Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by artemis 1223 on 8/12/2009, 9:27 pm

hey guys i was in my astronamy class and we were learing about earth dirt mud whatever u want to call it. and i learned that land or terrain in latin is called Terra. i though that was cool and decided it was worth sharing. i wonder if wb new this when they named terra? i also want to invite u to see if there are other facts like this in TT. thx. -cadet farmer

_________________
the heart is a preceous gem. protect it for without it thou art as useless as a flameless star.

artemis 1223

Posts : 100
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 23
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by artemis 1223 on 8/24/2009, 7:31 pm

lol i guess nobody else had any cool facts... =P :farao:

_________________
the heart is a preceous gem. protect it for without it thou art as useless as a flameless star.

artemis 1223

Posts : 100
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 23
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Naked Snake on 8/24/2009, 9:11 pm

artemis 1223 wrote:hey guys i was in my astronamy class and we were learing about earth dirt mud whatever u want to call it. and i learned that land or terrain in latin is called Terra. i though that was cool and decided it was worth sharing. i wonder if wb new this when they named terra? i also want to invite u to see if there are other facts like this in TT. thx. -cadet farmer

WB didn't create Terra, D.C. did. Decades before the show was created, I might add. And given the fact that her power involves manipulation of land, I think it's a safe bet that they knew.

In other news, Beast Boy's name includes the words "Beast" and "Boy." Wowzers! I wonder if D.C. knew this when they named him!

Naked Snake

Posts : 1574
Join date : 2009-03-17
Location : Outer Heaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by artemis 1223 on 8/24/2009, 10:28 pm

Naked Snake wrote:
artemis 1223 wrote:hey guys i was in my astronamy class and we were learing about earth dirt mud whatever u want to call it. and i learned that land or terrain in latin is called Terra. i though that was cool and decided it was worth sharing. i wonder if wb new this when they named terra? i also want to invite u to see if there are other facts like this in TT. thx. -cadet farmer

WB didn't create Terra, D.C. did. Decades before the show was created, I might add. And given the fact that her power involves manipulation of land, I think it's a safe bet that they knew.

In other news, Beast Boy's name includes the words "Beast" and "Boy." Wowzers! I wonder if D.C. knew this when they named him!
yay! sombody posted!!!

_________________
the heart is a preceous gem. protect it for without it thou art as useless as a flameless star.

artemis 1223

Posts : 100
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 23
Location : America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Naked Snake on 8/24/2009, 10:30 pm

artemis 1223 wrote:
Naked Snake wrote:
artemis 1223 wrote:hey guys i was in my astronamy class and we were learing about earth dirt mud whatever u want to call it. and i learned that land or terrain in latin is called Terra. i though that was cool and decided it was worth sharing. i wonder if wb new this when they named terra? i also want to invite u to see if there are other facts like this in TT. thx. -cadet farmer

WB didn't create Terra, D.C. did. Decades before the show was created, I might add. And given the fact that her power involves manipulation of land, I think it's a safe bet that they knew.

In other news, Beast Boy's name includes the words "Beast" and "Boy." Wowzers! I wonder if D.C. knew this when they named him!
yay! sombody posted!!!

You didn't read what I said, or else you wouldn't be so joyous.

Naked Snake

Posts : 1574
Join date : 2009-03-17
Location : Outer Heaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Guest on 8/25/2009, 11:19 am

Hahaha stop being so sarcastic Snake, he was just happy that you posted on his forum, anyway, a fact about the teen titans eh? Hmmm well did u guys know that in the comics NightWing and Star had a daugter? I wonder where they got her name = NightStar (lol) Her real name was Mari though.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by ~Angel~ on 8/25/2009, 5:10 pm

Well star and nightwing were going to get married on thier wedding day evil raven crashed there wedding and put a seed in star so she had to leave and go back to her planet and she ended up marrying a general who was killed in battle hope that helps.

~Angel~

Posts : 583
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 19
Location : ANYWHERE WHEREVER MY WINGS TAKE ME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by archiesangel on 8/26/2009, 7:08 pm

Beast Boy's other name in 1965 (when he first appeared in The Doom Patrol comics from DC) was Changling... =)

archiesangel

Posts : 3900
Join date : 2009-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by redeagle321 on 8/27/2009, 2:47 pm

In the older comic series, it was raven and cyborg that started the Titans XD

redeagle321
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6147
Join date : 2009-05-18
Location : Right behind you

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/redeagle321

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Vandal on 9/2/2009, 3:35 pm

Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??

Vandal
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9928
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by thewizardofodd12 on 9/2/2009, 5:16 pm

Mercy wrote:Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??

every one knew that, kid.

thewizardofodd12

Posts : 370
Join date : 2008-11-06
Age : 22
Location : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Naked Snake on 9/2/2009, 6:22 pm

Mercy wrote:Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??

Oh my GOD! And did you know that there was more than one Robin too? Astounding!

