dr.Leland for all the ridiculous medications she had been pumped full of.

" I sought out the Batman because he deserves our justice"
" You justice? What makes you say 'our'? And how do you feel your rights take priority over the law"
" Our justice, me and every other masked criminal, who gets beaten by him every damn time we enter your 'normal' society? Us, anyone that's too different or....or unique"
"Tsk"
" Pamela? You have something to share?"
"Who are you kid? To talk about all of us as if you've been around enough to know what your saying?"
"I..."
"Chances are the Batman doesn't even recognize you as a threat at all, you're just some punk kid who scored a costume and OH alright!"

Two orderlies had approached with a specialized dosage of tranquilizer for Poison Ivy, holding their hands up as their eyes warned her to calm down, she ruffled and crossed her arms sitting back in her tiny chair and glaring at no one in particular. Dr. Lelands eyes were trained on the seemingly struggling form of the young blond staring down at the ugly tiles of the group therapy room.

" Miss. Pamela...you were caught by him a few days ago just like me right?"
"Huh?Yeah what of it?"
" Who's the one with the broken arm and collar bone?"

That had earned her a punch in the eye, and then she had been sent to stew in her own maddened loneliness, mostly because it seemed every inmate she encountered she upset one way or another.

Current time...

She had never met anyone who had genuine interest in her, other then Big Boss Mason, but that was for personal gain, Mame figured it might be the same for this tiny monster, but she just couldn't bring herself to dwell. She leaned over Slade while leaning against the counter, her bangs falling down around her face.

She shook her head as the mounting sensation of a purpose, a fate, washed over her, how was it possible a few little words could effect her so drastically, she was a fool. She looked into the cold expressionless face of her new family, fighting back the water that visible welled up in her pale blue eyes. Mame reached up and peeled the domino mask away from her face, mouthing words silently as she continued to stare intently down at him.

" We will always have each other in our time of need, Daddy you're the world to me"
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 5/13/2010, 5:41 pm

Slade was initially.... confused. It had been so long since a person had really seemed to have any concern for him whatsoever. Not since his own daughter all those years ago, but he failed with her like he had all of his other students. Slade observed Mame, and wiped one of his forelegs under her eyes where a tear was begining to form. "And I for you, my dear." He said re-assuringly. He raised his head and looked at her long and hard, paying sharp attention to her outfit. "Hm, by the look of your outfit, I would say you didn't obtain it very long ago. And I can assume your recent injuries were obtained a few days ago, about the time Arkahm was raided.... and old inmate, perhaps?" Slade asked curiously. He wanted to know more of Mame- to know of her as a person would affect how best to train her.

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 5/13/2010, 7:16 pm

Jason Bard was a good cop. He did what he was told, and he did it well. He was an expendable, whatever needs to get done, he could do it. But he was doing something right now that went against everything he believed; he was tying down an actor to a chair. There were others doing the same thing, but something churned in his stomach that told him that this was deceptive. Luckily, he was close enough to Flass before he turned into The Chief of Police that he could talk with him whenever he wanted. He finished tying down the actor to an eccentric looking chair and found Flass. "Uhh, hey Flass." He asked running up to the Commissioner, tapping him on the shoulder.

"What, Bard?"
"I'm just feeling like this is wrong."
"You gotta break some eggs to make an omelet." He pulled a cigarette from his pocket.
"Yeah, I know that. But what if we're just... breaking eggs?"
"Look at your badge, Bard, what does that say?" He put the cigarette in his mouth.
"Serve and Protect."
"Exactly."

Bard stood there for a second as Flass lit his smoke and took a drag.

"Sorry to disagree sir, but that makes no sense. I mean look at this! We're working with jail breaks from Arkham! Sir, we're going over the edge with this."
"Over the edge, eh? I'll tell you what's over the edge, killing the damn Commissioner, that's what! I hadn't had a wink of sleep in the past two and a half days, and I ain't getting any until we get this sonuvabitch!"
"I believe we should capture and question The Batman sir, but I don't believe the ends justify the means."
"Then you can give me your badge, private."
"Come on Flass, look at yourself! You're working with, The Riddler? Poison Ivy? Scarecrow? Did you see what Poison Ivy did to Arkham by the way?"
"Then you can give me your badge, private."

Bard looked at Flass in the eyes, blank, unamused, serious. He looked down and noticed Flass had his hand out; his badge would fit ever so perfectly in his palm. What was meant more to him? The Right Thing to Do or His Only Job?

His fists clenched, shaking, quivering, teeth grinding. He raised his hand to his badge, unclipped it off. He looked at his badge, his reflection could be seen in sections of it. He couldn't recognize himself. His hand, clutching the badge, slowly moved to Flass' open palm. He grunted and turned away. The badge still in his hand. Flass smiled.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 5/13/2010, 8:22 pm

" About two days, out of Arkham...I was....concerned that you wouldn't want to work with me...If you knew I was...Criminally Insane"

The girl laughed softly and rested her chin on the ledge of the counter, just admiring the kind little thing as he questioned her, she didn't want to go into the details, even if he seemed so very eager to learn them. Mame didn't particularly find her past that brag worthy, her mental disorders and her shady tattered memories, it wasn't worth the time it'd take to tell him.

" I.....have disorders.....I can't focus for too long.....I'm obsessive compulsive.....A sociopath...I cannot function in human society"

Mame took a deep breath and tightened her fingers against the smooth surface of the counter, her eyes closing briefly as the sodium rich liquid seeped down her cheeks, staining her make up till it ran in milky dribbles down her cheeks and neck. She wasn't crying anymore really, but blinking tended to dislodge the liquid shame, she took a deep breath, wondering why it was so easy to find safety and comfort in the form of such a fragile man.

