Wet Blanketz Teim

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heehee

Post by StarxRob4ever on 9/6/2009, 11:55 am

Twisted Evil Much much muc evil, I, well, trust some ideas are best ignored..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wet Blanketz Teim

Post by Azrael on 9/6/2009, 12:10 pm

RobxStar4ever wrote:Prepare to make that dude rethink what his NAME is! Twisted Evil I hope! Laughing Embarassed
Absolutely. Because making a random person want to rethink their name will get a lot done. Do you even have the slightest idea what you're talking about?

I know we all want as many people here as possible but if all we have are a bunch of fair weather fans, nothing is going to get done.
Hate to tell ya, but most kid's to teens are the very definition of fair weather fans. Once something ends show-wise, unless it's pretty much an obsession or passion they tend to move on. This is part of why kids cartoons tend to lose ratings far quicker and last shorter periods of time than your typical television show that might go on for a minimum of six seasons under decent ratings. Shorter attention spans are a fact of life in businesses focused on kids.

This is one of those reasons Paul Levitz was referring to as to why cartoons often do not last past a certain number of episodes or seasons.

This isn't a dead project and if some think that it is a lost cause then maybe it is best that they leave.
Dead project? No.

But lost cause? That's a bit tougher to dismiss away. Something that simply cannot be done and/or is not even feasible. Isn't that technically the definition of lost cause? This is NOT the first cartoon I've seen have a small community dedicated to bringing it back beyond the realm of possibility. There is another place similar to this whom - decades later - are still trying to bring back a cartoon that was canceled a long, long time ago. They've long since become little more than a nuisance to those once involved in said show. Is that really what the people in this community want to be? Because the vibe I've been getting is that it might well be on it's way.

This is another reason shifting focus might be a good idea. If the community is going to stick together, it's definitely a good idea to have a different focus or at least one in conjunction. Otherwise, most people - even the most dedicated - are going to get tired of wasting their time and leave. Those that don't... might not exactly be a shining example of fandom.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel on 9/6/2009, 12:18 pm

Azrael wrote:
RobxStar4ever wrote:Prepare to make that dude rethink what his NAME is! Twisted Evil I hope! Laughing Embarassed
Absolutely. Because making a random person want to rethink their name will get a lot done. Do you even have the slightest idea what you're talking about?

I know we all want as many people here as possible but if all we have are a bunch of fair weather fans, nothing is going to get done.
Hate to tell ya, but most kid's to teens are the very definition of fair weather fans. Once something ends show-wise, unless it's pretty much an obsession or passion they tend to move on. This is part of why kids cartoons tend to lose ratings far quicker and last shorter periods of time than your typical television show that might go on for a minimum of six seasons under decent ratings.

This is one of those reasons Paul Levitz was referring to as to why cartoons often do not last past a certain number of episodes or seasons.

This isn't a dead project and if some think that it is a lost cause then maybe it is best that they leave.
Dead project? No.

But lost cause? That's a bit tougher to dismiss away. Something that simply cannot be done and/or is not even feasible. Isn't that technically the definition of lost cause? This is NOT the first cartoon I've seen have a small community dedicated to bringing it back beyond the realm of possibility. There is another place similar to this whom - decades later - are still trying to bring back a cartoon that was canceled a long, long time ago. They've long since become little more than a nuisance to those once involved in said show. Is that really what the people in this community want to be? Because the vibe I've been getting is that it might well be on it's way.

This is another reason shifting focus might be a good idea. If the community is going to stick together, it's definitely a good idea to have a different focus or at least one in conjunction. Otherwise, most people - even the most dedicated - are going to get tired of wasting their time and leave. Those that don't... might not exactly be a shining example of fandom.

I understand that and I know that it is a very unlikely if impossible chance that the show will come back, I am talking about making our own season six. We can do it and nothing for enjoyment or for the love of the show is a lost cause. I think that is what we should focus on doing right now. That way no one is wasting their time on something that will do or mean nothing.
archiesangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael on 9/6/2009, 12:26 pm

archiesangel wrote:I understand that and I know that it is a very unlikely if impossible chance that the show will come back, I am talking about making our own season six. We can do it and nothing for enjoyment or for the love of the show is a lost cause. I think that is what we should focus on doing right now. That way no one is wasting their time on something that will do or mean nothing.
I like you. You're rational. That seems like something that should be common, but it sadly isn't.

I'm actually surprised how many of you were actually willing to hear me out in any regard. Judging by Snakes experiences, I hadn't exactly any high hopes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/6/2009, 12:29 pm

Azrael wrote:
archiesangel wrote:I understand that and I know that it is a very unlikely if impossible chance that the show will come back, I am talking about making our own season six. We can do it and nothing for enjoyment or for the love of the show is a lost cause. I think that is what we should focus on doing right now. That way no one is wasting their time on something that will do or mean nothing.
I like you. You're rational. That seems like something that should be common, but it sadly isn't.

I'm actually surprised how many of you were actually willing to hear me out in any regard. Judging by Snakes experiences, I hadn't exactly any high hopes.

So long as nobody talks about sealing the entrance to the dark zone with their own body, I think you'll be fine.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel on 9/6/2009, 12:33 pm

Azrael wrote:

Thank you.

I believe that anyone who goes against the crowd should at least be listened to.
archiesangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/6/2009, 12:34 pm

archiesangel wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Thank you.

I believe that anyone who goes against the crowd should at least be listened to.

Where the hell were you when I first got here and everybody shouted me down for daring to be different?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ on 9/6/2009, 12:35 pm

archiesangel wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Thank you.

yeah everyone should be listened to then ignored.
~Angel~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael on 9/6/2009, 12:36 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
archiesangel wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Thank you.

Where the hell were you when I first got here and everybody shouted me down for daring to be different?
But Snake! It's simple! Why can't you see it? You're just not as awesome or sexy as I am!

I'm simply mesmerizing! Cool

Last edited by Azrael on 9/6/2009, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel on 9/6/2009, 12:36 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
archiesangel wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Thank you.

Guess I came a little late hmm?
archiesangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ on 9/6/2009, 12:39 pm

archiesangel wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
archiesangel wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Thank you.

Guess I came a little late hmm?
I guess i missed more than i thought.
~Angel~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.