Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 10/19/2009, 11:01 pm


Can you identify all the Titans present?
avatar
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1875
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Cylor on 10/20/2009, 12:30 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Can you identify all the Titans present?
Hawk
Dove
Lilith Clay
Starfire
Kole
Wonder Girl
Aqualad
Speedy
Herald
Terra
Raven
Kid Flash
Robin
Changeling/Beast Boy
Cyborg
Wildebeest
Phantom
Pantha
Jericho
Nightwing
Prysm
Risk
Argent
Joto/Hotspot
Atom

...Did I miss anyone?

_________________

Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend.
avatar
Cylor

Posts : 195
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 40
Location : NoDak, USA

View user profile http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 10/20/2009, 12:35 am

No that's all of them. I was hoping it would puzzle a few people.
avatar
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1875
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Cylor on 10/20/2009, 12:41 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:No that's all of them. I was hoping it would puzzle a few people.
Sorry to disappoint. Razz

_________________

Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend.
avatar
Cylor

Posts : 195
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 40
Location : NoDak, USA

View user profile http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Riaaanna on 10/20/2009, 5:18 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Can you identify all the Titans present?

Wait a sec... That Robin is Dick, right? And so is Nightwing... Two places at same time...? XD

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Riaaanna

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Azrael on 10/20/2009, 4:34 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Can you identify all the Titans present?

Wait a sec... That Robin is Dick, right? And so is Nightwing... Two places at same time...? XD
It's a montage image of different eras of the Teen Titans in comics, so they can get away with doing that.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Naked Snake on 10/20/2009, 5:16 pm

BUT WHAR IS TERRA??? SHE IS MAH FLAVORITE CHARCTURRR EVAR BCUZ SHE IS SO KEWL

_________________
avatar
Naked Snake

Posts : 1574
Join date : 2009-03-17
Location : Outer Heaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Xenophobic Sponge on 10/20/2009, 5:24 pm

Naked Snake wrote:BUT WHAR IS TERRA??? SHE IS MAH FLAVORITE CHARCTURRR EVAR BCUZ SHE IS SO KEWL

Just above Robin's cape dude, in all her buck toothed glory.


(Sarcasm noted, but I felt like pointing her out for people anyways)

Xenophobic Sponge

Posts : 574
Join date : 2009-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Riaaanna on 10/20/2009, 6:20 pm

Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Can you identify all the Titans present?

Wait a sec... That Robin is Dick, right? And so is Nightwing... Two places at same time...? XD
It's a montage image of different eras of the Teen Titans in comics, so they can get away with doing that.
Ah. Got it. :D

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Riaaanna

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Riaaanna on 10/20/2009, 6:21 pm

The Professor wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Can you identify all the Titans present?

Wait a sec... That Robin is Dick, right? And so is Nightwing... Two places at same time...? XD

You do know that Dick wasn't the only Robin to 'grace' the Titan's ranks... right?

What, you're a big fan of Tim Drake? Razz

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Riaaanna

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Riaaanna on 10/20/2009, 6:22 pm

Xenophobic Sponge wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:BUT WHAR IS TERRA??? SHE IS MAH FLAVORITE CHARCTURRR EVAR BCUZ SHE IS SO KEWL

Just above Robin's cape dude, in all her buck toothed glory.


(Sarcasm noted, but I felt like pointing her out for people anyways)

Sarcasm makes the world go round.

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Riaaanna

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Azrael on 10/20/2009, 6:40 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Can you identify all the Titans present?

Wait a sec... That Robin is Dick, right? And so is Nightwing... Two places at same time...? XD

You do know that Dick wasn't the only Robin to 'grace' the Titan's ranks... right?

What, you're a big fan of Tim Drake? Razz
Tim was great pre-angst.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Riaaanna on 10/20/2009, 6:52 pm

Azrael wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:
Can you identify all the Titans present?

Wait a sec... That Robin is Dick, right? And so is Nightwing... Two places at same time...? XD

You do know that Dick wasn't the only Robin to 'grace' the Titan's ranks... right?

