Wet Blanketz Teim

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wet Blanketz Teim

Post by Naked Snake on 9/5/2009, 10:31 am

So I have good news. Remember all those times you guys said "We've got to be getting some attention from our project!"? Well, you have been. Congratulations.

Ready for the bad news? I'll let Paul Levitz, the publisher at D.C. Comics, explain:

Try to figure out whether what you’re asking for is a practical possibility. When the Teen Titans animated television show ended, I got some letters begging for its return (inspired perhaps by the success of the campaign for Teen Titans Go!, more on which later). But the letters came in after the last episode aired…which meant that the team which had produced the show had broken up about a year earlier, and gone on to other gigs. There are sound business reasons why most animated tv shows only last for a certain maximum number of episodes (though the exceptions to the rule, like THE SIMPSONS, defy any form of gravity or entropy), but if you can’t keep the creative team together, you can’t replicate what the viewer loves. So asking for the show to come back after the team’s gone is self-defeating. Same thing’s true for comics.

You got their attention, or some project similar to yours did. Their response doesn't seem to be too optimistic. Notice he references Teen Titans several times and even uses the show as his first example of a lost cause.

I feel vindicated by this--a higher power has confirmed what I've been saying all along--though I can't say that the rest of you can see the positives in that respect.

...Look, if you want to keep at it with this, then that's your prerogative; do as you will. Just note that this time, it's the publisher of motherfroggin' D.C. Comics saying "Give it up." And there's really not much wiggle room on that count.

Of course, I fully expect this thread to be deleted and to get a stern reprimand for not being a hopeless idealist (maybe not in that order), so I suppose it doesn't really matter, does it?
Naked Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wet Blanketz Teim

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 9/5/2009, 10:39 am

...Well snake you did it. U were right. So having the old teen titans come back is...impossible i guess. Can i see the link to where u got the news, before i leave this project?

You never have a second attempt at a first impression. -thecrazykid3649
Thecrazykid3649

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/5/2009, 10:40 am

Do you have a link? Where's your proof?

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/5/2009, 10:41 am

The Professor wrote:Do you have a link? Where's your proof?

Azrael showed it to me sans link, but I assume it's on Mr. Levitz' blog. He'll post in this thread eventually, at which point he can confirm this.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 9/5/2009, 10:48 am

Naked Snake wrote:

Azrael showed it to me sans link, but I assume it's on Mr. Levitz' blog. He'll post in this thread eventually, at which point he can confirm this.

Can he give us the link? i want to see with my own eyes... so i will be able to know that leaving the project was the right thing.

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel on 9/5/2009, 10:48 am

It really does matter. It is sad but true. But if you don't mind me asking, why did you join this forum? You don't seem to really care for the show much...I also think that there will always be people that will fight for something that might or might not happen. Either way I believe the fans will stick together in the spirit of the show even if it doesn't come back.
archiesangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/5/2009, 10:54 am

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

Can he give us the link? i want to see with my own eyes... so i will be able to know that leaving the project was the right thing.

As long as you don't give a sob story about not being able to function properly without Beast Boy and Terra as a couple, then yes.

It really does matter. It is sad but true. But if you don't mind me asking, why did you join this forum? You don't seem to really care for the show much...I also think that there will always be people that will fight for something that might or might not happen. Either way I believe the fans will stick together in the spirit of the show even if it doesn't come back.

Frankly, I loved Teen Titans when it was on the air. It was my favorite show at the time. I was young, around the ages of some of the members here--fourteen, fifteen--and was completely captivated by it, by the characters, the stories, Beast Boy and Raven. And I was disappointed when it ended.

But at the same time, I realized that it was for the better. Season five was mediocre, a sign that the show's quality had slipped dramatically between it and season four (an incredible story arc in itself). Had the show continued into a sixth season, it'd only have gotten worse. Scrubs is an example of a show that outlasted its quality. Its best years are behind it, most of its stars have left, and it's a pale shadow of what it once was.

