Disney/Marvel?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disney/Marvel?

Post by thewizardofodd12 on 9/3/2009, 8:00 am

Wtf???? Should i be worried about this?? I happen to like marvel comics and the marvel themed rides they have at universal studios! Will Disney screw it all up? Will they have Disney themed comics?
avatar
thewizardofodd12

Posts : 370
Join date : 2008-11-06
Age : 23
Location : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Riaaanna on 9/3/2009, 8:19 am

thewizardofodd12 wrote:Wtf???? Should i be worried about this?? I happen to like marvel comics and the marvel themed rides they have at universal studios! Will Disney screw it all up? Will they have Disney themed comics?
lol, this is already posted in the random news section...

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Riaaanna

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by thewizardofodd12 on 9/3/2009, 2:19 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:Wtf???? Should i be worried about this?? I happen to like marvel comics and the marvel themed rides they have at universal studios! Will Disney screw it all up? Will they have Disney themed comics?
lol, this is already posted in the random news section...

IDC. I wish to know! lol
avatar
thewizardofodd12

Posts : 370
Join date : 2008-11-06
Age : 23
Location : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by ~Angel~ on 9/4/2009, 3:27 pm

thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:Wtf???? Should i be worried about this?? I happen to like marvel comics and the marvel themed rides they have at universal studios! Will Disney screw it all up? Will they have Disney themed comics?
lol, this is already posted in the random news section...

IDC. I wish to know! lol

Disney with marvel what has the world come to.
avatar
~Angel~

Posts : 583
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 20
Location : ANYWHERE WHEREVER MY WINGS TAKE ME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Vandal on 9/6/2009, 1:00 pm

Anyone know about Indy Mogul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87DoBW6WmMA&feature=sub
avatar
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9928
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 26
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by thewizardofodd12 on 9/6/2009, 1:46 pm

Mercy wrote:Anyone know about Indy Mogul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87DoBW6WmMA&feature=sub

yeah, the guy who makes the costumes and effects.
avatar
thewizardofodd12

Posts : 370
Join date : 2008-11-06
Age : 23
Location : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Vandal on 9/6/2009, 1:49 pm

yeahh thats a link to watch their behind the trailers..
avatar
Vandal
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9928
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 26
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Riaaanna on 9/6/2009, 1:54 pm

lol randomness

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Riaaanna

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by thewizardofodd12 on 9/6/2009, 2:03 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:lol randomness

Its not random, child its serious!
avatar
thewizardofodd12

Posts : 370
Join date : 2008-11-06
Age : 23
Location : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by ~Angel~ on 9/6/2009, 5:18 pm

thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:lol randomness

Its not random, child its serious!

People can be random thiers nothing wrong about it.
avatar
~Angel~

Posts : 583
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 20
Location : ANYWHERE WHEREVER MY WINGS TAKE ME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 9/7/2009, 3:52 am

The way I see this it has two possible courses, the first, Disney does nothing, which is probably going to be what they will do, Disney is a company which is suffering great set backs, they've drained virtually every one of their current franchises to the bone and without someone like Walt to lead them back into the promised land they're in a very dark place. Marvel on the other hand is pretty much running itself these days, it's comics are still popular and to hear some speak, getting more popular, Disney, if they're smart, will leave Marvel as they are, let the comic company raise it's flag and sail it's own ship, and then just sit back and rake in the profits. Sure their might be some new Wolverine mascots added to certain theme parks, but if you really think about it, there's been two version of Marvel for a long time. The version from the television series and other such mock ups, where Spiderman doesn't bleed, Wolverine doesn't smoke, and no body ever dies, and the version from the comics, which I tend to much prefer, people bleed, bad guys kill, and all the many dark things which exist in our world are dually represented in their's.

Now it's the other rout we have to concern ourselves with, in this rout Disney takes the helm, you end with Goofy/Punisher crossover movie/video games and the hot place down stairs freezes over a little more. Wolverine quits smoking for good, the comics become increasingly kid friendly and are ultimately sold next to the mouse ears in certain theme park gift stores.

The most I expect out of this is probably more games like Kingdom Hearts, only this time around you get to stop over at New York and team up with the Human Torch (He is Marvel right?) while fighting Doctor Octopus and that villain from Black Cauldron.

You have to remember, Disney may have a name to protect, but they're still a company, and if they can get away with it they're only going to try and make money from assimilating Marvel Comics. And if worst comes to pass, we still have DC to count on.
avatar
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1875
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Naked Snake on 9/7/2009, 11:59 am

I think Disney's actually trying to forget The Black Cauldron. Heaven knows I am.

I'd be loathe to see Disney acquire D.C. for the very reasons you'd just named. The DCAU would probably be mauled beyond recognition--especially Batman: TAS, which is an anomaly as far as cartoons are concerned for being dark, gritty and somewhat realistic (at least they used guns instead of frickin' laser beams).

_________________
avatar
Naked Snake

Posts : 1574
Join date : 2009-03-17
Location : Outer Heaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Raevien on 9/7/2009, 4:40 pm

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
The most I expect out of this is probably more games like Kingdom Hearts, only this time around you get to stop over at New York and team up with the Human Torch (He is Marvel right?) while fighting Doctor Octopus and that villain from Black Cauldron.