What, you're a big fan of Tim Drake? Razz
Tim was great pre-angst.

Yeah, he's a cool guy. But I still like the original Robin better XD

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Riaaanna

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Azrael on 10/20/2009, 7:42 pm

Man, that image just reminds me what a bad idea what the roster for the Atom led Teen Titans was.

But it could have been worse of course; let's not discount the failure of Team Titans!

Yeah, he's a cool guy. But I still like the original Robin better XD
Depends for me. I seriously disliked him in most anything post-No Mans Land until just recently. Good writing and some great moments have slowly won me back though. Especially with Dick as Batman right now; what I've seen makes it all look fun and better than I expected.

Still want Bruce back in the cowl though.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by SylverBluTitan on 10/20/2009, 7:54 pm

BRUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!! D:

Had to let that one out.

I think I like Tim, from what I've seen with Geoff John's run of TT. But that's not really enough material. =/ I have no opinion of Jason, since I've only seen his return, which hadn't been pretty. Although it was pretty cool watching Robin beat up Robin in Life and Death. I was like 8D OMFG WUT?! THIS IS EPICLY WEIRD!!

Lawls. But maybe that was just me. =/

All it needed was some Nightwing tossing some punches too, and I would have melted into a puddle of fangirlly glee. Gawd, I love good fights. <333

_________________
They don't call him "Dick" Grayson for nothing...
But we love him anyway.
_____
"Gotta tell you, Koriand'r, I still haven't gotten over the fact that you're an alien. I mean, you're not a little green man with tentacles or anything."

"Why, thank you, Terry Long. Neither are you."
avatar
SylverBluTitan

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Cylor on 10/24/2009, 12:33 am

Azrael wrote:But it could have been worse of course; let's not discount the failure of Team Titans!
No kidding. Team Titans was DC's weak attempt to rip off X-Force...which itself was a fairly naked rip-off of the "classic" Wolfman/Perez era Teen Titans comics. Suspect

In short, it was that sort of thing that eventually killed my interest in superhero comics altogether.

_________________

Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend.
avatar
Cylor

Posts : 195
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 40
Location : NoDak, USA

View user profile http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 11/3/2009, 3:07 am

Interesting facts you say. This is for all you Speedy Fans.

Roy Harper: (Speedy I) joined the Titans a total of four separate times, all of which ended in the team's disbandment. He at one point held a romance with Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) but it never progressed beyond teen aged sweet hearts. After the first disbandment of the the Titans Ollie Queen (Green Arrow) had lost much of his fortune and left Speedy on his own to travel America with Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) & Dinah Lance (Black Canary), after which Harper developed a Heroin addiction, upon the discovery of which, Arrow punched Speedy & kicked him out leaving him homeless. Hal, Canary and others then took Roy in and assisted him in quitting drugs cold turkey.

Roy then worked as counselor for drug addicted teens, while continuing to pursue a career as Speedy, again joining the Titans, only to have them disband once more. The Central Bureau of Investigations (CBI) then turned their attention to Speedy's talents and employed him as an official drug enforcement agent. On one undercover assignment, Harper was tasked with the job of gaining the trust of the sociopathic mercenary Cheshire, and despite his better judgment he the two feel in love & conceived a child. However unaware of her pregnancy Speedy left Cheshire due to their conflicting ideologies and agencies. Upon learning of his child Speedy & Nightwing teamed up to prevent Cheshire's assassination, during the course of which Speedy was poisoned by Cheshire, and rescued by Nightwing. Cheshire escaped, and Nightwing brought their daughter, Lian, to see Roy while he was recovering in the hospital.

Speedy then assumed the role of a single father, however no longer a member of the CBI or the Titans, and still estranged from Oliver Queen, he had no place to go. He relocated to Los Angeles, where he attempted a career as a private investigator and assisted the latest incarnation of the Titans, declining to rejoin as a full member. Eventually, he resumed his working relationship with the CBI and then its successor organization Checkmate.

