Teen Titans Go!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Azrael on 10/24/2009, 8:58 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:(The art in the Raven mini series from last year or whatever though, now THAT art was bad enough to make a comic unreadable)
I couldn't believe my freaking eyes when I saw the art. We waited two years for that? I decided to skip the whole thing on the spot. I still haven't even checked it out in trade. Others must have held similar feelings, because the mini absolutely tanked in sales.

The sad thing is that the artist - Damion Scott - did some alright work in the Batgirl ongoing that ran for a while after the No Mans Land crossover in Batman.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 10/24/2009, 9:00 pm

To this day I think the main reason the Raven mini sold so badly is because of that terrible art. So many people looked at it and said "pass". I mean, I OWN the whole mini because I know the owner of my LCS and like to give him my business and HATE pulling things off my list.

I Own the Raven Mini and yet I've not managed to read more than the first half of the first issue. I honestly don't know what the plot is of the comic because the art was that bad.

Xenophobic Sponge

Posts : 574
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Azrael on 10/24/2009, 9:12 pm

Oh, I'm sure that was the reason. I can't blame anyone either. I read maybe six pages, turned my nose up and walked away.

I've no tolerance for that s***.

I think the killing blow was two or three pages into the first issue where the art was so bad that Raven looked pregnant. Delayed two years for that. I'm not surprised DC hasn't given him any work since.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 10/24/2009, 9:58 pm

I will admit that, some of the art isn't that bad.


They do 'moments' really well but as for action the show is leagues ahead.
I mean look at that lighting, it's just really nice and pretty.
avatar
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1875
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Azrael on 10/24/2009, 9:59 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:I will admit that, some of the art isn't that bad.


They do 'moments' really well but as for action the show is leagues ahead.
I mean look at that lighting, it's just really nice and pretty.
Not surprised it's good; that's definitely a Todd Nuack drawn panel.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 10/24/2009, 10:02 pm

Azrael wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:I will admit that, some of the art isn't that bad.


They do 'moments' really well but as for action the show is leagues ahead.
I mean look at that lighting, it's just really nice and pretty.
Not surprised it's good; that's definitely a Todd Nuack drawn panel.

Nice eye, that comic was illustrated by Torres Nuack
avatar
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1875
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Azrael on 10/24/2009, 10:05 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Azrael wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:I will admit that, some of the art isn't that bad.


They do 'moments' really well but as for action the show is leagues ahead.
I mean look at that lighting, it's just really nice and pretty.
Not surprised it's good; that's definitely a Todd Nuack drawn panel.

Nice eye, that comic was illustrated by Torres Nuack
Thanks. I've seen quite a bit of Todd's work through several comics. So I've become a bit familiar with his style. He's a good artist. He's half the reason I was ever even interested in any Teen Titans Go! comics.

J. Torres was the writer of the entire run of comics, as I recall. Sadly, Todd Nuack was not the artist for most of them. If he was, the entire comic run would probably have been enjoyable from start to finish.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Rianna Lauren on 10/25/2009, 2:48 am

Azrael wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:I will admit that, some of the art isn't that bad.


They do 'moments' really well but as for action the show is leagues ahead.
I mean look at that lighting, it's just really nice and pretty.
Not surprised it's good; that's definitely a Todd Nuack drawn panel.

Todd Nauck. xDDD
My hero.

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Rianna Lauren

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile http://riannalauren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Rianna Lauren on 10/25/2009, 2:50 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:I have all the Teen Titans Go! comics, and I have to admit most of them aren't terribly good, and regarding #47
This face scares me

I've never seen such a terrible smile before. Neutral

This isn't from Regarding Robin though, right? It's that Starfire and Raven episode thing...

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Rianna Lauren

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile http://riannalauren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Starfire_02 on 10/25/2009, 8:42 pm

Im soooo excited to read it!
avatar
Starfire_02

Posts : 938
Join date : 2008-11-15
Age : 21
Location : Jump City: Titans Tower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Raevien on 10/26/2009, 9:45 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:I have all the Teen Titans Go! comics, and I have to admit most of them aren't terribly good, and regarding #47
This face scares me

I've never seen such a terrible smile before. Neutral

This isn't from Regarding Robin though, right? It's that Starfire and Raven episode thing...