Being a gamer, that was the first thing I thought of.

Only.

I saw Deadpool.

Heavens knows why. xD;;;

I can totally see him turning around and yelling at the screen and arguing with and cursing out the gamer for making him jump off buildings, die and stuff. ...yeah. That'd be epic.

_________________
If Superman's the world's biggest boyscout, why is Batman always the one who comes prepared?
avatar
Raevien

Posts : 419
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 26
Location : At Fab Four Fortress

View user profile http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Naked Snake on 9/7/2009, 4:47 pm

Raevien wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
The most I expect out of this is probably more games like Kingdom Hearts, only this time around you get to stop over at New York and team up with the Human Torch (He is Marvel right?) while fighting Doctor Octopus and that villain from Black Cauldron.

Being a gamer, that was the first thing I thought of.

Only.

I saw Deadpool.

Heavens knows why. xD;;;

I can totally see him turning around and yelling at the screen and arguing with and cursing out the gamer for making him jump off buildings, die and stuff. ...yeah. That'd be epic.

Okay, look at Cid. They took away his cigarette and cleaned up his language. Not a big deal, right?

Now, imagine what they would do to Deadpool. And you'll see why that's a terrible idea.

_________________
avatar
Naked Snake

Posts : 1574
Join date : 2009-03-17
Location : Outer Heaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Raevien on 9/7/2009, 4:52 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
Raevien wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
The most I expect out of this is probably more games like Kingdom Hearts, only this time around you get to stop over at New York and team up with the Human Torch (He is Marvel right?) while fighting Doctor Octopus and that villain from Black Cauldron.

Being a gamer, that was the first thing I thought of.

Only.

I saw Deadpool.

Heavens knows why. xD;;;

I can totally see him turning around and yelling at the screen and arguing with and cursing out the gamer for making him jump off buildings, die and stuff. ...yeah. That'd be epic.

Okay, look at Cid. They took away his cigarette and cleaned up his language. Not a big deal, right?

Now, imagine what they would do to Deadpool. And you'll see why that's a terrible idea.

....as terrible of an idea it'd be, it still made me laugh just now. xDD ... The image of Deadpool screaming "dagnabbit" somehow appeared in my head.
....
Good lord, hit me with a fish now, please. xDD aagh

_________________
If Superman's the world's biggest boyscout, why is Batman always the one who comes prepared?
avatar
Raevien

Posts : 419
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 26
Location : At Fab Four Fortress

View user profile http://reavien.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Thecrazykid3649 on 9/7/2009, 4:53 pm

Raevien wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
Raevien wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
The most I expect out of this is probably more games like Kingdom Hearts, only this time around you get to stop over at New York and team up with the Human Torch (He is Marvel right?) while fighting Doctor Octopus and that villain from Black Cauldron.

Being a gamer, that was the first thing I thought of.

Only.

I saw Deadpool.

Heavens knows why. xD;;;

I can totally see him turning around and yelling at the screen and arguing with and cursing out the gamer for making him jump off buildings, die and stuff. ...yeah. That'd be epic.

Okay, look at Cid. They took away his cigarette and cleaned up his language. Not a big deal, right?

Now, imagine what they would do to Deadpool. And you'll see why that's a terrible idea.

....as terrible of an idea it'd be, it still made me laugh just now. xDD ... The image of Deadpool screaming "dagnabbit" somehow appeared in my head.
....
Good lord, hit me with a fish now, please. xDD aagh

*hits raevien with shark* did u want a smaller fish? XDD

_________________


You never have a second attempt at a first impression. -thecrazykid3649
avatar
Thecrazykid3649

Posts : 2225
Join date : 2009-01-24
Age : 23
Location : Orlando, Florida

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thecrazykid3649

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Azrael on 9/7/2009, 5:43 pm

Disney makes Deadpool into Alivepool. He suddenly begins giving candy to small children instead of kicking them, respects other peoples opinions and rescues grandma's from tree's. His fourth wall breaking is parlayed into an after-issue/episode after school special style lesson to teach the kiddies.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by thewizardofodd12 on 9/7/2009, 7:52 pm

Azrael wrote:Disney makes Deadpool into Alivepool. He suddenly begins giving candy to small children instead of kicking them, respects other peoples opinions and rescues grandma's from tree's. His fourth wall breaking is parlayed into an after-issue/episode after school special style lesson to teach the kiddies.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! He broke the fourth wall!!!
avatar
thewizardofodd12

Posts : 370
Join date : 2008-11-06
Age : 23
Location : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by redeagle321 on 9/9/2009, 2:07 pm

Azrael wrote:Disney makes Deadpool into Alivepool. He suddenly begins giving candy to small children instead of kicking them, respects other peoples opinions and rescues grandma's from tree's. His fourth wall breaking is parlayed into an after-issue/episode after school special style lesson to teach the kiddies.
What a frightening thought!
avatar
redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6147
Join date : 2009-05-18
Location : Right behind you

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney/Marvel?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.