Soon after the Titans made a deal with to become sanctioned by the US Government, and Nightwing voluntarily stepped down as leader. Speedy became the obvious choice, and after abandoning the 'Speedy' persona he became known as Arsenal, availing himself to advanced technology available as a member of the Government. Unfortunately, the team suffered from a lack of commitment from its various members, and was dissolved yet again.

Roy then opted to re-open communication with Green Arrow and The two managed to forgive one another, until Ollie was blown up in an air plane. Yet another team of Titans was formed, including several old faces including Nightwing Tempest(Aqualad) Flash(Kid Flash) and of course, Arsenal. However after a hard battle and the apparent death of one of their members, this incarnation of Titans again disbanded shortly after Arsenal's departure.

Soon after this Arsenal learned that he, and his daughter, were decedents of Vandal Savage, who wanted them for their organs. After Savage's defeat, yet another incarnation of the Titans was formed by the original five, and Roy signed on as a full time member, living in Titans Tower with his daughter, and hiring Rose Wilson(Slade's Daughter) as a nanny. He attempted to renew his relationship with Wonder Girl, but broke it off due to her carrying her own issues, returning to an established life as a 'ladies man.'

Around the same time, Green Arrow was resurrected by his long time friend Hal Jordan during the Lantern's stint possessed by the intergalactic Fear Deity Parallax, and after the Arrow solved some of his own personal issues he and Harper made up for good. However this moment in the sun was short lived, as near there after, several Titans died in a dramatic battle, including Donna Troy, and the Titans again, disbanded.

Arsenal then had various adventures with a group known as The Outsiders, Harper conceived the team as professional and proactive, with none of the "family" connections that seemed to doom various incarnations of the Titans. However after the failed rescue of one of their member's wrongly imprisoned father, The Outsiders were believed dead, by most of the world. Though the team saw this as an opportunity to operate covertly, Arsenal soon realized he was not made for the life of a cloak and dagger hero and left the team, returning full command to Nightwing.

There after nearly a full year after their return to active duty, the heroes Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, decided to reform the Justice League of America, which had been disbanded during the Crisis. In a sign that he had finally "made it," Arsenal was asked by the three to join the latest incarnation of the team. In their first mission as teammates, Hal Jordan referred to Harper as "Red Arrow" (attempting to cover for the fact that he almost called him by his real name). Though Harper was surprised by this new nickname, he soon embraced the identity with the help of a new costume, given to him by his former mentor, Green Arrow. His new name and costume became symbolic of his "coming of age" and the end of his troubled relationship with Oliver Queen.

Red Arrow continues to serve with the Justice League.

All information obtained from Dc Comics Database, Roy Harper thank you and have a nice day.
avatar
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1875
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Riaaanna on 11/3/2009, 6:36 am

What an awesome presentation, TDG! :D

Since you know that much about comics, I trust that you can help me. What are the most important events that occur in DC Universe? I tried to study them from wikipedia and stuff, but I found out that it was quite confusing. XD
The only important event I know from a long time ago is Infinite Crisis. The rest, I have no idea. XD Give me some descriptions, too.

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Riaaanna

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Cylor on 11/3/2009, 9:05 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:What an awesome presentation, TDG! :D

Since you know that much about comics, I trust that you can help me. What are the most important events that occur in DC Universe? I tried to study them from wikipedia and stuff, but I found out that it was quite confusing. XD
That's kind of an inevitable problem with all long-running comic book titles, from what I've observed. And if recent history is any indicator, half of what could be considered the "most important events" to have occurred in the DC universe are probably going to be retconned sooner or later, anyway. Rolling Eyes

Having said that, the biggest events I can think of offhand to have affected the entire DC universe would be the original Crisis on Infinite Earths (possibly the single most ambitious storyline in the entire history of superhero comics), the death (and return) of Superman, and lastly, the recent Infinite Crisis.