Ahahahahaha, oh my gosh, that was one thing I hated about the Titans GO series...they kept changing artists. >_> I LOVED most of Todd's art, though. D:

I was real disappointed 'cause the ONE comic (even if it was half a comic) that Aqualad and Speedy got to star in? The art. Was. HORRIBLE. DDD:< djklfjskldjfk!! I have no intelligent words to describe my annoyance. T_T

But yeah, they totally should've branched out and found some decent artists. >_> Nuack wasn't bad, but, I always thought the way he drew the males' legs was really...anatomically strange. But at least his art is recognizable style-wise. I also liked some of Cheeks' cover-art. Honestly, I don't remember much of his actual comic art, but, I liked his cover art.

DD:<! Art rant over for now.
...
For now. >3> ....simply because I'm in government class and my brain has sort of more or less melted from my ear.

THERE'S THE WEEKLY VISUAL FOR YOU. yay.

_________________
If Superman's the world's biggest boyscout, why is Batman always the one who comes prepared?
avatar
Raevien

Posts : 419
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 25
Location : At Fab Four Fortress

View user profile http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Rianna Lauren on 10/26/2009, 10:44 am

Oh, you mean where Speedy and Aqualad was fighting that octopus monster thingy that was (if I'm not mistaken) controlled by Trident?

Yeah, it was ugly. Razz

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Rianna Lauren

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile http://riannalauren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Raevien on 10/26/2009, 11:18 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:Oh, you mean where Speedy and Aqualad was fighting that octopus monster thingy that was (if I'm not mistaken) controlled by Trident?

Yeah, it was ugly. Razz

YES, that one D:<
....Aaaaagh Dx

_________________
If Superman's the world's biggest boyscout, why is Batman always the one who comes prepared?
avatar
Raevien

Posts : 419
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 25
Location : At Fab Four Fortress

View user profile http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Azrael on 10/26/2009, 11:24 am

Raevien wrote:I also liked some of Cheeks' cover-art.
I never really liked the style he used for the Go! comic covers. It always looked so unbelievably weird and unappealing. Covers are supposed to attract people to a book, so I'm not sure what they were thinking there.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Raevien on 10/26/2009, 11:29 am

Azrael wrote:
Raevien wrote:I also liked some of Cheeks' cover-art.
I never really liked the style he used for the Go! comic covers. It always looked so unbelievably weird and unappealing. Covers are supposed to attract people to a book, so I'm not sure what they were thinking there.

It was definitely different, yes, but I don't know...as an artist, I understand that some people have different styles and stuff. Cheeks' style is VERY different, very recognizable and sort of stands out. Maybe they were thinking his style would be a bit of a Titans GO trademark or something, I don't know. xD There are some people who HATE the Bruce Timm style that the majority of us love.

I was always attracted to Cheeks' cover art because it WAS different....of course, I've always been attracted to different things and outside-of-the-box stuff. *shrug* :/

_________________
If Superman's the world's biggest boyscout, why is Batman always the one who comes prepared?
avatar
Raevien

Posts : 419
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 25
Location : At Fab Four Fortress

View user profile http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Rianna Lauren on 10/26/2009, 11:33 am

How can someone possibly hate Bruce Timm's style? I mean... That's just... Whoa. Surprised

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Rianna Lauren

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile http://riannalauren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Azrael on 10/26/2009, 11:35 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:How can someone possibly hate Bruce Timm's style? I mean... That's just... Whoa. Surprised
I'm with you there.

I was always attracted to Cheeks' cover art because it WAS different...
It's not that it was different that makes me dislike it. It's just that his art sometimes looks... ugly. To me at least. Someone could have a pug nose, a tail might not be attached, characters might look so anorexic that you'd wonder if they'd eaten in over a year. Just weird stuff that I never really thought looked good.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Raevien on 10/26/2009, 11:51 am

Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:How can someone possibly hate Bruce Timm's style? I mean... That's just... Whoa. Surprised
I'm with you there.

I know, right?

Azreal wrote:
I was always attracted to Cheeks' cover art because it WAS different...
It's not that it was different that makes me dislike it. It's just that his art sometimes looks... ugly. To me at least. Someone could have a pug nose, a tail might not be attached, characters might look so anorexic that you'd wonder if they'd eaten in over a year. Just weird stuff that I never really thought looked good.