I joined this forum because I wanted others to look at the situation from another perspective. Because I saw the fruitlessness of it all, and nobody else seemed to allow room for the possibility that Teen Titans was gone forever. I took that responsibility. When I realized that convincing the forum that their cause was a lost one wasn't working, I changed tactics. I wanted to challenge this project, to raise its quality and open the minds of its members. I wanted to see this become something laudable, if doomed.

The persistence of the damned letter-writing campaigns and lack of fresh ideas shows that I have failed in this regard, too.

So, my original mission statement is forgotten, my new mission a failure. All that I do now is snark and force people to consider multiple points of view. And I'm not going to compromise myself and simply become another idealist. The world is what it is; it operates a certain way, and people need to understand that.

Did that make sense?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 9/5/2009, 11:02 am

archiesangel wrote:It really does matter. It is sad but true. But if you don't mind me asking, why did you join this forum? You don't seem to really care for the show much...I also think that there will always be people that will fight for something that might or might not happen. Either way I believe the fans will stick together in the spirit of the show even if it doesn't come back.

Yeah thats right.

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/5/2009, 11:04 am

See, I have nothing against that. Staying on as fans of a canceled show--that's normal. Look at Firefly, or Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They still have huge fanbases. I still like Teen Titans myself.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 9/5/2009, 11:04 am

Naked Snake wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

As long as you don't give a sob story about not being able to function properly without Beast Boy and Terra as a couple, then yes.

Frankly, I loved Teen Titans when it was on the air. It was my favorite show at the time. I was young, around the ages of some of the members here--fourteen, fifteen--and was completely captivated by it, by the characters, the stories, Beast Boy and Raven. And I was disappointed when it ended.

But at the same time, I realized that it was for the better. Season five was mediocre, a sign that the show's quality had slipped dramatically between it and season four (an incredible story arc in itself). Had the show continued into a sixth season, it'd only have gotten worse. Scrubs is an example of a show that outlasted its quality. Its best years are behind it, most of its stars have left, and it's a pale shadow of what it once was.

I joined this forum because I wanted others to look at the situation from another perspective. Because I saw the fruitlessness of it all, and nobody else seemed to allow room for the possibility that Teen Titans was gone forever. I took that responsibility. When I realized that convincing the forum that their cause was a lost one wasn't working, I changed tactics. I wanted to challenge this project, to raise its quality and open the minds of its members. I wanted to see this become something laudable, if doomed.

The persistence of the damned letter-writing campaigns and lack of fresh ideas shows that I have failed in this regard, too.

So, my original mission statement is forgotten, my new mission a failure. All that I do now is snark and force people to consider multiple points of view. And I'm not going to compromise myself and simply become another idealist. The world is what it is; it operates a certain way, and people need to understand that.

Did that make sense?

What made u feel compelled to wet-blanket? why did you join the project only to say we would not succeed? i mean, why waste ur time with a project that, in your eyes, is never gonna accomplish its goal?

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/5/2009, 11:06 am

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

Did that make sense?

What made u feel compelled to wet-blanket? why did you join the project only to say we would not succeed? i mean, why waste ur time with a project that, in your eyes. is never gonna accomplish its goal?

That's a very good question, one that I wish I could answer. If I overthink it, then the best I can come up with...is that I would expect myself to have been on this forum if I were a few years younger, as a fully contributing member. Probably under a different name too, since I didn't get into Metal Gear until last year.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/5/2009, 11:10 am

See this is your problem. You waste all your time trying to bring back the show that even WB execs say is never coming back.

Your time would be better spent trying to keep the spirit of the show alive. Fanfiction. Webisodes. Fan created media that remains within the spirit of the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 9/5/2009, 11:12 am

Naked Snake wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

Did that make sense?

What made u feel compelled to wet-blanket? why did you join the project only to say we would not succeed? i mean, why waste ur time with a project that, in your eyes. is never gonna accomplish its goal?