_________________

Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend.
avatar
Cylor

Posts : 195
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 40
Location : NoDak, USA

View user profile http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Riaaanna on 11/3/2009, 9:22 am

Cylor wrote:
Rianna Lauren wrote:What an awesome presentation, TDG! :D

Since you know that much about comics, I trust that you can help me. What are the most important events that occur in DC Universe? I tried to study them from wikipedia and stuff, but I found out that it was quite confusing. XD
That's kind of an inevitable problem with all long-running comic book titles, from what I've observed. And if recent history is any indicator, half of what could be considered the "most important events" to have occurred in the DC universe are probably going to be retconned sooner or later, anyway. Rolling Eyes

Having said that, the biggest events I can think of offhand to have affected the entire DC universe would be the original Crisis on Infinite Earths (possibly the single most ambitious storyline in the entire history of superhero comics), the death (and return) of Superman, and lastly, the recent Infinite Crisis.

Ah. I'll check those out. All I know is Infinite Crisis, the rest... I'm not quite familiar with them. xD

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com
avatar
Riaaanna

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 22
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Azrael on 11/3/2009, 10:05 am

Cylor wrote:And if recent history is any indicator, half of what could be considered the "most important events" to have occurred in the DC universe are probably going to be retconned sooner or later, anyway. Rolling Eyes
Tsk tsk tsk. Mah boi, many of the most important events have stayed in continuity. For instance:

- The Death and Return of Superman
- Bane breaking Batmans back
- Hal Jordan going crazy
- Gotham being decimated by an Earthquake and becoming a veritable No Mans Land
- The Crisis on Infinite Earths
- The battle against Imperiex, known also as Our Worlds at War
- Jim Corrigan letting go of The Spectre and finally finding peace
- Hal Jordan becoming the new Spectre
- The Rebirth of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
- Kyle Rayners time as the sole Green Lantern
- Kyle Rayners time as Ion
- Lex Luthors presidency
- Identity Crisis
- The visit from the heroes of the 853rd century, or JLA One Million
- The battle against Maggeddon

Retcon. Pssh. Folks make those out like they're always writing stories out of existance when it's far from the truth. Usually they may alter details known from the earlier storyline, but rare is the time when they're retconned out of existance. When that rarity happens, it's usually for a good reason, like the story completely sucking.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 11/3/2009, 10:51 am

Azrael wrote:
Cylor wrote:And if recent history is any indicator, half of what could be considered the "most important events" to have occurred in the DC universe are probably going to be retconned sooner or later, anyway. Rolling Eyes
Tsk tsk tsk. Mah boi, many of the most important events have stayed in continuity. For instance:

- The Death and Return of Superman
- Bane breaking Batmans back
- Hal Jordan going crazy
- Gotham being decimated by an Earthquake and becoming a veritable No Mans Land
- The Crisis on Infinite Earths
- The battle against Imperiex, known also as Our Worlds at War
- Jim Corrigan letting go of The Spectre and finally finding peace
- Hal Jordan becoming the new Spectre
- The Rebirth of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
- Kyle Rayners time as the sole Green Lantern
- Kyle Rayners time as Ion
- Lex Luthors presidency
- Identity Crisis
- The visit from the heroes of the 853rd century, or JLA One Million
- The battle against Maggeddon

Retcon. Pssh. Folks make those out like they're always writing stories out of existance when it's far from the truth. Usually they may alter details known from the earlier storyline, but rare is the time when they're retconned out of existance. When that rarity happens, it's usually for a good reason, like the story completely sucking.

