Random News

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Terra on 11/18/2009, 11:15 pm

It got 54% on rottentomatoes... They give it too much credit... O.o

_________________
This is the soundtrack to my life ♫
avatar
Terra

Posts : 643
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 24
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by SylverBluTitan on 11/18/2009, 11:31 pm

This is rediculous.

My little brother says he's not into the whole superhero thing and because of that anime is better than comics.

Rediculous, I tell you. Rediculous!

Az! I may need your assistance with this conversion.

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 11/18/2009, 11:36 pm

SylverBluTitan wrote:This is rediculous.

My little brother says he's not into the whole superhero thing and because of that anime is better than comics.

Rediculous, I tell you. Rediculous!

Az! I may need your assistance with this conversion.


Maybe tell him that not all comics are about supers. And that, in fact, some of the best ones aren't.

Also, tell him anime is terrible. Thank you.

Xenophobic Sponge

Posts : 574
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Azrael on 11/18/2009, 11:37 pm

SylverBluTitan wrote:This is rediculous.

My little brother says he's not into the whole superhero thing and because of that anime is better than comics.

Rediculous, I tell you. Rediculous!

Az! I may need your assistance with this conversion.
You know what anime doesn't do?

Zombies. And monsters. And dudes with demons for hands that punch him in the face because they're demons. And dudes with flaming skulls for a head who ride flaming motorcycles. And kung-fu masters like Fat Cobra who has bedded so many wenches and consumed so much wine that he's forgotten his own adventures. And cyborg animals with lasers and missles. And a dude with a skull on his chest who shoots evil pricks, who later is killed and put back together like a frankenstein style patchwork monster.

Anime has... pretty men, chicks with big hooters, harems and the occasional tough guy who beats up powerful monsters. Occasionally a cool sword. But that's about it.

If your brother thinks the latter is better than the former, he's either nuts or ignorant of the greatness of comics.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by SylverBluTitan on 11/18/2009, 11:40 pm

It’s frustrating. I even attempted to convince him otherwise with “A lot of those heros in anime could be considered ‘super’, so you have no argument.” But he just ignored the fact.

He’s in there reading online manga. >_>

I don’t know what else to do! He admits the awesome that is Batman, and yet refuses to read any of the trades I bring in! He wouldn’t even read Batman: Year One! I’m beginning to think it’s hopeless!

He read the first big trade of The New Teen Titans, proclaimed comics "really weird" and has since refused to read them again. I just don't know what to do with this boy.

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Azrael on 11/18/2009, 11:43 pm

SylverBluTitan wrote:It’s frustrating. I even attempted to convince him otherwise with “A lot of those heros in anime could be considered ‘super’, so you have no argument.” But he just ignored the fact.

He’s in there reading online manga. >_>

I don’t know what else to do! He admits the awesome that is Batman, and yet refuses to read any of the trades I bring in! He wouldn’t even read Batman: Year One! I’m beginning to think it’s hopeless!
He's being closed-minded. The thing is that manga and anime is the hip thing right now. Pretty much everyone reads it even though ninety percent of it is trash.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by SylverBluTitan on 11/18/2009, 11:48 pm

This is true. Too bad that's a factor. Still, I will keep trying. It is my duty as a good older sister to teach my sibling the ways of the good, the just, and the awesome.

Perhaps if he won't bite with Batman he will with Supes. I think he'd be more of a Superman fan anyway.

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Azrael on 11/18/2009, 11:52 pm

I'll be honest; if your brother can't find the idea of a Ghost Rider trucker, Batman throwing a car battery into a dude or FrankenCastle totally rad, he's probably not worth saving. XP

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by SylverBluTitan on 11/19/2009, 12:02 am

Haha!

I made him read all of this.

He says he's confused.

He liked your bit about the Punisher shooting evil pricks though.

He's still not convinced. Maybe he really isn't worth saving. This is a sad moment for me. A very sad moment indeed.

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Azrael on 11/19/2009, 12:05 am

Worry not. Perhaps he shall come around. He doesn't know what he's missing.

Meantime, we get to enjoy the awesome of a character whom's entire power is the ability to eat anything and a guy with X-ray vision who goes to a Justice League recruitment drive just to use it on Wonder Woman to see her naked.