" I am not a very good person....or student...But I can promise you I will try"
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 5/13/2010, 10:00 pm

(Okay, so I JUST got the word that I can post for Poison Ivy....)

"And here... we... GO!" The Ridder whispered atop of a raised platform inside the confides of the tent, which suddenly was being lifted from the ground by a storm of helicopters. Batgirl and Robin looked upon the bare town square, devices were popping from the ground and men and women were strapped to chairs. From everyone's perspective they were hostages. "Time to move in! Go!" Batman called in, Batgirl threw her disguise on. "Come on Robin," she said under the heavy load, "lets do this."

The two walked into view. "Ahh," The Riddler said hanging over his cane, "if it isn't the Batman!" Batgirl felt extremely uncomfortable, for reasons of one: not being the Batman and two: being stuck inside this silly disguise. "Do it." The Riddler spoke into a walkie-talkie. As the duo marched forward they suddenly felt the ground shake. "Uhh what's going on?" Batgirl asked through the communicator. "I have no idea..." Batman responded. "Everyone get ready." Batman called to the Roper family and the Midnight Riders through the communicator system.

Bursting from the ground trees and vines covered the town square, grass emerged from the streets, Batgirl dumped the disguise as more trees filled the streets of Gotham. When it was finally over Batgirl and Robin got up looking around. The part of town had been turned into a forest. "Great... now what?" Batgirl asked looking around. One of the devices The Riddler had set up spoke up, "Greetings Batman! Welcome to the jungle! There are hostages set up all around the 'maze', you can thank Poison Ivy for that. So here's the deal! Solve my riddles and make your way through the maze while rescuing hostages. Then I'll let you free! You have a time limit for each riddle, and if you so happen to fail to figure it out by the time the clock runs dry you get gassed. How easy is that? Good luck!" The machine clicked off. Batgirl looked at Robin. "I'm going to kill Batman when we get back."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 5/13/2010, 10:20 pm

"Oh sh*t..." Karmy breathed out when she saw the forest rise. "Poison Ivy's involved.." she hissed. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a pair of binoculars and looked through them. "Dammnn.. They're gonna have a rough time in there." she tried to look around for Poison Ivy. After what she had been through with the whole Quinn incident, she wanted to make sure that Poison Ivy rotted in jail for good. "Any suggestions Cas?" she asked, still keeping her eyes peeled through the binoculars.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeagle321 on 5/13/2010, 10:25 pm

Slade listened to Mame's story intently. When she had finished, Slade shook his head. "Do not downtalk yourself, my dear. You say all of these things about yourself, but I see something much more in you- you have AMBITION, you have ENDURANCE... you have many gifts and talents. You, child, have more potential than I have seen in a long time." He said. and it was true- Mame seemed to have a natural talent that that surpassed any he had seen before.

"But my dear, you must rest- tommorow begins your training." He informed her, and scuttled atop her head. "Where is it you rest, child?" He asked.

[sorry, puny post ..;]

-Commander Data
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tizmael on 5/14/2010, 12:10 am

Mame crossed her eyes as she followed his ascent to the top of her head, she looked about the room, realizing that she had ditched her jacket and therefore had nothing to curl up into, she shrugged and walked over to the wall, leaning against it and sliding down to the floor, she plopped down and pulled her boots off.

She cleared her throat and gestured about to the dim room, laughing weakly as she truly had nothing to say to Slade's statement, she honestly believed every word she had said, only because she had been told it her whole life. Multiple people diagnosing you with the same thing over and over again, well one tends to just agree over time.

After she had tossed her boots over to a corner she peeled off her socks and winced as the bloodied bandaging stuck to it and peeled off her scabbed shins. Mame clenched her jaw as she let the bandaging unravel from her legs, her toes stretching apart as the socks popped off, she reached up and plucked Slade off her head, placing him down on the bundled up bandaging and socks, just to give him his own little nest for the night.

She pulled her gun and money out of her pockets, setting the fear toxin capsule carefully before curling around the bundled nest and Slade, tucking her arms under her head and smiling at him brightly.

" It's not much but...at least it's something"
Tizmael
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandal on 5/14/2010, 9:01 am

Batgirl contemplated her situation, "C'mon let's hurry." She urged Robin, the two wandered around the forest. "Man, this really is a maze." She mused looking around, "Batman, Casius, Karmy, Alice, Zero... Anyone?" She called in, "Do you read me?"

"I read you."
"Good, geez! Okay can you see where I am Batman?"
"Give me a minute."
"What? Why?"
"SWAT."

The connection cut off. "Dammit." Batgirl cursed under her breath. "Hey you like jokes?" The voice of The Riddler sounded. "How do you get a baby to stop crawling around in circles? You nail one hand to the ground!" Batgirl tried to ignore him. "Oh god, he's going to patronize us with this until we find a way out."

Batgirl and Robin came to a vine wall with a device attached to it. "Solve the riddle and you get to pass, solve it not and you get the gas! So riddle me this Bat! What starts with an E and ends with an E, it has a single letter in it, and its not an E. What am I?"

"Crud, can anyone help us out?" Batgirl called into the communicator.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishing4Infinity on 5/14/2010, 9:54 am

Karmy looked in her bag and pulled out a book of riddles. "Oh! Its an envelope!" she said over the comm. "I knew this thing would be handy someday." the book caught on fire and fell to ashes. "Oh sonovabitch! Now i can't cheat anymore.."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top