Don't forget Bruce Wane's 'death' at the hands of Darkseid.
avatar
TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1875
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Cylor on 11/3/2009, 11:03 am

Azrael wrote:
Cylor wrote:And if recent history is any indicator, half of what could be considered the "most important events" to have occurred in the DC universe are probably going to be retconned sooner or later, anyway. Rolling Eyes
Tsk tsk tsk. Mah boi, many of the most important events have stayed in continuity. For instance:

- The Death and Return of Superman
- Bane breaking Batmans back
- Hal Jordan going crazy
- Gotham being decimated by an Earthquake and becoming a veritable No Mans Land
- The Crisis on Infinite Earths
- The battle against Imperiex, known also as Our Worlds at War
- Jim Corrigan letting go of The Spectre and finally finding peace
- Hal Jordan becoming the new Spectre
- The Rebirth of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
- Kyle Rayners time as the sole Green Lantern
- Kyle Rayners time as Ion
- Lex Luthors presidency
- Identity Crisis
- The visit from the heroes of the 853rd century, or JLA One Million
- The battle against Maggeddon

Retcon. Pssh. Folks make those out like they're always writing stories out of existance when it's far from the truth. Usually they may alter details known from the earlier storyline, but rare is the time when they're retconned out of existance. When that rarity happens, it's usually for a good reason, like the story completely sucking.
First, I'm not your "boi". Last time I checked I was a number of years older than you, if I recall the age you had listed before you removed it from your profile correctly. Razz

Second, howzabout the entire team of Titans that were "erased from time" in the Zero Hour time crisis? Howzabout Raven's pack of brothers who recently popped into existence, thus negating the extreme significance and importance of her character being Trigon's only surviving offspring? How about all the characters whose tragic and heroic deaths were rendered utterly meaningless by their recent and convenient resurrection? How 'bout Donna Troy's nearly incomprehensible contradicting origin stories? And that's just stuff relating directly to the Teen Titans!

Speaking solely for myself, I realized quite a few years ago that trying to keep track of the continuity of superhero comics that had been in continuous publication since my own parents were children had proven to be a huge waste of my time and money. Because statistically speaking, the truly memorable and outstanding stories were few and far between. That's not necessarily anyone's fault, it's just a fact of life. Moreover, the continual, long-running monthly publication cycle, coupled with periodic staff upheavals and insane power-mad editorial decisions, make creative stagnation and glaring plot/character inconsistencies virtually unavoidable over time. When I realized that, I lost interest in comic books, and especially superhero comics, to a large degree.

But I later discovered that I hadn't lost my interest in the idea of superheroes or my enjoyment of the team dynamic they can present. That's why I enjoy the (well-executed) movies like Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Superman Returns, as well as the first two X-Men and Spider-Man movies, and the DCAU and TT animated series. They show it's possible to take iconic characters with decades and decades of impossibly tangled plot threads, boil them down to their essence, and actually make them enjoyable again...at least to someone like me, anyway.

_________________

Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend.
avatar
Cylor

Posts : 195
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 40
Location : NoDak, USA

View user profile http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Azrael on 11/3/2009, 3:34 pm

Cylor wrote:First, I'm not your "boi". Last time I checked I was a number of years older than you, if I recall the age you had listed before you removed it from your profile correctly. Razz


Second, howzabout the entire team of Titans that were "erased from time" in the Zero Hour time crisis?
More like erased from existence. It still occurred. Deathwing, Terra II and Mirage stayed and if I remember correctly recalled what had happened.

Also, see my caveat about stories completely sucking; Team Titans was not a high point in Titans lore and was frankly best left forgotten.

I did always find it funny that Terra II was originally going to be a lesbian though.

Howzabout Raven's pack of brothers who recently popped into existence, thus negating the extreme significance and importance of her character being Trigon's only surviving offspring?
Which held for a long time. Also, I actually find it kind of stupid that he supposedly had only one surviving offspring. It reminds me of a line from Batman The Animated Series.

Ra's Al Ghul: "Detective, did you truly think that in all my years of life I had sired only one offspring?"

Not saying that Da Trigon Boyz were brought about in a good story, but honestly, I'm shocked it didn't happen sooner. Also, it didn't erase any stories or the impact of them; it changed only the present day.