Tell me that's not rad.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by SylverBluTitan on 11/19/2009, 12:16 am

LOLOL

Wut?

That's insane.

I'd like to see a manga that insane.

Oh, right. There isn't one.

Huh.

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Azrael on 11/19/2009, 12:18 am

SylverBluTitan wrote:LOLOL

Wut?

That's insane.

I'd like to see a manga that insane.

Oh, right. There isn't one.

Huh.
I'd like to see a manga with a guy who has demons for hands whom continuously punch him in the face while he's trying to eat breakfast just because they're demons.

... Oh yeah, there isn't one.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by SylverBluTitan on 11/19/2009, 12:26 am

I'd like to see a manga about a boy who's parents were killed, so he became a vigilante who creates his own equipment, has a radical car, and donned a batsuit to strike fear in the superstitious and paranoid hearts of criminals.

Oh yeah.

THERE ISN’T ONE.

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Azrael on 11/19/2009, 12:28 am

SylverBluTitan wrote:I'd like to see a manga about a boy who's parents were killed, so he became a vigilante who creates his own equipment, has a radical car, and donned a batsuit to strike fear in the superstitious and paranoid hearts of criminals.

Oh yeah.

THERE ISN’T ONE.
I'd like to see a manga with a cybernetic rabbit whom lays rabbit turd bombs.

Oh yeah.

THERE ISN'T ONE.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by SylverBluTitan on 11/19/2009, 12:36 am

There's just no comparison.

I mean, sure anime/manga is cool on it's own, if you find a good one out of all the mounts of "wtf is this ****?" But when standing next to comics, I'd like to see a manga that wouldn't pale, shrivel, and die.

Oh yeah.

THERE. ISN'T. ONE.





Bat be praised.

....Yeah, had to add that in there.

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Azrael on 11/19/2009, 12:38 am

You're right, there is no comparison. I mean, I haven't seen a manga with a top secret spy organization based after chess that calls itself Checkmate like I've seen a comic of such.

... BECAUSE THERE ISN'T ONE.

Bat be with you.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by SylverBluTitan on 11/19/2009, 12:46 am

LAWL

In any case, I'll bring the lil bro around one way or another. He's just upset that I keep getting him hooked into things.

ROTFLMFAO

At least they're good things! -Humph-




On a random note, I give you -again- this piece of epic win.




Again I ask, is there nothing you can't do, Batman?

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Azrael on 11/19/2009, 1:00 am

SylverBluTitan wrote:On a random note, I give you -again- this piece of epic win.




Again I ask, is there nothing you can't do, Batman?
Of course not.

He's Batman.

If Mr. Freeze turns city hall into an ice rink and coats the stairs with oil, you can be damn sure Batman prepared long ago by learning the intricacies of ice skating.

Batman has no such thing as a hobby; everything is preparation. @__@

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by SylverBluTitan on 11/19/2009, 1:35 am

And no matter what it happens to be, Batman is damn good at it. Just listen to that voice.

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Azrael on 11/19/2009, 1:36 am

SylverBluTitan wrote:And no matter what it happens to be, Batman is damn good at it. Just listen to that voice.
I hereby dub him Bat King Cole.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by SylverBluTitan on 11/19/2009, 1:47 am

Azrael wrote:Bat King Cole.
Epic!!

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Riaaanna on 11/19/2009, 5:29 am

SylverBluTitan wrote:


Oh, Batman. Is there anything you can't do?

Kevin Conroy ROCKS. What a Face

And he sang for Diana! How sweet. *Rianna's fluffy shipper side goes crazy*

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Riaaanna

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Riaaanna on 11/19/2009, 5:33 am

Naked Snake wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:In other news, New Moon sucks according to Rottontomatoes, critical reception and IMDB users.
That films out already?

Who cares that much about it? It sucks and thats all that matters.

Yes, it does suck. And I, being Snake, will celebrate its suckiness. Because that's just how I am. :D

I shall celebrate with you! *throws New Moon to hell* Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Riaaanna

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by SylverBluTitan on 11/19/2009, 11:16 am

And he sang for Diana! How sweet. *Rianna's fluffy shipper side goes crazy*
Oooh, you're a Bats/Wondy shipper? 8D

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Azrael on 11/19/2009, 1:43 pm

Bats/Wondey you say?

Az like.




_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random News

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.