Someone else saw the absurdity of this thread and commented. I feel so...understood.

Naked Snake

Posts : 1574
Join date : 2009-03-17
Location : Outer Heaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Rianna Lauren on 9/2/2009, 6:50 pm

:lol!:

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com

Rianna Lauren

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 21
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile http://riannalauren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Vandal on 9/2/2009, 8:23 pm

thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Mercy wrote:Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??

every one knew that, kid.

Oh wow really? You sure??

Vandal
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9928
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by EllaMila1 on 9/16/2009, 10:41 am

Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Mercy wrote:Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??

every one knew that, kid.

Oh wow really? You sure??

Almost everyone loved batman, so yeah apparently everyone knows.
I've never been such a fan of it, so when I saw Robin I was like,, hmm.. xd

EllaMila1

Posts : 794
Join date : 2009-07-13
Age : 20
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Rianna Lauren on 9/16/2009, 11:44 am

EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Mercy wrote:Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??

every one knew that, kid.

Oh wow really? You sure??

Almost everyone loved batman, so yeah apparently everyone knows.
I've never been such a fan of it, so when I saw Robin I was like,, hmm.. xd

lol. hey ella, get on the chatbox! :D

_________________

SAVE TEEN TITANS & TEEN TITANS FANBASE BLOGSPOT:
http://savetheteentitans.blogspot.com
[CLOSED]

TEEN TITANS FANBASE SITE: http://teentitansfanbase.webs.com

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD FAN FORUM:
http://batmanbraveandbold.forumotion.net

JUSTICE LEAGUE FAN FORUM:
http://justiceleague.forumotion.net

NEW! YOUNG JUSTICE FAN FORUM:
http://youngjustice.forumotion.com

Rianna Lauren

Posts : 3986
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 21
Location : INDONESIA

View user profile http://riannalauren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by EllaMila1 on 9/16/2009, 12:08 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Mercy wrote:Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??

every one knew that, kid.

Oh wow really? You sure??

Almost everyone loved batman, so yeah apparently everyone knows.
I've never been such a fan of it, so when I saw Robin I was like,, hmm.. xd

lol. hey ella, get on the chatbox! :D

^^ ugh you just left. xD

EllaMila1

Posts : 794
Join date : 2009-07-13
Age : 20
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Vandal on 9/16/2009, 4:02 pm

EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Mercy wrote:Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??

every one knew that, kid.

Oh wow really? You sure??

Almost everyone loved batman, so yeah apparently everyone knows.
I've never been such a fan of it, so when I saw Robin I was like,, hmm.. xd

Uhh... yeah that's called sarcasm

_________________

Vandal
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9928
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by EllaMila1 on 9/17/2009, 2:40 am

Mercy wrote:
EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Mercy wrote:Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??

every one knew that, kid.

Oh wow really? You sure??

Almost everyone loved batman, so yeah apparently everyone knows.
I've never been such a fan of it, so when I saw Robin I was like,, hmm.. xd

Uhh... yeah that's called sarcasm

... >.>

EllaMila1

Posts : 794
Join date : 2009-07-13
Age : 20
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/EllaMila1

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Vandal on 9/17/2009, 7:40 pm

EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
EllaMila1 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
thewizardofodd12 wrote:
Mercy wrote:Rolling Eyes hey did you know robin was the sidekick of batman??

every one knew that, kid.

Oh wow really? You sure??

Almost everyone loved batman, so yeah apparently everyone knows.
I've never been such a fan of it, so when I saw Robin I was like,, hmm.. xd

Uhh... yeah that's called sarcasm

... >.>

yeah.. sorry >_<

_________________

Vandal
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9928
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 9/24/2009, 9:10 am

Here's a fun little fact. In Cyborg's original origin he wasn't crippled in a car accident like the Go! comics claim, but his parents were semi-crazy super scientists who were experimenting when something blew up, killed his mother, and seriously crippled him. His dad hooked him up to a toaster and saved his life, but it wasn't exactly inconspicuous.

Also Herald's horn is called the Gabriel Horn, based off a mathematical theoretical figure with infinite surface area, but a finite volume, and in the original comics it eroded the barriers between Earth and Purgatory.

'Purgatory' also makes an appearance in the Justice League television show, though like in Titans it remains unnamed. In the Episode 'Kid's Stuff' the arch wizard Mordred La Faye uses the amulet of first magic to banish 'every older then him' including his own mother, the dimension where all the adults are sent bears a convincing resemblance to The Herald's dimension from Teen Titans.

TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1875
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Vandal on 9/24/2009, 11:50 am

TheDeceiverGod wrote:Here's a fun little fact. In Cyborg's original origin he wasn't crippled in a car accident like the Go! comics claim, but his parents were semi-crazy super scientists who were experimenting when something blew up, killed his mother, and seriously crippled him. His dad hooked him up to a toaster and saved his life, but it wasn't exactly inconspicuous.