How about all the characters whose tragic and heroic deaths were rendered utterly meaningless by their recent and convenient resurrection?
Fact of fiction, really. Resurrection has been a trope that's been in fiction for a long time. The fact that it bothers people in the context of fictional universes where a man can fly, shoot laser beams, folks use rings powered by will and imagination, shrink down to microscopic size and can bond with alien symbiotes has always, always baffled me.

The resurrections don't erase those stories. They don't erase the power of a well done story either. But people act like they do. Take Barry Allen for instance; he was gone for twenty years, made into a martyr in the DCU and the memory inspired Wally. What more do you want? Same for Jason Todd; he'd affected Batman in the same way for decades, it was time to switch it up.

How 'bout Donna Troy's nearly incomprehensible contradicting origin stories?
Since cleared up. The different contradictory origins stem from the multiverse being compounded into one Earth in COIE; she had all the different origin memories of different Donna's across the multiverse. Unlike every other hero, she was the repository of knowledge of the multiverse and her alternate selves prior to COIE.

So if you want to be technical, the original origin is correct and the subsequent origins came from all the others being absorbed into her. The past is moot. She moves on from it. Problem solved.

Speaking solely for myself, I realized quite a few years ago that trying to keep track of the continuity of superhero comics that had been in continuous publication since my own parents were children had proven to be a huge waste of my time and money. Because statistically speaking, the truly memorable and outstanding stories were few and far between. That's not necessarily anyone's fault, it's just a fact of life. Moreover, the continual, long-running monthly publication cycle, coupled with periodic staff upheavals and insane power-mad editorial decisions, make creative stagnation and glaring plot/character inconsistencies virtually unavoidable over time. When I realized that, I lost interest in comic books, and especially superhero comics, to a large degree.
So, continuity synching up to you and old things left untouched meant more than good stories? Even if the stuff was awful?

Alright. I don't agree with that at all. But to each his own. *shrug*

TheDecieverGod wrote:Don't forget Bruce Wane's 'death' at the hands of Darkseid.
I can't wait to see how that is resolved. It's becoming more and more obvious that the Batman #666 alternate future has not yet been averted. It's starting to play out. But can Bruce return and stop it from happening?

Man, that's going to be awesome.

Also, I loved how the "death" played out. Anyone versed in the New Gods knew he wasn't really dead. Omega Sanction, aww yeah. Grant Morrison is a goddamn genius.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"
avatar
Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Cylor on 11/4/2009, 9:53 am

Azrael wrote:
Cylor wrote:How about all the characters whose tragic and heroic deaths were rendered utterly meaningless by their recent and convenient resurrection?
Fact of fiction, really. Resurrection has been a trope that's been in fiction for a long time.
A fact of really BAD fiction, 99 times out of 100. The fact that it's so horribly overused in comic books is probably the single biggest reason people don't take comic books seriously as a medium. And yes, more so than super powers, aliens, and everything else, because it shows that the writers either don't know what the hell they're doing, or don't care. And I'm not sure which is worse.

Ditch the capes and spandex, and you know what that leaves you with? A soap opera.

Azrael wrote:The resurrections don't erase those stories. They don't erase the power of a well done story either. But people act like they do.
That's because...they do. When death has become just a temporary ailment at best -- and I'm not talking about for characters whose background or abilities specifically include immortality, but for EVERYONE -- then any conceivable threat your protagonists are faced with, not just now but EVER, loses credibility. And as a result, it also loses most if not all of its emotional impact. For the same reasons, resurrecting characters whose deaths were major dramatic milestones just because you feel like it also diminishes the emotional significance of those past stories. What, they killed off Magneto? Eh, so what, he'll be back. Superboy saved the universe, but it cost him his life? Big deal, he'll be back in a year or two. Jean Grey laid down her life for the sake of the world, and also for the 73rd time? Who cares.

See what I'm getting at? It's a soap opera.

_________________

Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend.
avatar
Cylor

Posts : 195
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 40
Location : NoDak, USA

View user profile http://sincronos.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.