Meh. xD That's the thing about art. Opinions are all over. *shrug* But yeah, I can understand that. There were a few pieces of paneling I didn't like. >_> ...but, I liked some pieces.

_________________
If Superman's the world's biggest boyscout, why is Batman always the one who comes prepared?
avatar
Raevien

Posts : 419
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 25
Location : At Fab Four Fortress

View user profile http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Eve on 10/26/2009, 11:52 am

Cheeks' work is pretty cool but it can sometimes make some characters look strange, but I guess that's all part of the style. I do like his art style and quite liked some of the TTG covers he did, some I was a bit iffy about. His style may have not completely worked well with TT but it does with some other things.

He's a cool guy though, got to meet him at Comic Con =]
avatar
Eve

Posts : 59
Join date : 2009-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Raevien on 10/26/2009, 11:55 am

Eve wrote:Cheeks' work is pretty cool but it can sometimes make some characters look strange, but I guess that's all part of the style. I do like his art style and quite liked some of the TTG covers he did, some I was a bit iffy about. His style may have not completely worked well with TT but it does with some other things.

He's a cool guy though, got to meet him at Comic Con =]

He also does the art for that Spectacular Spiderman series, and I think it's kind of nice. :] ...I've only seen a few episodes, but, I recognized it right away.

DUDE, seriously? I'm jealous. D:

One of my DeviantArt friends got to meet Mark Hamill. I was so mad. xD

_________________
If Superman's the world's biggest boyscout, why is Batman always the one who comes prepared?
avatar
Raevien

Posts : 419
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 25
Location : At Fab Four Fortress

View user profile http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Azrael on 10/26/2009, 12:02 pm

His style worked a lot better for Spectacular Spider-Man, so don't think I'm just ragging on his art in general. I don't think it's a complete wash.

I saw a drawing Bruce Timm did of Raven once. Don't remember where though. Might have been one of his art galleries online.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Cylor on 10/27/2009, 1:00 am

Azrael wrote:I saw a drawing Bruce Timm did of Raven once. Don't remember where though. Might have been one of his art galleries online.
Yeah, Bruce Timm has at least two Raven sketches up at...uh...well, I was going to link to the gallery in question, but my link appears to have gone bad. pale Sorry.

_________________

Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend.
avatar
Cylor

Posts : 195
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 40
Location : NoDak, USA

View user profile http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Rianna Lauren on 10/27/2009, 5:26 am

Cylor wrote:
Azrael wrote:I saw a drawing Bruce Timm did of Raven once. Don't remember where though. Might have been one of his art galleries online.
Yeah, Bruce Timm has at least two Raven sketches up at...uh...well, I was going to link to the gallery in question, but my link appears to have gone bad. pale Sorry.

Is it this one?

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Rianna Lauren

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile http://riannalauren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Cylor on 10/27/2009, 6:22 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:
Cylor wrote:
Azrael wrote:I saw a drawing Bruce Timm did of Raven once. Don't remember where though. Might have been one of his art galleries online.
Yeah, Bruce Timm has at least two Raven sketches up at...uh...well, I was going to link to the gallery in question, but my link appears to have gone bad. pale Sorry.
Is it this one?
Possibly; I haven't looked at it in quite a while...however, there's really no content in the galleries on that page, either, if you look past the front page. Sad

_________________

Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend.
avatar
Cylor

Posts : 195
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 40
Location : NoDak, USA

View user profile http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Rianna Lauren on 10/27/2009, 6:43 am

Cylor wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
Cylor wrote:
Azrael wrote:I saw a drawing Bruce Timm did of Raven once. Don't remember where though. Might have been one of his art galleries online.
Yeah, Bruce Timm has at least two Raven sketches up at...uh...well, I was going to link to the gallery in question, but my link appears to have gone bad. pale Sorry.
Is it this one?
Possibly; I haven't looked at it in quite a while...however, there's really no content in the galleries on that page, either, if you look past the front page. Sad
XD I didn't look past the front page. The layout wasn't fully compatible with my phone anyway, so I couldn't explore it more XD

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Rianna Lauren

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile http://riannalauren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teen Titans Go!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.