Also Herald's horn is called the Gabriel Horn, based off a mathematical theoretical figure with infinite surface area, but a finite volume, and in the original comics it eroded the barriers between Earth and Purgatory.

'Purgatory' also makes an appearance in the Justice League television show, though like in Titans it remains unnamed. In the Episode 'Kid's Stuff' the arch wizard Mordred La Faye uses the amulet of first magic to banish 'every older then him' including his own mother, the dimension where all the adults are sent bears a convincing resemblance to The Herald's dimension from Teen Titans.

Uhhh WOW

_________________

Vandal
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9928
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by TheDeceiverGod on 9/24/2009, 2:52 pm

Mercy wrote:
TheDeceiverGod wrote:Here's a fun little fact. In Cyborg's original origin he wasn't crippled in a car accident like the Go! comics claim, but his parents were semi-crazy super scientists who were experimenting when something blew up, killed his mother, and seriously crippled him. His dad hooked him up to a toaster and saved his life, but it wasn't exactly inconspicuous.

Also Herald's horn is called the Gabriel Horn, based off a mathematical theoretical figure with infinite surface area, but a finite volume, and in the original comics it eroded the barriers between Earth and Purgatory.

'Purgatory' also makes an appearance in the Justice League television show, though like in Titans it remains unnamed. In the Episode 'Kid's Stuff' the arch wizard Mordred La Faye uses the amulet of first magic to banish 'every older then him' including his own mother, the dimension where all the adults are sent bears a convincing resemblance to The Herald's dimension from Teen Titans.

Uhhh WOW

Well if you liked that I have more.

'Trigon's true name is Skath, in that the mark he places on Raven & Slade's forehead is the Mark of Skath. He was originally created as the DC universe's version of Lucifer, in that he is the personification of evil in all it's forms, his realm is actually supposed to be hell, from which several heroes actually owe their origins, including Blue Devil, Kid Devil, and Etrigan the Demon.

Etrigan the Demon, and his alter ego Jason Blood have appeared in both Batman the Animated series, and Justice League unlimited. Jason Blood is an Arthurian Knight who fell in love with Morgan La Faye and betrayed Camelot, and was cursed by Merlin to share his existence with Merlin's then familiar, Etrigan, until the time at which he atoned for his crime IE killed the eternal witch Morgan. Jason Blood is forced to transform into the demon each time he comes in contact with a source of 'evil' Or he can transform himself by reciting a specific poem.

This would mean imply that Jason Blood would be force into being Etrigan were he to come into contact with Raven. Jason Blood is also a friend of Bruce Wane, and both know of each other's secret identities. Jason Blood acts as Batman's regular magical assistant, an in return Bruce loans him a few thousand here and there.

In Dante's Inferno, Dante actually placed Purgatory as the top level of Hell, meaning that Purgatory would actually be within the domain of Skath, Raven's father. Dante described the place as much the same as Earth, where so called 'virtuous pagan's went and spent eternity within the castle of Reason, including such all time hits as Aristotle, Homer, Plato, and more.

But wait there's more.

'Purgatory' also bears an interesting resemblance to the dimension from which the Thanigarian renounced Gods descended in the Justice League Episode "The Terror Beyond" these dark gods bear a significant resemblance to H.P. Lovecraft's 'Deep Ones' who in any iteration of the story are summoned by the dark spell book the Necronomicon. The Necronomicon's counter part, the Rominomicon is among the magic scrolls mentioned by Malchior of Null during his instruction of Raven.

The suffix 'Of Null' comes from the old additive that sorcerers are born with a familiar element, as most ancient mages in various media are referred to as 'of soil' 'of the flame' 'of the tide' 'of sky' The assumption is that someone who is 'of null' would have no natural element, and therefore be able to cast nearly any spell regardless of it's elemental alignment.

TheDeceiverGod
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1875
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Laughing_Man on 9/24/2009, 4:10 pm

Apparently Beast Boy has money even ROBIN finds impressive. Which I don't think was carried over to the animated series sadly.

Laughing_Man

Posts : 164
Join date : 2009-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Azrael on 9/24/2009, 7:57 pm

Laughing_Man wrote:Apparently Beast Boy has money even ROBIN finds impressive. Which I don't think was carried over to the animated series sadly.
Being the adopted son of Steve Dayton has it's perks, I'd imagine.

I think Steve Dayton is supposed to be something like the fifth or sixth richest man in the DCU.

_________________
"How dare you bring logic into a series of emotional outbursts! That's like bringing an M-1 Tank to a knife fight!"

Azrael

Posts : 717
Join date : 2009-08-22
Location : Gotham City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random cool facts that deal with the titans.

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:40 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disclaimer
Our DC Comics Fanbase community does not own any copywritten material owned by DC Comics Inc. All rights are reserved to the owners.