That's a very good question, one that I wish I could answer. If I overthink it, then the best I can come up with...is that I would expect myself to have been on this forum if I were a few years younger, as a fully contributing member. Probably under a different name too, since I didn't get into Metal Gear until last year.

So u felt it was necessary, despite the fact u had no hope in it?

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by archiesangel on 9/5/2009, 11:14 am

Naked Snake wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

Did that make sense?

Yes and I think that we could use new ideas. The more minds we have are the power of our voice.
archiesangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man on 9/5/2009, 11:25 am

archiesangel wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

Did that make sense?

Yes and I think that we could use new ideas. The more minds we have are the power of our voice.

There is always another way to view a situation, what's true for the group is also true for the individual. Over-simplify and you breed in weakness, it's slow death.

Without dissenting or cynical voices no progress can be made, conflict gives rise to evolution and advancement, while similarity and familiarity do not give rise to such events. If these wet blankets are not cast, then all would simply simmer forward making no progress and only serving to linger in a a solid state. And I don't think anyone would want that.
Laughing_Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/5/2009, 11:32 am

Laughing_Man wrote:
archiesangel wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:

Did that make sense?

There is always another way to view a situation, what's true for the group is also true for the individual. Over-simplify and you breed in weakness, it's slow death.

Without dissenting or cynical voices no progress can be made, conflict gives rise to evolution and advancement, while similarity and familiarity do not give rise to such events. If these wet blankets are not cast, then all would simply simmer forward making no progress and only serving to linger in a a solid state. And I don't think anyone would want that.

How zen.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Riaaanna on 9/5/2009, 11:40 am

So.. What now?

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
Riaaanna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man on 9/5/2009, 11:42 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:So.. What now?

Where does the newborn go from here?

The net is vast and infinite.
Laughing_Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naked Snake on 9/5/2009, 11:44 am

Use your brains. The project may have been a lost cause, but that doesn't mean this forum is worthless.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ on 9/5/2009, 11:47 am

crazy are you really leaving it's basically saying you were on the tt team but you quit I think we should still try saving tt maybe by turing it up a notch and getting more people to come.
~Angel~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 9/5/2009, 11:48 am

Dark~Angel~ wrote:crazy are you really leaving it's basically saying you were on the tt team but you quit I think we should still try saving tt maybe by turing it up a notch and getting more people to come.

No i am not leaving. Snake was unsuccessful to make me quit the these last five months. What makes u think he will get me to leave now? Wink

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/5/2009, 11:49 am

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:
Dark~Angel~ wrote:crazy are you really leaving it's basically saying you were on the tt team but you quit I think we should still try saving tt maybe by turing it up a notch and getting more people to come.

No i am not leaving. Snake was unsuccessful to make me quit the these last five months. What makes u think he will get me to leave now? Wink

This.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/11/11/paul-levitz-top-ten-tips-for-improving-your-letter-writing-campaign/#more-10009

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Angel~ on 9/5/2009, 11:52 am

Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

Didn't you tell him to give you prove then you would leave and I'm happy your not leaving crazy.
~Angel~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 9/5/2009, 11:52 am

The Professor wrote:
Thecrazykid3649 wrote:

This.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/11/11/paul-levitz-top-ten-tips-for-improving-your-letter-writing-campaign/#more-10009

Oh, so yet another person telling me the project is impossible? The same thing i have heard for like...5 months? Thats whats gonna get me to leave? suuure... Wink

Thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing_Man on 9/5/2009, 11:53 am

'Turning it up a notch' will achieve nothing, the blog post made it quite clear that the Teen Titans AS series is over, dead, buried, kaput, gone. You could get as many people as you like but all you'll be doing it wasting time.

EDIT:

And this isn't just some other people on the street, this is a professional, someone who actually knows. To carry on now is just insane, and an exercise in futility.
Laughing_Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.